News Forum - Gay-friendly Japanese sauna warns Thai tourists to watch their manners

Thaiger

A gay-friendly Japanese sauna displayed a sign in Thai to remind Thai tourists to exhibit proper etiquette while using the facility. The warning sign’s unique feature of a cartoon penis watermark accompanied by a silent hand gesture attracted significant attention and quickly went viral on social media. A Facebook account named Sa-nguan Khumrungroj posted a picture …

The story Gay-friendly Japanese sauna warns Thai tourists to watch their manners as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Some Thai people are really bad. I recently visited Vientiane in Laos and heard a group of Thai tourists complaining, ‘Laos is very uncivilised’ 

Had to laugh at this - Laos may not have Thailand's pretensions to being a second world country,  but it has retained much of the character that Thailand has lost in the last 30 years, it is much more civilized.

• Like 2

Some hidden real character of humans are only reviled when they travel to another country for vacations.....similar to many foreigners coming to Thailand and exhibiting their real character on the streets. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grumpish said:

Had to laugh at this - Laos may not have Thailand's pretensions to being a second world country,  but it has retained much of the character that Thailand has lost in the last 30 years, it is much more civilized.

If you start at Singapore and work your way north, the further you go, the less "civilized" it becomes.

I have Thai friends here in America that are some of the coolest friends I have. There very direct, they stay within there culture (proudly) and mind there own business. Now with that said I’m in Dallas, not the same as one of the larger Thai communities like in Los Angeles. Not all Thais or other people act the same. Demographics play a huge role, where what’s acceptable in one city might not be in another. Could be the same in this case. A few bad encounters could make it seem that all Thais are the same. When I’m in Thailand I keep an open mind about all people. Being in the tourist area Thais are generally nice to me. In the rural and coastal areas the Thais are generally nice to me. One thing is for sure their etiquette and bathrooms are totally different. Same as the Japanese, I’ve been to places in Thailand where I was not allowed to eat or be in because it serviced only Japanese. But outside these areas every encounter I had with Japanese people was generally inviting and good. 
Thank you

Marvin