News Forum - Thais can apply for a digital ID next week

Thaiger

Thai nationals using public services provided by government agencies will be able to apply for a digital ID card next Tuesday, January 10. Deputy government spokesperson Traisuree Taisaranakul announced the digital ID will apply to agencies under the Internal Affairs Ministry first and then expanded to other government and private agencies, such as commercial banks. The policy will primarily focus on using digital identification (digital ID) in place of physical documents, in accordance with Section 14 of the Digital Public Service Act, Bangkok Post reported. “People wanting to use any public service are required to register using their actual ID […]

The story Thais can apply for a digital ID next week as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I recall the first time I got involved in anything official in Thailand. This was back in 2004 and went to the local admin offices. I went in and I wondered what the hell the noise was. Then I realised it was the sound of mechanical typewriters! Having recovered from that surprise I then sat down and saw something I vaguely remember but hadn’t seen for 20 years. It was blue carbon paper 😳