News Forum - Tourism Authority of Thailand pushing for 150,000 Saudi tourists this year

Thaiger

Thailand continues to set new tourism goals. The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is now pushing for 150,000 Saudi tourists this year, according to Siripakorn Cheawsamoot, TAT’s deputy governor of Europe, Africa, the Middle East and the Americas. The improved diplomatic relations between Thailand and Saudi Arabia have had a very positive impact on Thailand’s …

The story Tourism Authority of Thailand pushing for 150,000 Saudi tourists this year as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Great news for Thailand. Was speaking to a Saudi colleague in the office earlier today, and he was saying how much he'd love to return. 

Thailand is expensive these days compared to in the past, but for hotels, food and drink it continues to offer great value for money. 

Especially compared to Saudi where hotels are overpriced for what you get, and away from the cheap curries etc restaurants are a fair bit pricier too. 

Expect a lot to come in the summer months for some rain and cooler temperatures. 😁😁🇸🇦♥️🇹🇭

Godwilling they'll make it soon. 

Edited by Faz
image removed
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Totoro said:

More quality tourists representing an inhumane state. Russians, Saudis, Chinese.

Saudis in walking street🤣.

They all spend like crazy, they're what Thailand wants. Every Nation on Earth has an inhumane streak. Don't believe the western press.

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Does Thailand never think of trying to encourage people from countries with good records on human rights?

Such as? 

51 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Such as? 

Well if you cannot differentiate between those countries with an acceptable human rights record and those that do  not come anywhere close, then there is  no point discussing the subject. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Hopefully they will not.  

Thankfully the Thai tourism authorities are with me on this one... 😁

21 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Well if you cannot differentiate between those countries with an acceptable human rights record and those that do  not come anywhere close, then there is  no point discussing the subject. 

So where do we draw the line then? 

Simple fact is that Thailand wants Saudis to visit. If you dislike that then maybe Thailand isn't the right place for you. 

I like Saudis, that's why I live in Saudi Arabia. If I didn't like them I would avoid places where they might be. 

150k this year, maybe 300k next year! 🇸🇦✈️🇹🇭🏆🏆🏆😁👍🏽

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Faz said:

Problem with Google ?

None whatsoever. I was asking for the previous poster's opinion. 

As this thread has shown we all have different ones. 

Be a boring world if we all the same. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Thankfully the Thai tourism authorities are with me on this one... 😁

It might be but the bars in Thailand are not.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

So where do we draw the line then? 

Simple fact is that Thailand wants Saudis to visit. If you dislike that then maybe Thailand isn't the right place for you. 

I like Saudis, that's why I live in Saudi Arabia. If I didn't like them I would avoid places where they might be. 

150k this year, maybe 300k next year! 🇸🇦✈️🇹🇭🏆🏆🏆😁👍🏽

So everyone should move out so Saudis can have the place to themselves?

Will you be insisting on sharia law as well?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

It might be but the bars in Thailand are not.

Hmmm. Bars turning away high spending tourists... Let me think about that! 

3 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Unfortunately. 

For you. Yes. For the benefit of the hard working people of Thailand and her tourist industry. No. 

"It might be but the bars in Thailand are not."

If they behave anything like they do when they come to London in their droves in August the bars and bar girls will be very happy. The men do nothing but drink gamble and use hookers when they come to London because in the words of one Saudi I asked about this hypocrisy "Allah lives in the Gulf" 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So everyone should move out so Saudis can have the place to themselves?

Will you be insisting on sharia law as well?

It's a free market, and the market will balance itself. 

Why would I insist on Sharia law in Thailand? 🤔🤔️ 

2 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Hmmm. Bars turning away high spending tourists... Let me think about that! 

But they are not high spending. Only a tiny fraction of Saudis have a lot of money. The rest are cheap charlies drinking coke and haggling with bargirls trying to get a ride for 500 baht.

2 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

If they behave anything like they do when they come to London in their droves in August the bars and bar girls will be very happy. The men do nothing but drink gamble and use hookers when they come to London because in the words of one Saudi I asked about this hypocrisy "Allah lives in the Gulf" 

Only the rich ones go to London. Your average Saudis cant afford a cheeseburger there.

4 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

Let them enjoy their holiday. 🍺🍺🍺

1 minute ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

It's a free market, and the market will balance itself. 

Why would I insist on Sharia law in Thailand? 🤔🤔️ 

It is a free market so dont get upset if bars refuse to serve Saudis because they are nothing but problems.

Of course at that point you will pull out the race card.

Demands for sharia law follow wherever Saudis turn up. Tell me something. How many Christian churches are there in Saudi Arabia? Or Buddhist temples? 

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

But they are not high spending. Only a tiny fraction of Saudis have a lot of money. The rest are cheap charlies drinking coke and haggling with bargirls trying to get a ride for 500 baht.

From the article:

“Saudi Arabian tourists usually enter Thailand as couples. They also stay in luxury hotels and have high spending capacity, averaging around 100,000 baht per person on their short trips. This is an opportunity for Thailand to attract more of these high-value tourists.”

Try staying out the bars. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Only the rich ones go to London. Your average Saudis cant afford a cheeseburger there.

Minimum wage for a Saudi would be around 5000 SAR a month, or around £1100. Many earn far more. Salaries are tax free, with subsidized housing and energy costs. 

Saudis have quite high disposable income.