News Forum - Malaysian PM condemns Swedish politician burning Quran

Thaiger

55 minutes ago, Smiler said:

I believe sincerely that one of the biggest mistakes mankind ever made was to respect religion and I mean all religions. If I told everyone that Santa Claus was real or Elvis is alive and living in Bangkok you would think I was mental but because millions of people believe in similar fairytales we respect them when they are based on nothing absolutely nothing and some people are willing to die and even kill in the name of these preposterous beliefs. 

You may be surprised to learn that sans a common myth such as religion, we’d never have progressed passed being small bands of tribal warriors locked in a cycle of conflict and revenge. You may well argue that religion may have outlived its usefulness in the modern world, however it was instrumental in the creation of a civil society. 

36 minutes ago, Manu said:

Personally as an European agnostic, I agree...well to be honest, I don't even agree or disagree, I could not care less. However in Europe, countries have hate speech laws, including Sweden of course. Apart from being against the law (https://crd.org/2022/06/29/civil-rights-defenders-report-far-right-extremist-rasmus-paludan-to-police/) why would you do that knowing the consequences? What is the purpose if not indeed to incite hate? Surely everyone can understand the symbolic meaning of burning a book, the message it sends wether it is a religious book or otherwise? (anyone remembering this? https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/book-burning). If his target is (clearly) to terminate the use of Islam in Europe (how does that work??), at least use the democratic way, get elected. Reactions from the muslim world around the world are what they are supposed to be, it is not about understanding it, but simply to respect it. Irrespecting it only brings trouble and that is what this guy is all about, a very dangerous man indeed. Erdogan's reaction is also against a guy who has been doing the same for years so he is well known for it and should not be allowed to do it again. Erdogan is not only a muslim, he is a dangerous islamist, not only for in his own country where he wants to implement the charia law (luckily the vast majority are still laic) but also to spread it further in Europe. So his reaction is no surprise, but no need to burn korans to stop his plans, that is totally counter productive (well actually Paludan are against all muslims, not only dangerous islamists) - all it does if anything is to bring some from the vast majority of peaceful muslims on the side of islamists. Especially since we have hate speech laws, and burning a koran is definitely against the law, the hate speech law, in Sweden too. If we had those laws in the 1930s in Europe, perhaps it would have stopped other lovely characters like Paludan to take power. And we all know what happened next.

Well as this guy is surely a nut case whack job they should already know he hasa hatred toward muslims and they should just shrug it off. Problem is it seems way too many muslims are also over the top radical brainwashed finatics, and the ones in power use this as a paltform to gain or expand popularity in order to stay in power with the weak minded brainwashed sheep. Sounds like politics generalised.

I think anyone who is over the top crazy for any religion is brainwashed and personally I find it annoying. Do it quietly, keep it to yourself and personal and that is the best way.

Now the nut case whack job is totally radicalised cuckoo the other way which is not good either. Goes two ways. Problem is, the muslim immigrants do not fit in well with anyone else but themsleves and in reality should never have been given refugee status in huge numbers as being for the most part they indeed are becoming more and more unwelcome throughout countries that would be already known to never accept people like this. Nothing good or positive has ever become of it becasue these refugees seem to always take it too far never changes their ideals coming from their radical countries. Well, the old saying goes, it only takes a few to make them all look bad, and this is also a shame.

With the same example of a scenario as just the same, I wouldn't want a cult of satanic worshippers or any non conforming religions moving into an area not conducive for them or any of them moving next to my backyard unless they are infact low key and respect the nature of the enviroment already in place.

Yes this crack pot is trying to stir animosity and create something he might regret, as for when we used to say never wake the sleeping giant, as much as we hate to say it, muslims if band together through out the world could become a more dangerous sleeping giant to wake.

Yes, i agree, we all know not to burn the koran or step on it or spit on it or even make fun of their Mohamed in shcools, direct ot them or in cartoons. nothing good will ever become of it and it epulls the opposite way of positive and will always have a negative effect. I guess for most people it is don't talk about my mom or dad like that. Same feeling and same effect.

• Like 1