News Forum - Smuggled cigarettes hazardous to health – Thai Tobacco Trade Association

Thaiger

Thailand is choking under a cloud of illegal, untaxed smoke from smuggled cigarettes, according to the tobacco industry. Thai Tobacco Trade Association (TTTA) director Thanyasarun Sangthong is worried about the health of the nation’s children. Only genuine cigarettes can keep them safe, she says. Double trouble Sales of smuggled cigarettes have increased online due to …

The story Smuggled cigarettes hazardous to health – Thai Tobacco Trade Association as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

53 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thai Tobacco Trade Association (TTTA) director Thanyasarun Sangthong is worried about the health of the nation’s children. Only genuine cigarettes can keep them safe, she says.

🤣🤣🤣

Sorry,  I can't think of a better response to hypocrisy on that scale.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

“Smuggled cigarettes hazardous to health – Thai Tobacco Trade Association”

- I also think they might be “hazardous” to tax revenues and executive bonuses, too. 🙃

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I can fix the title:

"Smuggled cigarettes hazardous to budget of Thai Tobacco Trade Association"

Edited by Faz
Resized font.
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, KSS said:

Why are you ( Thaiger ) exhibiting a photograph of a child with a Cigarette in its mouth?

Shock/horror effect? Nothing really to do with the story.

• Like 1

Besides her ridiculous arguments, it seems like there’s no meaningful proposal. I guess she just wants people to stop buying black market cigs? How about the more obvious culprit—bribed officials. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

Shock/horror effect? Nothing really to do with the story.

Well I’ll defend Thaiger in this case. They point out how the industry spokesperson claims that black market cigarettes are harmful to kids and the author sarcastically notes that only taxes paid cigarettes can protect the children

• Like 1

Just on general purpose, I'd agree that knock-off cigarettes are, or could be, (more) harmful to human health than those produced IAW industry QA/QC standards.  This is a potential hazard across the counterfeit spectrum, like the fake Johnny Walker Black Label coming out of filthy garages down in BKK several years ago, for example.   

The cheeky photo, however, feels like the usual in-your-face clickbait meant to elicit an emotional response from the easily manipulated, and shut down criticism and discussion.   If you don't automatically and fully support any effort with the "Save the Children" banner on it, you're a bad person. 

• Like 1

Interesting . Years ago doctors where recommending certain brands of cigarettes as being healthier then others. Seems that Thailand is somehow locked in the timeloop.

camels_doctors_whiteshirt.jpg

• Haha 1

It may be a revelation to some of these idiots.

It's been known for a very, very long time now, that cigarettes are bad for your health regardless where they come from......I'm mortified by their stupidity 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1