News Forum - Hundreds of cops dispatched on Pattaya’s Walking Street to reassure tourists

Thaiger

Hundreds of cops were dispatched on Pattaya’s Walking Street on Friday night to reassure tourists of their safety.  The deputy commander of Provincial Police Region 2, Pattaya police chief Pol. Col. Thanapong Photi, and Deputy Mayor Wutisak Rermkitkarn dispatched 234 officers on the street. The officers walked through the street letting bar and club owners …

The story Hundreds of cops dispatched on Pattaya’s Walking Street to reassure tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sorry, but am I reading this right? Hundreds of Thai police have been sent out to make tourists feel safe?  I never feel less safe than when that lot are about. Keep them in the police station and I’ll take my chances with the robbers, murderers and all other types of criminals. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Sorry, but am I reading this right? Hundreds of Thai police have been sent out to make tourists feel safe?

Exactly......Great advert for Thailand!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Sorry, but am I reading this right? Hundreds of Thai police have been sent out to make tourists feel safe?  I never feel less safe than when that lot are about. Keep them in the police station and I’ll take my chances with the robbers, murderers and all other types of criminals. 

They were only checking on their income streams, no worries. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I do not really understand why they stress the "used condoms" several time as if it was something bad.

If all of them provided sex services WITHOUT condoms - THAT would be bad for sure.

We do not want HIV, hepatitis or any other STD to circulate even more than they already do.