News Forum - MFP leader reaches out to Pheu Thai for coalition government

Thaiger

Move Forward Party (MFP) leader Pita Limjaroenrat wasted no time after the Election Commission (EC) unofficially confirmed the MFP’s victory in the General Election in Thailand. The MFP chief immediately reached out to the Pheu Thai Party and four other smaller political parties to form a coalition government. Pita believes that a six-party coalition will …

The story MFP leader reaches out to Pheu Thai for coalition government as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yep, PT first and then Anutin next. If PT or BJT do not accept then they need to concider the tremendous fallout they and this regime held country is going to face and be accountable for as it will only be their fault putting the final straw on anything that could have been a new era on the outside for a new generation. 

First I like to congratulate the Thai people More than 75% went to vote. That shows how important this election was to the Thais. My respect. 

They voted for their future, their freedom of speech etc. Short: for democracy!

I hope that the new government will invest most of its energy in education. Spend money on better schools, better teachers, make schools a place where kids feel save, happy and welcomed.

1 hour ago, Totoro said:

I hope that the new government will invest most of its energy in education. Spend money on better schools, better teachers, make schools a place where kids feel save, happy and welcomed.

I would say kids feel safe, happy and welcomed at school already

I have never seen a country where the kids love school as much as they do

We just need them to be taught better................and this guy has had an amazing education, so hopefully he does invest in edcuation

Gotta keep a few gray hairs around as idealistic young folks (also) have a tendency to trip off into the tulips with bright ideas without a measured sanity check.  Strike a sensible balance between older folks generally being resistant to change and suspicious of "new fangled modern things" like computers 'n stuff, yet they do bring knowledge, experience and perspective to the plate - not forgetting of course that old folks are people and voters too, so they need to be represented.

All good so far.  Certainly feels like a potential turning point.  Managed properly going forward, sans any drama or monkey business from the appointed members in the upper house.... an exciting time for Thailand, very interesting to watch. 

13 hours ago, Vigo said:

PT had better co-operate or else it will hand the military another excuse to  take control.

Appears they are.  Phone call from girl leader to Pita conceding defeat, congratulations, and "let's work this together" attitude.  A stiff upper cut 👊 to poor old America still suffering with its current basket of morons, who I doubt would even acknowledge the embarrassment shown to them by a "s**t hole 3rd world country".  How far they have fallen.  Shame.  Tsk Tsk Tsk.

On 5/16/2023 at 2:50 AM, TWS60 said:

Gotta keep a few gray hairs around as idealistic young folks (also) have a tendency to trip off into the tulips with bright ideas without a measured sanity check.  Strike a sensible balance between older folks generally being resistant to change and suspicious of "new fangled modern things" like computers 'n stuff, yet they do bring knowledge, experience and perspective to the plate - not forgetting of course that old folks are people and voters too, so they need to be represented.

All good so far.  Certainly feels like a potential turning point.  Managed properly going forward, sans any drama or monkey business from the appointed members in the upper house.... an exciting time for Thailand, very interesting to watch. 

There are more than enough "Gray Hairs" advising the party and sitting as MPs. The  leadership of the  party reads like a who's who of Thailand's educated. The candidates roster is chock full of quality university graduates (domestic and foreign) and with real work experience. There are many people who come from the working class who have experience as labour leaders and small business owners.  The  work experience of some of the MPs who should be  cabinet members is stellar. There won't be a learning curve for many of them.

It is very different from the  list of corrupt and unqualified  candidates/MPs that the old parties used to put forward. Thailand is in good hands with these people. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vigo said:

There are more than enough "Gray Hairs" advising the party and sitting as MPs. The  leadership of the  party reads like a who's who of Thailand's educated. The candidates roster is chock full of quality university graduates (domestic and foreign) and with real work experience. There are many people who come from the working class who have experience as labour leaders and small business owners.  The  work experience of some of the MPs who should be  cabinet members is stellar. There won't be a learning curve for many of them.

It is very different from the  list of corrupt and unqualified  candidates/MPs that the old parties used to put forward. Thailand is in good hands with these people. 

There is a lack of this type of politician in Australia unfortunately. The majority are either ex political party staffers or ex union officials. We need people who have lived in the real world, as they are making decisions that affect us all.

Well done Thailand, I hope to live there in about 5 years and I hope this new group of people can make true progress and grow this beautiful country into an even more amazing place.