News Forum - Election intrigue: Thai court mulls lawsuit over EC’s unjust targeting of MFP leader Pita

Thaiger

In a significant development, the Central Criminal Court for Corruption and Misconduct Cases is considering a lawsuit against the Election Commission (EC) of Thailand for unjustly targeting Pita Limjaroenrat, the Move Forward Party’s leader, resulting in damage to his reputation. A verdict on whether to officially open the case for hearing is expected at 9:30am … …

The story Election intrigue: Thai court mulls lawsuit over EC’s unjust targeting of MFP leader Pita as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

That the electoral commission managed to forward their recommendations to prosecute, with blistering speed and efficiency (contrary to normal operating procedures) is damning.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

That the electoral commission managed to forward their recommendations to prosecute, with blistering speed and efficiency (contrary to normal operating procedures) is damning.

Look at who appointed them and you have your answer. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

• Like 2

Bhumjaithai Party MP for Buri Ram, was found to have declared a holding of 40,000 shares in iTV to the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC). The shares, along with other assets valued at 84.42 million baht, were declared at the end of his prior MP tenure, as per information published by the NACC.

Bet nothing happens to the guy, who under the same laws should get jail.

Good on you MFP for having a big hit back at the devious buggas, sic him tiger.

• Like 2

Here I was thinking those extremely loud explosions I heard were just a big thunderstorm passing.

Now realise it was the derriere cheeks of the EC slamming shut.

Bully boys getting a taste of their medicine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hmm, this could stir the pot somewhat. Maybe the prod that is needed to get Thai people to stand up to the insidious Thai military and their corrupt political practices.

• Like 4

I am so jaded that I see this only as a teaser, intended as a scrap tossed to the people. If the  investigation and charges  really do progress I will be surprised. Hope I am wrong.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Here I was thinking those extremely loud explosions I heard were just a big thunderstorm passing.

Now realise it was the derriere cheeks of the EC slamming shut.

Bully boys getting a taste of their medicine.

How could you even hear them slamming their cheeks shut when someone bigger has a big stiffy up their rear end puppeteer steering them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Vigo said:

I am so jaded that I see this only as a teaser, intended as a scrap tossed to the people. If the  investigation and charges  really do progress I will be surprised. Hope I am wrong.

We can but hope, Vigo, we can but hope...

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

How could you even hear them slamming their cheeks shut when someone bigger has a big stiffy up their rear end puppeteer steering them. 

As they have from the start of the 'responsible government for the country'

23 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

As they have from the start of the 'responsible government for the country'

Unfortunately. Lot of people being rear ended puppeteer steered here. The brown envelopes they get make the insertion all the less painful. 

He made himself an easy target.  How hard is it to not own shares in a media company?  His predecessor suffered the same fate.  They both tried to weasel their way out of owning the shares to no avail.  Pity.  Or Pita in this case.  Hopefully the next future/move forward candidate will not fall into the same trap.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ChrisS said:

Hmm, this could stir the pot somewhat. Maybe the prod that is needed to get Thai people to stand up to the insidious Thai military and their corrupt political practices.

Not a student of history, I see. Thai people have been standing up to the military for decades and paid their price in blood. One thing the people don’t want for, is bottle.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bushav8r said:

He made himself an easy target.  How hard is it to not own shares in a media company?  His predecessor suffered the same fate.  They both tried to weasel their way out of owning the shares to no avail.  Pity.  Or Pita in this case.  Hopefully the next future/move forward candidate will not fall into the same trap.

True, however the law is not equally applied.

• Like 1

"Not a student of history, I see. Thai people have been standing up to the military for decades and paid their price in blood. One thing the people don’t want for, is bottle."

Small groups only NOT the major uprising that would frighten the generals and get shot of them for good.

sad day for beautiful Thailand.

keep on lying and cheating never tell the truth. even if the truth can be seen and heard on you tube and other public internet channels.

prevent a democratic government from running the country. the current institutions would have to explain where their wealth comes from, that must not happen.

• Like 1

it seem overzealous officials, especially as the media company has been redundant for many years, you have to wonder if it be a fair hearing,but in constitution law disputes,its  the supreme court that has the power to overrule. Had 500 mps set aside their differences for democracy, there wouldn't be this mess

• Like 1

ITV stock is like trying to wipe with already used toilet paper. Useless. This is a witch hunt. If a certain someone could get away with the watches were borrowed from a dead friend, then how is Pita liable to be the the owner of shares owned by his dead father? And these shares are useless and the paper is of more value. At least the high end watches worked!

Material below pasted taken form Wike:

After a lengthy dispute over unpaid concession fees to the Prime Minister's Office, the government's Public Relations Department took over the station in 2007. Its name was changed to Thailand Independent Television (TITV). Following a previously unannounced order of Thailand's Public Relations Department delivered the same day, the station closed on January 15, 2008. In accordance with the Public Broadcasting Service Act B.E.2551(2008), the channel's frequency was assigned to the Thai Public Broadcasting Service (Thai PBS).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

This is a witch hunt

How dare you impugn the honour and honesty of a very highly respected member of parliament! About the watches, I meant; that bloke could not lie straight in bed.

As for the 'witch hunt', you are perfectly correct. As we see, daily, from Yankland, they will try everything to stop a person from succeeding if they do not conform to THEIR brand of politics - backhanders, brown envelopes or just outright, blatant bribery included. If this does NOT get nipped in the but, there is going to be a huge hue and cry from thee 'common, bottom-of-the-garden' Thai. Watch this space!

On 7/20/2023 at 2:34 AM, bushav8r said:

The particular media company in question has not been operational for quite a few years, and the shares are worthless as they cannot be traded, they cannot be bought, sold, or otherwise disposed of. Trap is appropriate - curious how the EC did not "discover" Pita's ownership of these shares until after the MFP had garnered enough votes to threaten their feeding spots at the trough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viggen840 said:

How dare you impugn the honour and honesty of a very highly respected member of parliament! About the watches, I meant; that bloke could not lie straight in bed.

As for the 'witch hunt', you are perfectly correct. As we see, daily, from Yankland, they will try everything to stop a person from succeeding if they do not conform to THEIR brand of politics - backhanders, brown envelopes or just outright, blatant bribery included. If this does NOT get nipped in the but, there is going to be a huge hue and cry from thee 'common, bottom-of-the-garden' Thai. Watch this space!

What is good for the goose in this case (regime with immunity) is not good for the gander who they concider to be the dangerous well loved popular ugly duckling. Are you suggesting a certain person is crooked while laying in everyone's beds? Oh my!