News Forum - Malaysian PM condemns Swedish politician burning Quran

Thaiger

The Prime Minister of Malaysia, Anwar Ibrahim, has issued a strong condemnation of the recent act of Islamophobia committed by a Swedish-Danish politician who burned a copy of the Quran. Prime Minister Ibrahim released a statement criticising the burning of Islam’s holy book in Stockholm, Sweden by far-right politician Rasmus Paludan. “Malaysia urges the Swedish …

The story Malaysian PM condemns Swedish politician burning Quran as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Respect is a two way street, and this kind of provocation will continue until the Islamic world shows a little more fortitude in condemning it's own extremists and drags itself into the current world by recognising faith as a personal thing rather than something to be forced into people by virtue of a set of outdated and archaic laws. 

• Like 6

Go ahead and burn the bible if you want, and on that note no one should ever apologize for the burning of that book as is only worth the paper it is written on to anyone but them. Problem is Sweden apparently has ongoing problems with Muslims and they are not liked even in the least. Most all majority are transplant immigrants, and basically the Swedes are tired and sick of them in their country and you really cannot blame them at all. Not is not just sweden but an already big growing anti them attitude in many countries over in that sector because too many immigrants that do not assimilate well or at all with how they should with their hosts. Doesn't make all of them bad, but this sort of sentiment does not just come around overnight. For me as far as i care, go ahead and burn any countries flag or religious book. Doesn't bother me one bit as long as there is no violence attached to it.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Go ahead and burn the bible if you want, and on that note no one should ever apologize for the burning of that book as is only worth the paper it is written on to anyone but them. Problem is Sweden apparently has ongoing problems with Muslims and they are not liked even in the least. Most all majority are transplant immigrants, and basically the Swedes are tired and sick of them in their country and you really cannot blame them at all. Not is not just sweden but an already big growing anti them attitude in many countries over in that sector because too many immigrants that do not assimilate well or at all with how they should with their hosts. Doesn't make all of them bad, but this sort of sentiment does not just come around overnight. For me as far as i care, go ahead and burn any countries flag or religious book. Doesn't bother me one bit as long as there is no violence attached to it.

Ah yes, but there is ALWAYS violence attached to it though- isn’t there. Whether it be, statehood or religion mankind has ALWAYS taken its myths very seriously.

The influx of foreigners permanently residing in many European countries has simply gone too far. What this guy has done is unnecessarily provocative, but it pales in to insignificance when you see how provocative acts the European leaders have engaged in in recent years.

The Liberal left wing agenda has destroyed the life of so many local people. If you allow the millions of people from 3rd world countries to settle permanently in your country, you should not be surprised that it heads towards a 3rd world society. Of course places like Sweden, France, Germany etc will never become 3rd world but, the actions of the leaders have introduced problems that should never have been allowed. 

There are always people who claim immigration is a good thing, or they call out white racism whenever anyone dares to speak out. It’s funny how when Asian or African nations look to stop mass immigration it’s treated as normal and common sense. When Sweden, Germany or France look to stop it, it’s regarded as insensitive and racist. Im one of those people who thinks immigration is a good thing. But not on the scale we are seeing in Europe. More than 1 in 10 people living in the U.K. today was born outside of the country.  

As a famous British Politician Enoch Powell said back in 1968:

We must be mad, literally mad, as a nation to be permitting the annual inflow of some 50,000 dependents, who are for the most part the material of the future growth of the immigrant descended population. It is like watching a nation busily engaged in heaping up its own funeral pyre.

Powell mentioned 50,000 people. Last year, the net migration in to the U.K. was a staggering 504,000. While it may be an unusually high figure for 2022 due to a number of factors such as global lockdown due to Covid and the war in Syria and Ukraine, the last few years have seen it around 300,000. Not all of course were from Muslim or 3rd world countries. That figure alone is staggering. But when you look further you see that 1.1 million people migrated to the U.K., while 560,000 left the U.K.  Of that net 504,000, 2/3rds came from outside of the EU. 

Further analysis and reports issued by Human rights groups and the liberal media stress that 95% of immigrants come with offers of work. Only 13% of the British population were born outside of the country (That’s still around 9 million). That many industries depend on migrant Labour etc etc. All of this simply misses the point. It’s not just what “economic value” people bring with them. It’s their cultural and religious differences that cause the friction. 
As I say, most Asian and African countries have no problem with keeping their countries predominantly for Asians and Africans. Europe is accused of bias, xenophobia, racism, cruelty etc when they try to do the same. Seems to me the rest of the world, apart from Europe gets their cake and gets to eat it. Strange world we live in ….

• Like 4

I am surprised Sweden would allow its political reps to stoop to this level . It's not civilized.

Maybe Turkey does not want to have a war spill over into it's own land? Sweden is far away from any potential conflicts with Ukraine and Russia. Sweden would not have to deal with nuclear fallout and huge migration of refugees. 

45 minutes ago, stanman said:

I am surprised Sweden would allow its political reps to stoop to this level . It's not civilized.

Maybe Turkey does not want to have a war spill over into it's own land? Sweden is far away from any potential conflicts with Ukraine and Russia. Sweden would not have to deal with nuclear fallout and huge migration of refugees. 

How would Sweden stop its politicians from doing what they want?  It’s a free country and he is breaking no law. 

As for Sweden being far away from any conflict with Russia then it may be closer than you think. Kaliningrad, which is essentially a Russian enclave is only 600km from Stockholm as a hypersonic missile flies. That said, I’m not sure what this has to do with Russia? 

A PM taking to burn a Quran shows his low value personality and intelligence.

No matter what the situation is, no need to take to this extreme.... what is there to prove?

It just shows his ignorance and stupidity.

Wonder how he was elected.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HiuMak said:

No matter what the situation is, no need to take to this extreme.... what is there to prove?

He’s a politician not a Prime Minister (PM).

He was still elected and I’m guessing by people who are sick of seeing their Swedish culture diluted and made to change in order to accommodate Muslim immigrants. This guy obviously stands to change that and hence people voted for him. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

He’s a politician not a Prime Minister (PM).

He was still elected and I’m guessing by people who are sick of seeing their Swedish culture diluted and made to change in order to accommodate Muslim immigrants. This guy obviously stands to change that and hence people voted for him. 

My bad on the PM 😀.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HiuMak said:

One thing this guy should not have been making it look like Sweden as he is not Swedish. He did start something outside his turf but the feeling is probably mutual.

But maybe something from a single Muslim, group of Muslims or the Muslim transplanted immigrant community directly affected, affecting or effected, effecting him, someone he knows or a Indigenous Real Swedish community or his home area he is based in. It is not as if this is an all of a sudden hot heated problem of dislike and disdain. These people also are one that draw ire and condemnation in many places they go, and these are the product of being immigrants.The numbers are alarming that have been allowed into this country, and it is only now that Sweden is reversing the allowed numbers of refugees due to now a lot of other factors down to as I read 900 refugees per year opposed to the 5000 refugees every year that were approved.

For example just say Chiang Mai, we have a fairly mid sized Muslim based community in 2 parts of the city, but these folk are seemingly most Thai and very well behaved like normal folk. No complaints, but then I don't live by their mosques hearing their speaker prayer noise which is not that loud anyway, and if I did being after the fact of them being there first, then this is my fault. So if it is not happening here, then Sweden and it's people must have some huge contempt and resentment about these refugees ever being allowed to stay in their used to be wonderful perfect country. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

One thing this guy should not have been making it look like Sweden as he is not Swedish. He did start something outside his turf but the feeling is probably mutual.

But maybe something from a single Muslim, group of Muslims or the Muslim transplanted immigrant community directly affected, affecting or effected, effecting him, someone he knows or a Indigenous Real Swedish community or his home area he is based in. It is not as if this is an all of a sudden hot heated problem of dislike and disdain. These people also are one that draw ire and condemnation in many places they go, and these are the product of being immigrants.The numbers are alarming that have been allowed into this country, and it is only now that Sweden is reversing the allowed numbers of refugees due to now a lot of other factors down to as I read 900 refugees per year opposed to the 5000 refugees every year that were approved.

For example just say Chiang Mai, we have a fairly mid sized Muslim based community in 2 parts of the city, but these folk are seemingly most Thai and very well behaved like normal folk. No complaints, but then I don't live by their mosques hearing their speaker prayer noise which is not that loud anyway, and if I did being after the fact of them being there first, then this is my fault. So if it is not happening here, then Sweden and it's people must have some huge contempt and resentment about these refugees ever being allowed to stay in their used to be wonderful perfect country. 

Anyway, it does have similarities to a group of white supremacy, and if this is the case then it is even worse than it looks and should thoroughly be condemned as a hate crime. I am trying to see it both ways, but the burning of a book or relgious book should just be ignored and not controversial. Going to look into this more as want to be on the correct side of the road.

19 hours ago, sangchai said:

Burn Bible in response.

Yes I agree. No one would have any issues with that. No worse than the hundreds of times the US and U.K. flags have been burnt by Muslims. Christians tend not to get too animated about such silliness, unless they reside in one of the many 3rd world countries populated by Muslims. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes I agree. No one would have any issues with that. No worse than the hundreds of times the US and U.K. flags have been burnt by Muslims. Christians tend not to get too animated about such silliness, unless they reside in one of the many 3rd world countries populated by Muslims. 

I wonder what would happen if they burned an effigy of a muslim man holding a koran?

Or test the waters and see the result if they burned an effigy of a muslim man not holding a koran? 

Or test the waters a little more and see the result if they burned an effigy of a muslim woman having a hijab on holding a koran?

Or next test the waters once again and see the result if they burned an effigy of a muslim woman having no hijab on with a koran in hand? And then one not having a koran to hold.

Or lastly test the waters and see the result if they burned an effigy of a little muslim boy or kid holding a koran?

Which one would get the most condemnation? In my opinion the book ranks last to simulating a human atrocity. Although when some countires burn effigies of some world leaders it sort of makes me laugh and doesn't bother me one bit.

For Jiminy Crickets, it is just a book for (blank) sakes!

Where does this idiocy stop?

• Like 2

Also been charged with stalking and pursuing underage boys on the internet. Oh, and he migrated from Denmark. So, we have a migrant with dubious character lecturing anyone who will listen on who should or shouldn’t be accepted into the country to which he migrated. All this of course would be totally lost on him.

5 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

Also been charged with stalking and pursuing underage boys on the internet. Oh, and he migrated from Denmark. So, we have a migrant with dubious character lecturing anyone who will listen on who should or shouldn’t be accepted into the country to which he migrated. All this of course would be totally lost on him.

... he is also banned in France. He managed to get in in 2020 but was quickly arrested and expelled. He was planning to burn a koran in Paris. An obsession it seems.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

If the accusations are true, then sounds like he would be perfectly at home in Afghanistan or Pakistan.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

If the accusations are true, then sounds like he would be perfectly at home in Afghanistan or Pakistan.

It is true, he was given a 5 year restraining order after stalking a guy. He also spent a month in prison in Denmark for racism and other charges (including dangerous driving) in 2020 (a busy year for him it seems) https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53185194. A lovely character.

20 minutes ago, Manu said:

It is true, he was given a 5 year restraining order after stalking a guy. He also spent a month in prison in Denmark for racism and other charges (including dangerous driving) in 2020 (a busy year for him it seems) https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53185194. A lovely character.

So the guy is a nutcase whack job. But buring of a book should just be ignored.

Yes the guy is a nutcase, but Erdogan reacting in such a way seems not much better.
A democratic country like Sweden, with an independent justice system not judging following the wishes of the government, where religion has nothing to say about the  government is not welcome in NATO (all countries with more or less the same democratic values), because one member, who deviated from such a democratic course objects.

16 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

So the guy is a nutcase whack job. But buring of a book should just be ignored.

Personally as an European agnostic, I agree...well to be honest, I don't even agree or disagree, I could not care less. However in Europe, countries have hate speech laws, including Sweden of course. Apart from being against the law (https://crd.org/2022/06/29/civil-rights-defenders-report-far-right-extremist-rasmus-paludan-to-police/) why would you do that knowing the consequences? What is the purpose if not indeed to incite hate? Surely everyone can understand the symbolic meaning of burning a book, the message it sends wether it is a religious book or otherwise? (anyone remembering this? https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/book-burning). If his target is (clearly) to terminate the use of Islam in Europe (how does that work??), at least use the democratic way, get elected. Reactions from the muslim world around the world are what they are supposed to be, it is not about understanding it, but simply to respect it. Irrespecting it only brings trouble and that is what this guy is all about, a very dangerous man indeed. Erdogan's reaction is also against a guy who has been doing the same for years so he is well known for it and should not be allowed to do it again. Erdogan is not only a muslim, he is a dangerous islamist, not only for in his own country where he wants to implement the charia law (luckily the vast majority are still laic) but also to spread it further in Europe. So his reaction is no surprise, but no need to burn korans to stop his plans, that is totally counter productive (well actually Paludan are against all muslims, not only dangerous islamists) - all it does if anything is to bring some from the vast majority of peaceful muslims on the side of islamists. Especially since we have hate speech laws, and burning a koran is definitely against the law, the hate speech law, in Sweden too. If we had those laws in the 1930s in Europe, perhaps it would have stopped other lovely characters like Paludan to take power. And we all know what happened next.

I believe sincerely that one of the biggest mistakes mankind ever made was to respect religion and I mean all religions. If I told everyone that Santa Claus was real or Elvis is alive and living in Bangkok you would think I was mental but because millions of people believe in similar fairytales we respect them when they are based on nothing absolutely nothing and some people are willing to die and even kill in the name of these preposterous beliefs.