News Forum - Thai Meteorological department issues weather warning after Bangkok rain

Thaiger

The Thai meteorological Department has issued a weather warning after moderate to heavy rain hit 15 districts of Bangkok today. The unexpected downpour caused flooding in several areas, with the highest rainfall of 62.5 millimetres recorded in Lat Krabang, according to the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration’s (BMA) Flood Control Centre. The 15 districts affected by the …

The story Thai Meteorological department issues weather warning after Bangkok rain as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The unexpected downpour caused flooding in several areas

Why was it unexpected? Did the Metrological department fail to give advanced warning? Are they now issuing a warning after the horse has bolted! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Why was it unexpected? Did the Metrological department fail to give advanced warning? Are they now issuing a warning after the horse has bolted! 

I have the BBC weather app on my phone, and this was forecast several days ago.  So yes, exactly what does Thailand's meteorology department think it is supposed to do? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

I have the BBC weather app on my phone, and this was forecast several days ago.  So yes, exactly what does Thailand's meteorology department think it is supposed to do? 

The BBC weather app is what the Thai metrological department use. Maybe playing on Facebook and missed it 😉 

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

The BBC weather app is what the Thai metrological department use.

No they just look out the window …. Because they didn’t have any Thais cleaning the windows as only they can do that job, they couldn’t see the coming rain. Now rain has cleaned the windows the TMD will see the next lot of rain coming.

• Haha 1