News Forum - Thai man dies after hospital removes 12 teeth, family demands answers

Thaiger

A heartbroken Thai daughter has revealed details of her 64 year old father’s tragic death following the removal of 12 teeth. The removal led to uncontrolled bleeding at Singburi Hospital, Khaosod reported. At Wat Sadao Temple in Bang Rachan district of Singburi province, where the body of Som Sak Khum Khrong was taken for his … …

The story Thai man dies after hospital removes 12 teeth, family demands answers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

He came for the treatment of liver disease and the hospital removed 12 teeth.....What type of medical treatment is this? It doesn't make any sense at all based on his medical conditions. 

from the narration of the news, my impression is:-

A Veterinary Doctor would be better than this Doctor.  Now i understand why Thailand is thriving on Insurance.

This seems to remember me of the 2nd World War concept!

Does any Question the Doctors or draw a Case against them? 

Cannot Afford expensive medicines hence stuffed gauze pieces into the mouth suffocate to die !.

this look like a horror movie !

34 minutes ago, kalyan said:

Cannot Afford expensive medicines hence stuffed gauze pieces into the mouth suffocate to die !.

this look like a horror movie !

I had a molar removed a few days back, and was given some gauze to bite down on until the bleeding stopped - this was in the UK, so it sounds like it could be normal practice. But that was one tooth, not twelve, and with a local anesthetic.

Easy to criticize if one does not understand the medical conditions involved.  Patient had liver disease. He was already in poor health and had a mouth filled with rotten teeth. Liver disease impairs the body's ability to clot blood. It's like being on supercharged blood thinner. Rotten teeth are closely associated with  heart disease and heart attack. The infection can inflame and damage an artery inducing a deadly blood clot.  Physicians probably could not  administer drug to encourage clotting because of cardiac risk factors.

Because this was probably a welfare case, junior physicians would be assigned. It takes an experienced oral surgeon and hematologist to determine best way to control bleeding in a patient like this. I doubt the hospital had the expertise on hand. In a case like this, patient was most likely not co-operative either and would have demanded quickest and cheapest treatment.

Sorry to say, but a patient has to take responsibility for the  condition of ones teeth. To arrive at a point where one's teeth are of  Shane MacGowan quality, then that's one's own doing. 

• Like 1

Mr Ramanathan.P it is quite easy to explain

if you have a bulk of wrotten teeth in your mouth they start developing intoxication  into your bloodstream and the liver tries to sort it out but when the poisonlevel gets to high the liver has no chance espescially with kids or elederly people

and than you start getting liver problems

One day I went to a thai private hospital (I don't want to name it) with a slightly broken tooth. The dentist was the least interested in the broken tooth, but insisted on fillings in 4 other teeth! I resigned from the service. After returning to my country, I went to a dentist, who repaired the broken tooth in 15 minutes, and stated that all the teeth were in good condition and did not require any fillings! 

2 hours ago, stapoz said:

One day I went to a thai private hospital (I don't want to name it) with a slightly broken tooth. The dentist was the least interested in the broken tooth, but insisted on fillings in 4 other teeth! I resigned from the service. After returning to my country, I went to a dentist, who repaired the broken tooth in 15 minutes, and stated that all the teeth were in good condition and did not require any fillings! 

Thai dentists can be scammers

My wife got braces and she had them on for years

I kept questioning her why she would have her braces on for 4+ years but of course she wouldn't question the dentist

She went to a Dentist here in Canada and they told her the braces had been on way too long and actually now making her teeth weak

We had to demand they take the braces off 

Which they pushed back on us because they were losing any further money 

Scammers 

On 5/28/2023 at 1:17 AM, Vigo said:

Easy to criticize if one does not understand the medical conditions involved.  Patient had liver disease. He was already in poor health and had a mouth filled with rotten teeth. Liver disease impairs the body's ability to clot blood. It's like being on supercharged blood thinner. Rotten teeth are closely associated with  heart disease and heart attack. The infection can inflame and damage an artery inducing a deadly blood clot.  Physicians probably could not  administer drug to encourage clotting because of cardiac risk factors.

Because this was probably a welfare case, junior physicians would be assigned. It takes an experienced oral surgeon and hematologist to determine best way to control bleeding in a patient like this. I doubt the hospital had the expertise on hand. In a case like this, patient was most likely not co-operative either and would have demanded quickest and cheapest treatment.

Sorry to say, but a patient has to take responsibility for the  condition of ones teeth. To arrive at a point where one's teeth are of  Shane MacGowan quality, then that's one's own doing. 

Nice explanation post. I'll bite!

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Thai dentists can be scammers

My wife got braces and she had them on for years

I kept questioning her why she would have her braces on for 4+ years but of course she wouldn't question the dentist

She went to a Dentist here in Canada and they told her the braces had been on way too long and actually now making her teeth weak

We had to demand they take the braces off 

Which they pushed back on us because they were losing any further money 

Scammers 

Yeah, just like hospitals who sell you overpriced medicine you will never use. Have to watch everyone, even the vets here as they try to milk things out.

43 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah, just like hospitals who sell you overpriced medicine you will never use. Have to watch everyone, even the vets here as they try to milk things out.

Well vets here in Canada and US are the biggest crooks

I didn't have any issues with vets in Thailand when I had my German Shepherd there 

29 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Well vets here in Canada and US are the biggest crooks

I didn't have any issues with vets in Thailand when I had my German Shepherd there 

Vets here are ok, but they tend to try to keep the visits continual. I understand it as dogs and cat pets are relatively a new thing for Thai to love, so in order to keep the vets above water some of that is needed until it totally goes more mainstream. For the USA any medical care is over the top.

6 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Vets here are ok, but they tend to try to keep the visits continual. I understand it as dogs and cat pets are relatively a new thing for Thai to love, so in order to keep the vets above water some of that is needed until it totally goes more mainstream. For the USA any medical care is over the top.

When I had my dog in Thailand in 2004-2005(well he was there without me until 2007)

Pet care was still very new

There was 2 vets in knew of on Phuket and we had 1 groomer

Now pet services are everywhere in Thailand