News Forum - Thai police admit extorting money from Taiwanese actress

Thaiger

The compulsive melodrama continues between a Taiwanese actress and the “bastard police” who allegedly extorted 27,000 baht. In the latest episode of the compelling drama, it turns out the Royal Thai Police (RTP), are lying bastards. Late last week the RTP denied extorting money from An Yu-Qing ( 安于晴), also known as Charlene An, but …

The story Thai police admit extorting money from Taiwanese actress as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So a team of RTP is going to Taipei to investigate the "false claim" by the actress. I hope they are ready to be hung out to dry by the authorities and the media! This is yet another instance of corruption even though the men at the very top went all out to claim police innocence and to blacken the reputation of the young lady. We will never see an end to these ludicrous exposés of RTP corruption and incompetence until the whole force is replaced by new, trained and psychologically suitable people. This corruption is so endemic that nothing less will work, and of course no one expects anything to happen because the mountain is too high to climb and the talent pool of honest cops is too shallow.

• Like 5

this is not going affect anyway the tourist entry into thailand, however people will be more cautious. It is sad that the law enforcers are law breakers.

• Like 1

She needs to have solid evidence (and appears she does) to file a defamation suit against them as this was a conspiracy to demean and destroy her reputation of her good standing, and on the bummer side these sort of things take years upon years to reach finality. Maybe they will give her a free Elite visa and convince her to become a representative to turn it back from the of the Land of roaqd check Scams to the Land of Smiles. 

Huai Khwang and the notorious always talked about Thong Lor splitting up the long street the street. The expressway must be the dividing cut of for each.

This is pathetic watching the RTP desperately find a way to save face. The string of events here are simple. The so called Police have been caught out and so tried to spin the story. Now they are attempting to say it was a few rouge police who they will prosecute. They are now embarking on this charade of “forensic” investigation and trying to make themselves look all international and high standards. This will backfire and the loss of face will get even worse. Stop digging the hole when you are in one and grow up! 

They have said that the helmet-cam footage has been erased and that they intend to look at this “forensically” to see if it was manually erased or time expired erased. What total bollocks! You don’t need “forensic” science to determine that. 

They think that by having a serious investigation, by using words like “Forensics” and by insisting the officers involved will be punished, that it somehow exonerate this excuse for a police force. Resolving this should be a routine matter. Look at the pictures. See what’s taking place. Dismiss the police involved including removing any pension rights. Apologise to the tourist and return her money. That is how you keep face. Utterly Pathetic! 

• Like 7

I don't think the TRP will be able to wriggle their way out of this one. The story is capturing headlines all over. When I dared to mention in a post some time ago the level of endemic corruption in Thailand I got basically burned at the proverbial stake by the Thai apologists here. These are not just a few rogue police officers. Corruption is rampant in Thailand on all levels. Kids get stopped on their bikes to check for drug abuse and are found most of the time "guilty" of having used some substance. Of course the family will get the offer to pay the corresponding fine to keep them out of jail. My wife and her sister have first hand experience with this practice. Also if you live abroad and need the assistence of the Thai diplomatic missions you can expect having to pay extras for services  in a disguised form. For example if you need documents sending or receiving only specific couriers can be used at premium rates. Like I said, corruption is ingrained in the system.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

Dismiss the police involved including removing any pension rights. Apologise to the tourist and return her money. That is how you keep face. Utterly Pathetic! 

Problem is it is rampant from bottom to the top. Wouldn’t be anyone left in uniform. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Problem is it is rampant from bottom to the top. Wouldn’t be anyone left in uniform. 

Exactly. That’s why noting ever changes. It will require an exceptional individual to lead Thailand out of the intractable mess it’s in. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

Exactly. That’s why noting ever changes. It will require an exceptional individual to lead Thailand out of the intractable mess it’s in. 

It's not that all of their practices are in essence bad, but extortion for how there are 2 particular stations like Huai Khwang and Thong Lor on the same long street in different areas splitting territory allegedly, and I say allegedly, having corrupt questionable practices as have been mentioned with even testing their urine at check points or even on the actual walk ways is far below anu level of acceptable. Now for me I am ok with a few hundred baht on the side of the road to the traffic violation stop check points, although I am fully above board and licensed. So if you get caught with something off while driving and riding then why should one complain to scratch a palm when is requested and be on your merry way. detainoinjg you and searching you with out a probably cause is just a no no. It is just the real truly underhanded sketchy black stuff like this article is about is what no one if ok with. Seems totaly corrupt and fully criminal if these allegations ever turn out to be true. Will be interesting to see how this plays out and resolved. any changes are good for the foreingers and tourists. No one deserves to be shaken down and scared byt the ones who are supposed to be protecting you.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Soidog said:

Dismiss the police involved

No. That is not how things happen Soidog, and you know too well. The officers will be transferred to the largest department of the Thai Police. The Inactive Department. Just go there to eat your lunch waiting for the Thai public to forget their crimes ever took place. Then they will be transferred back to a well paying Department.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

Rampant in all aspects of society in Thailand

We collected around 75k baht in donations for my wife's old elementary school

With me matching the donations we will have around 125k baht

Plus backpacks for every kid at the school

But my wife will not give 1 baht of cash to the school because she fears it will get stolen

One of the big things we are doing is buying them all uniforms 

And my wife has set it up with a local school uniform store to pay them directly and they will provide the kids vouchers

It's all pretty sad she won't even trust the school and administrators 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

No. That is not how things happen Soidog, and you know too well. The officers will be transferred to the largest department of the Thai Police. The Inactive Department. Just go there to eat your lunch waiting for the Thai public to forget their crimes ever took place. Then they will be transferred back to a well paying Department.

Yes I agree that’s what will happen. It’s not what should happen though. 

39 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

But my wife will not give 1 baht of cash to the school because she fears it will get stolen

And my wife has set it up with a local school uniform store to pay them directly and they will provide the kids vouchers

It feels particularly bad when you see schools behaving in this way.

My friends wife operated a shop in a school a few years back in Rayong. She sold the usual snacks and drinks. After a year she realised the school had allowed three other shops to open selling the same types of products. The result was it had become impossible to make any worthwhile money. Having bought the business for 200,000 baht, she attempted to sell it for the same price. Several people showed interest but pulled out of the deal. She then found out the head of the school was insisting he also received 200,000 from the buyer or he would remove the ability to sell products. When she approached him he told her if she wanted to sell then she would have to pay him 200,000. In the end she paid him 100,000 and moved on with her life. My friend was wanting to plaster this story all over social media and have the guy struck off. No way his wife would allow this for fear of what may happen to her. 

These people are running schools. Places to educate young minds. It is truly hard to fathom for most westerners 😳 

51 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Ahh the schools and their at the top person's or people practices. Know how that works, everyone does in CM. Won't go into it further but well known and and can be at their mercy if you don't play the game. we never did because my kids di everything on their own merits, but some have to.

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

I nominate you and your wife for a statue to be erected at the front of the school

• Haha 1

I nominate you and your wife for a statue to be erected at the front of the school

My wife has wanted to do this as far back as when we 1st met

Simply because she remembers when people came and did it for her when she was in school

It will be fun to do it in a few weeks

Ahh the schools and their at the top person's or people practices. Know how that works, everyone does in CM. Won't go into it further but well known and and can be at their mercy if you don't play the game. we never did because my kids di everything on their own merits, but some have to.

Yeah some of the crap we've dealt with at Thamassat is astounding 

One was the teachers refused to sell them the books for class and then charge each student for printouts 

It was costing the students 1000's of baht

That one a bunch of the parents finally got together and put a stop to it

Despicable 

You'd all think the RTP will eventually disclose. No, they didn't. It's from the PM and government who'd have known about the corruption. Imagine the police being investigated by the Thai Junta. 

1 hour ago, Dom4Thai said:

You'd all think the RTP will eventually disclose. No, they didn't. It's from the PM and government who'd have known about the corruption. Imagine the police being investigated by the Thai Junta. 

Didn't Prayut make a big thing about how he was going to reform the RTP a few years ago? Then it suddenly went quiet and no more was heard.

2 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Didn't Prayut make a big thing about how he was going to reform the RTP a few years ago? Then it suddenly went quiet and no more was heard.

Prayut did. However, when nothing happens it's "business as usual"! Now, the cat's out of the bag, what do you do? So, this is his version saying, "Make me invincible, again"! 

What a place Thailand is. It’s non stop isn’t it. A totally corrupt mess of a country. Here’s the latest piece of scum who abuses his position. Don’t anyone try to defend this derelict corrupt sh*thole. We all know what it is and we all know it will never change.

The picture is of the Chief of the national parks.  You know, the ones who charge Foreigners more than Thais, but never mind, Thais pay tax, being investigated for his vile, selfish corrupt ways. Madness

Source BKK Post  

E928640B-6904-4EDC-AF29-9AF546F4BA38.jpeg

• Like 1

It's ASEAN. Corruption is endemic. Only Singapore and perhaps Brunei are transparent. I was a victim of it lately and lost my Bourban bought at KLIA2. I travelled on a late AirAsia flight and arrived DM International around 7:30ish. I planned a later flight because I wanted to avoid the menacing Chinese tourists who have absolutely no sense of order and queues. Immediately, at the immigration counter, a middleaged immigration lady "flagged me" down and consulted her colleagues. I queried them, "why, why, why,..." I even allowed them to understand that I travelled as an ASEAN national and our ASEANAship shouldn't be questioned. She was just belligerent and asked to go to another section to be interviewed. Complying, I sat there which seemed like hours, and they sent a young man to interview me. He thought I don't understand Thai mixed with his broken English that I don't understand, and suddenly, boom!, he said the BOSS wanted me to pay a charge of 2,000 Baht. Then, I did a trick and informed that I'd have 1,000 Baht with me. Suddenly, he responded, "mai bpen rai, I'd ask my boss"!!! Oh he returned in a nifty, and said, "1,000 Baht is fine with my boss"! Then I said, "fine, however, I needed to take a photograph of the transaction." Then everything fall apart on his end, he became rather nervous and unconvinced. As I whipped out my phone to film the event, he stopped me. Then suddenly he said, "don't make this anymore difficult, I negotiate again with my boss." He returned pretty quick as well, and brought me to a counter to have my Passport chopped and signed without any issues. He even acknowledged a "khop khun khrap, courteously". I left the immigration to collect my bags at the bag carousel, and forgotten to retrieve the Jim Beam, after an unnerving episode. I kept thinking about the predicaments between the corruption harassment and my own predicament, and I concluded that corruption is a cooperation amongst a group of individuals who may have ground work done up to target certain people at a certain time. They won't do it when there's a crowd.