News Forum - Looking for a luxurious gateway? Here’s the best 5-star hotels in Thailand

Thaiger

Thailand offers a world of exotic beauty, from its pristine beaches to its lush jungles and towering limestone cliffs. And what better way to experience all of this than by staying in one of the country’s luxurious 5-star hotels? Today, we’re going to share some of the most exquisite hotels and resorts around the country …

The story Looking for a luxurious gateway? Here’s the best 5-star hotels in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Not sure I’d champion the Phulay Bay Ritz Carlton Krabi as somewhere to aim for. The area is scenic enough but I’ve always felt they bulldozed the place to the ground and then tried to recreate the beauty they’d just destroyed rather than simply fit in with nature. It’s like a concrete walled jungle in there. 

The nearby Banyan Tree resort has a foyer area that has to be seen. The Glass-fibre rocks blend seamlessly with the surrounding islands and the water feature is pretty cool.

For me though the Nakamanda resort just down the road in Klong Muang takes some beating. It captures the essence of Krabi province in a warm and friendly way. The rooms are generous without being ostentatious or trying too hard, breakfast overlooking Phang Nga Bay and the little cove is a highlight and for what it is it’s refreshingly affordable. 

In reality Thailand has many excellent places to stay and indulge your senses.

Edited by Henry

2 hours ago, Henry said:

Not sure I’d champion the Phulay Bay Ritz Carlton Krabi as somewhere to aim for. The area is scenic enough but I’ve always felt they bulldozed the place to the ground and then tried to recreate the beauty they’d just destroyed rather than simply fit in with nature. It’s like a concrete walled jungle in there. 

The nearby Banyan Tree resort has a foyer area that has to be seen. The Glass-fibre rocks blend seamlessly with the surrounding islands and the water feature is pretty cool.

For me though the Nakamanda resort just down the road in Klong Muang takes some beating. It captures the essence of Krabi province in a warm and friendly way. The rooms are generous without being ostentatious or trying too hard, breakfast overlooking Phang Nga Bay and the little cove is a highlight and for what it is it’s refreshingly affordable. 

In reality Thailand has many excellent places to stay and indulge your senses.

I just got back from Krabi and I forget how much I love it once I go back

I just took one of the best rides of my life from Ao Nang to Tha Lane Bay

Breathtaking on a great, easy road

Some excellent kayaking in the mangroves at Tha Lane Bay and a lovely cafe a little bit before you get there. Park in the car park and a pick up truck takes you up to the cafe from where you enjoy an incredible view, its called Khaothong Hill.

There are also a load of monkeys on the road half a mile or so down the road from the cafe. They’re a bit rude though - not hard to see how they keep increasing in numbers….. !

3 minutes ago, Henry said:

Some excellent kayaking in the mangroves at Tha Lane Bay and a lovely cafe a little bit before you get there. Park in the car park and a pick up truck takes you up to the cafe from where you enjoy an incredible view, its called Khaothong Hill.

There are also a load of monkeys on the road half a mile or so down the road from the cafe. They’re a bit rude though - not hard to see how they keep increasing in numbers….. !

I went to Khaotong Hill, it was very nice

And I am now actually thinking of staying over in that are for 5 days or so next time

Get a nice villa with that view and just chill for 4-5 days