News Forum - Unhinged woman throws acid in court resulting in 3 injuries

Thaiger

An unhinged woman attacked a veterinarian with acid in court yesterday after blaming her for the death of her pet dog. The attack resulted in injuries to the vet and two other court officials. A disagreement between a pet dog owner and a veterinarian led to a horrific acid attack yesterday at the Chaiyaphum Provincial …

The story Unhinged woman throws acid in court resulting in 3 injuries as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I love the choice of words “Unhinged”. In another article, it was a man with Mental Health problems. What next? “Nut Job” or  “Headcase”?  Maybe even “Crackpot”?  Village Idiot has always been a favourite  of mine 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

I love the choice of words “Unhinged”. In another article, it was a man with Mental Health problems. What next? “Nut Job” or  “Headcase”?  Maybe even “Crackpot”?  Village Idiot has always been a favourite  of mine 😂

"Bah bah bee bore" is another local expression that works in description of the mental misalignment. Doesn't seem to be used much, does get a reaction of understanding from Thais though.

Frightening and very concerning to think the Thais are starting to attach themselves to acid attacks.

Common in India, but Thailand doesn't need this reaction to become prevalent.

They have enough of their own nasties, castration, penis removal (feeding to the dogs) etc etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Common in India, but Thailand doesn't need this reaction to become prevalent.

It is a truly despicable crime. It’s like being assaulted every single day if it leaves visible scaring. I’m unsure of the punishment for this crime. I’m assuming the charge is actual bodily harm or aggravated assault. It needs a special law  with a massive penalty in the hope of at least deterring it. It’s often the choice for crimes of passion or loss of face. Dreadful 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

It’s often the choice for crimes of passion or loss of face.

Irony:

13 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The attack resulted in significant injuries to Kanchana, including wounds to her face

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Irony:

I’m not that cruel. An unfortunate coincidence of what takes place. These medieval cultures that talk about pride, loss of face, shaming etc ,  it’s just out and out 12000 century BS 

• Like 1

The outbursts happen because of the traditional Thai lack of skill and experience dealing with natural human "confrontations"... they have never learned how to express themselves in a healthy manner... a smile and a wei is not always healthy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skip said:

The outbursts happen because of the traditional Thai lack of skill and experience dealing with natural human "confrontations"... they have never learned how to express themselves in a healthy manner... a smile and a wei is not always healthy

Right, but it's so childish and makes the person doing it so much more unhinged. Simply raising your voice would be much more cultured in comparison.

Edited by Highlandman
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Skip said:

The ruling Thai elite have finely crafted a way to run the subservient masses. They use words like Culture and Thainess to teach them not to express opinions. Not to display anger and to keep quiet and not interfere. This allows them to maintain control and maintain their lofty positions unchallenged. This attitude from the top translates all the way to the lower levels of society until the pressure gets too much. People then act in violent and explosive ways. 

• Like 3

On 2/10/2023 at 5:17 PM, Soidog said:

I will have you know I am not the only idiot in this village.

• Haha 2

On 2/10/2023 at 5:17 PM, Soidog said:

If she is an 'unhinged woman' (although, goodness only knows what a woman is nowadays) , what does a 'hinged' one look like? Does that mean that she swings open easily and without a squeak? 

Confused of Sattahip

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pinetree said:

If she is an 'unhinged woman' (although, goodness only knows what a woman is nowadays) , what does a 'hinged' one look like? Does that mean that she swings open easily and without a squeak? 

Confused of Sattahip

One who has been lubricated. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Yes, they all need a touch of that occasionally;

hinges I mean. 

WD 40 mate.

Works wonders. Even on things that have not moved in years. A quick squirt of that and its ready to open.