News Forum - About 7,000 Russians and Ukrainians stranded in Thailand

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

I would sincerely hope that I would fight to change it, not skulk around  on a foreign beach, while other,  braver folk tried. 

There are many brave warriors hiding behind keyboards, most of the Russians I have seen in Phuket are part of families with young kids, I expect they come first.

54 minutes ago, JamesR said:

There are millions dying around the world each year through poverty, and wars that have been going on in places like Africa for years, we don't give a sod about them, we are only interested in the Ukraine war as it is in our backyard.

Speak for yourself. I've experienced conflict at close hand, in 1982, I certainly don't take these things lightly. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JamesR said:

There are many brave warriors hiding behind keyboards, most of the Russians I have seen in Phuket are part of families with young kids, I expect they come first.

Big deal, no excuse. They were my identified enemies in 24 years in the UK Military, I see nothing to make me change my mind about them. 

The Thai government is still looking for methods for stranded Russians to move money out of Russia to Thailand to pay for their stay.

Shit happens when you back a loser, so suck it up Pnut.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2023 at 5:42 PM, Pinetree said:

Big deal, no excuse. They were my identified enemies in 24 years in the UK Military, I see nothing to make me change my mind about them. 

Yes. Unfree nuclear- armed Russia has always been an existential threat to western civilization and all in fact humanity.  Clearly impossible to separate the people from the culture from the regime. Uncivilized Savage Aggressive Society. NATO exists to contain that clear threat of course. 

Yes. No interest in the fate of any adult non- dissident Russian passport holders who are clearly collectively responsible for Putins criminal murderous inhumane kleptocracy.  The one million wealthy Russians have stolen their blood- soaked assets from the remaining 143 million Russians living in desperate poverty and deluded fascist nationalism. They are all equally pathetic and toxic. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Yes. Unfree nuclear- armed Russia has always been an existential threat to western civilization and all in fact humanity.  Clearly impossible to separate the people from the culture from the regime. Uncivilized Savage Aggressive Society. NATO exists to contain that clear threat of course. 

Yes. No interest in the fate of any adult non- dissident Russian passport holders who are clearly collectively responsible for Putins criminal murderous inhumane kleptocracy.  The one million wealthy Russians have stolen their blood- soaked assets from the remaining 143 million Russians living in desperate poverty and deluded fascist nationalism. They are all equally pathetic and toxic. 

More like 18m actually.

https://databankfiles.worldbank.org/public/ddpext_download/poverty/33EF03BB-9722-4AE2-ABC7-AA2972D68AFE/Global_POVEQ_RUS.pdf

• 1 year later...
On 3/29/2023 at 2:30 PM, Smc2 said:

I was hassled in November on my last visit to Patong. I never get in hassles and keep to myself but because I was American, these 5 Russians thought it was all right to be rude and threatening to me and the Thai restraurant owner who I consider to be a friend . Been coming to Thailand for 30 years and this was the first. It was a sad interaction for me. I hope it gets better and not worst for the wonderful people of Thailand. 

Sad to read this story. Russian bastards are known to be no class. Thailand used to be known as "The Land of Smiles" How unfortunate...I thought LOS would be a nice place to retire ☹️

I guess I'll just wait for WW3 to start so I can die in my own country. I used Thailand would be the ideal place to retire in 5 years. From what I've been reading here It sounds like Chinese n Russians are ruining the quality of life in the land of smiles and the rest of the world. How sad 😥