News Forum - Expensive flights to Thailand too hot for Chinese mainland mainstream

Thaiger

Expensive flights to Thailand from bigger cities in China are delaying Thailand’s tourism recovery. Most tariffs are still one and a half times more than pre-pandemic prices, while for smaller cities, fares are more than double previous levels According to the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) governor Yuthasak Supasorn, while most tickets are cheaper than …

The story Expensive flights to Thailand too hot for Chinese mainland mainstream as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

the more expensive travel costs prompted them to consider longer stays.

Nope, "China" prompted them to consider longer stays.

3 hours ago, Skip said:

Now if they would double the airfare from Russia

I have zero problems with Russians

I am in Kamala now and it's filled with them and they are polite and mostly keep to themselves 

I'd take them over the older lower class Euros that seemed to have flocked here now 

• Like 4

Well, this will be the much advocated new "normal". Air fares will never return to pre-covid levels. And that really is not such a bad thing. Air travel is a very impacting environmental form of transport and had reached insane numbers. I still remember Freddie Laker week end trips to New York. At the time nobody really questioned the wisdom of these initiatives. People have become accustomed to taking a plane like catching a bus or a train, and on certain routes traveling 2000 Km by plane is cheaper then catching the taxi driving the last 10 Km to the final destination. Anyway, if Thailand wants to attract people then there are alternatives like fe trying to make life easier for long term travelers or would be residents. Something they are certainly not doing at present.

5 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I have zero problems with Russians

I am in Kamala now and it's filled with them and they are polite and mostly keep to themselves 

I'd take them over the older lower class Euros that seemed to have flocked here now 

I agree.

I live in Kathu, 95% of the people living in this gated housing community are Thai but I do come across many Russians when I go to Makro, Central shopping which is just two miles away from here, they all seem polite, clean, and seem to be as couples or family groups.

No yobs covered head to toe in tatts.

I haven't seen any 55 year-year-old Russian men walking hand in hand with a 25-year-old bar girl yet, as was the case in the old days with the Western farangs.

I suppose previously the mealy-mouthed farangs who because they live here on their year-to-year permits and think they own the place moaned at the Chinese in the past, but now moan at the Russians instead. 

I would like to see the requirement of 800k/400k deposit in a bank account here by farangs in order to extend their permit to stay be increased to 2 million baht, which might thin a few of the numbers of moaners out. 😃

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Donald said:

Well, this will be the much advocated new "normal". Air fares will never return to pre-covid levels. And that really is not such a bad thing. Air travel is a very impacting environmental form of transport and had reached insane numbers. I still remember Freddie Laker week end trips to New York. At the time nobody really questioned the wisdom of these initiatives. People have become accustomed to taking a plane like catching a bus or a train, and on certain routes traveling 2000 Km by plane is cheaper then catching the taxi driving the last 10 Km to the final destination. Anyway, if Thailand wants to attract people then there are alternatives like fe trying to make life easier for long term travelers or would be residents. Something they are certainly not doing at present.

"Anyway, if Thailand wants to attract people then there are alternatives like fe trying to make life easier for long term travelers or would be residents. Something they are certainly not doing at present."

Thailand and the rest of the world are not interested in long-term farangs spending a few baht a month, they are more interested in the 40 million (pre coving) short-term tourists spending 5000 baht a day.

Farangs who 'live' here have to get down off their high (wooden) horse and realise they are just visitors here as I do. 

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

I suppose previously the mealy-mouthed farangs who because they live here on their year-to-year permits and think they own the place moaned at the Chinese in the past, but now moan at the Russians instead. 

I resent that comment! I have never complained about Russians in CM!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

their permit to stay be increased to 2 million baht, which might thin a few of the numbers of moaners out. 😃

You are so full of it sometimes.

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I resent that comment! I have never complained about Russians in CM!

Then the comment does not apply to you? 

47 minutes ago, palooka said:

too much sauce tonight???

Not yet, it is a bit too early. But that will be the case later.🍺

• Like 1