News Forum - Jeep plunges down mountainside in Thailand, driver dies, 5 Israeli tourists survive

Thaiger

A jeep tumbled 30 metres down a mountainside and into a river yesterday in Chiang Rai province in northern Thailand. The Thai driver died in the accident and five Israeli tourists survived with injuries. At 2pm yesterday, officers at Mueang Chiang Rai Police Station were informed that a fatal car crash occurred near the entrance …

The story Jeep plunges down mountainside in Thailand, driver dies, 5 Israeli tourists survive as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

In another forum it reads that of the 5 tourists who were involved in the incident, 3 were seriously injured. And it seems the Toyota Fortuner which toppled was the first in a convoy of vehicles....

Even though this started out saying CR, I knew it was from CM from it just saying Israelis. This 4 wheel off-road company is well known here to long timers like me and seem to always cater to the Isrealis on holiday that appear to just have completed their mandatory military service and are out to blow off steam. These 4 wheelers are usually pretty beat up looking.

Sorry to say but just stupid to think the deceased driver was not wearing his seat belt. I have never ever when 4 wheeling to not buckle up. Even on normal roads in the mountains.