News Forum - AoT increasing airport services to meet tourist needs

Thaiger

Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok’s main international gateway, has plans to increase services to deal with the influx of arriving passengers. Thailand saw a swift surge in travellers after China’s recent decision to reopen its borders. The Airports of Thailand (AoT) announced on Friday that the measures will help tackle delays in passenger servicing time, particularly …

The story AoT increasing airport services to meet tourist needs as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I landed in BKK at 6am

Decent amount of flights arriving at that time or 30mins before

Took about 20mins to get through Passport control 

I will say that it seems the Indians have a bit of a hard time

More so than the European travelers 

I don't know if they get more scrutiny or they have to have documents checked but I didn't see one go through without being questioned or having to show documents

21 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I landed in BKK at 6am

Decent amount of flights arriving at that time or 30mins before

Took about 20mins to get through Passport control 

I will say that it seems the Indians have a bit of a hard time

More so than the European travelers 

I don't know if they get more scrutiny or they have to have documents checked but I didn't see one go through without being questioned or having to show documents

Always been like that with South Asian visitors - I try to avoid queues that have any number of them. I arrived mid-January on a flight that landed around 8am, the queues were almost non-existant. Leaving for a side trip to Cambodia a few days ago, departing late afternoon, the waiting time at passport control was probably no more than 15 minutes.

One amusing thing was that they appeared to have "fast track" lane exclusively for Chinese tour groups, being opened and closed on demand, and with other people being prevented from joining the queue by an immigration officer. Another VIP service that can be purchased on Tao Bao? 

It’s not like they had two years of low traffic to implement congestion solutions.  

Also I’m not sure how automatic gates will help any of this in bound. That’s only going to help Thai passport holders.

They don’t staff enough immigration and whenever I see a claimed average time it’s so unrealistic of how many people they process per hour. 

18 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

Always been like that with South Asian visitors - I try to avoid queues that have any number of them. I arrived mid-January on a flight that landed around 8am, the queues were almost non-existant. Leaving for a side trip to Cambodia a few days ago, departing late afternoon, the waiting time at passport control was probably no more than 15 minutes.

One amusing thing was that they appeared to have "fast track" lane exclusively for Chinese tour groups, being opened and closed on demand, and with other people being prevented from joining the queue by an immigration officer. Another VIP service that can be purchased on Tao Bao? 

Actually it looks like the VIP service can be purchased all over now

Klook, etc

I used it in the past but would have to book it on the companies site

Now I see it offered everywhere 

Hence why I decided not to do it

Before it seemed a bit exclusive and very fast

I figured it wouldn't be now....

Just now, JJJ said:

It’s not like they had two years of low traffic to implement congestion solutions.  

Also I’m not sure how automatic gates will help any of this in bound. That’s only going to help Thai passport holders.

They don’t staff enough immigration and whenever I see a claimed average time it’s so unrealistic of how many people they process per hour. 

I've been coming for close to 20 years and landed at every imaginable time and never waited more than 20mins ever

So I have no complaints