News Forum - Thailand to offer free Covid-19 booster shots to foreign tourists

Thaiger

The Ministry of Tourism and Sports Ministry (MOTS) announced it plans to provide free Covid-19 booster shots for foreign tourists entering Thailand next year. The disclosure will be welcomed by many who fear another Covid wave after China announced it will open its borders and relax quarantine measures. The MOTS also briefed the press that the government will introduce the controversial 300-baht entry fee in June. MOTS minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn reported yesterday, December 28, that the ministry was preparing to welcome Chinese tourists after China’s National Health Commission announced the reopening of its borders on Monday, December 26. Phiphat explained […]

The story Thailand to offer free Covid-19 booster shots to foreign tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So BS. He is taunting the Chinese to come here with a free proverbial booster carrot, and this just might unfortunately do that. Such malarkey though as there still is no safety for everyone else who is permanent in Thailand.

And what vaccine(s) is he talking about? Astrazeneca made here or the new ChulaCov19-BNA159 mRNA Vaccine? Does that mean the goverment purchases them and the circle of perpetual sales and grwoing bank accounts gets passed around? Any transparency it? This is just wrong.

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Such malarkey though as there still is no safety for everyone else who is permanent in Thailand.

do you mean foreigners or?

I find the Thais are taken care of reasonably well.

3 minutes ago, Wackamole said:

do you mean foreigners or?

I find the Thais are taken care of reasonably well.

I mean for everyone here if they open up the flood gates to a certain country that has a severe outbreak they cannot control and reports of planes coming from China have half of its passengers tesing positive. That is just not a good sign. Not fear mongering, but looking at is just for how it is. Health care is good until it gets over taxed.

• Like 4

You give booster shot to the incoming tourists who might bring in the virus. But what about your own people who have not yet received any vaccination or booster? What is their protection against the virus? Aren't they pay your salary to protect them first? 

1 minute ago, Ramanathan.P said:

You give booster shot to the incoming tourists who might bring in the virus. But what about your own people who have not yet received any vaccination or booster? What is their protection against the virus? Aren't they pay your salary to protect them first? 

Sort of true as everyone who had a vaccine shot had it way over 6 months to a year ago already. So in essence is ineffective as weans off thus leaving many vulnerable. Not that I want any more vaccine shots as the 2 I had was enough for me. Add two times of having the 2 different types of covid as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

Stop whining. Vaccines are available to anyone who wants them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Not that I want any more vaccine shots as the 2 I had was enough for me. Add two times of having the 2 different types of covid as well.

Ahh but did the vaccines do their job and assist you in surviving those two times of Covid?  

Did they stimulate your system to respond in a positive manner to help your body defeat the virus?

This no one knows, we can be thankful we are still here though🙃

21 minutes ago, palooka said:

Ahh but did the vaccines do their job and assist you in surviving those two times of Covid?  

Did they stimulate your system to respond in a positive manner to help your body defeat the virus?

This no one knows, we can be thankful we are still here though🙃

First Covid was the first bring Delta in the beginning of 2020 and that was just weird and not so bad in general. The second I had last April was Omicron and that was hard on me and I am glad I had the 2 Pfizer shots for sure. My opinion they definitely helped me. Now I am just tired of the vaccines and hope and prefer to say no more. 

• Like 1

Now during this covid madness and hysteria, that seems to be reviving now thanks to China, I have heard and read so many weird stuff. But a free vaccine if you come to Thailand? FFS, it is an injection, with a product that noone knows the effect in the long term, not a hat or a bag of sweet.

14 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

First Covid was the first bring Delta in the beginning of 2020 and that was just weird and not so bad in general. The second I had last April was Omicron and that was hard on me and I am glad I had the 2 Pfizer shots for sure. My opinion they definitely helped me. Now I am just tired of the vaccines and hope and prefer to say no more. 

I am with you on the last sentence. However when you say they "definitely helped" you, you know full well it is just speculation, and you will never know for sure. I said this not because I have heard many stories of people that think otherwise, but because my own experience. I had my 2nd dose of AZ early Sept. 2021. I had covid in March in Thailand, so over 6 months after my 2nd dose: achy body and fever for one day, day 2 I was feeling much better, day 3 I was swimming in the sea, on day 6 only my test was negative. Hardly dramatic. My friend, around the same age, no fat nor any commorbidities like me, had it too at the same time (we both live on the same island). What he described to me was exactly the symptoms I had as was the time it lasted. He is not vaccinated. In July I was in the UK and one morning I had a sniffy nose and a headache. I had a couple of tests left in my home and as I had been in packed trains over the weekend, I tested myself out of curiosity: positive indeed...almost a year after my 2nd dose... One day with a sniffy nose and a headache, end of. So in my opinion, the vaccines made no difference whatsover (by the way, I started to feel bad after one hour after receiving the 1st dose, it put me to bed with high fever for 2 days, I was closed to call the emergency the 2nd night I was so bad... it took me almost a week to recover). But there again, like you it is also only speculation and I will never know for sure.... Regardless, I agree with you, I am tired of these vaccines and it is definitely no more for me too. Maybe in 10 years when I will be in my 60s if they have developped a proper safe and efficient vaccine (6 months to do a safe and efficient vaccine with a new technology on an unknown virus? Really?) if covid is still around and still killing some of the vulnerables, I will consider it as I probably would with the flu vaccine by then. But until then, no more for sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manu said:

I am with you on the last sentence. However when you say they "definitely helped" you, you know full well it is just speculation, and you will never know for sure. I said this not because I have heard many stories of people that think otherwise, but because my own experience. I had my 2nd dose of AZ early Sept. 2021. I had covid in March in Thailand, so over 6 months after my 2nd dose: achy body and fever for one day, day 2 I was feeling much better, day 3 I was swimming in the sea, on day 6 only my test was negative. Hardly dramatic. My friend, around the same age, no fat nor any commorbidities like me, had it too at the same time (we both live on the same island). What he described to me was exactly the symptoms I had as was the time it lasted. He is not vaccinated. In July I was in the UK and one morning I had a sniffy nose and a headache. I had a couple of tests left in my home and as I had been in packed trains over the weekend, I tested myself out of curiosity: positive indeed...almost a year after my 2nd dose... One day with a sniffy nose and a headache, end of. So in my opinion, the vaccines made no difference whatsover (by the way, I started to feel bad after one hour after receiving the 1st dose, it put me to bed with high fever for 2 days, I was closed to call the emergency the 2nd night I was so bad... it took me almost a week to recover). But there again, like you it is also only speculation and I will never know for sure.... Regardless, I agree with you, I am tired of these vaccines and it is definitely no more for me too. Maybe in 10 years when I will be in my 60s if they have developped a proper safe and efficient vaccine (6 months to do a safe and efficient vaccine with a new technology on an unknown virus? Really?) if covid is still around and still killing some of the vulnerables, I will consider it as I probably would with the flu vaccine by then. But until then, no more for sure.

Yes unequivocally we cannot be for sure for yes or no, but knowing my body and the symtpom and effects I would go out on a line and say that it did help me, although it had already been 6 months past since the second shot.

un·e·quiv·o·cal·ly
/ˌənəˈkwivək(ə)lē/

I thought it was advisable not to give Covid vaccines to people with Covid or had it within the past month. Many Chinese will arrive with Covid and asymptomatic. Will they test before providing the vaccine? Additionally, do we have any knowledge of how safe it is to give say a Pfizer booster to people who have had two shots of Sinovac? 

11 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:
On 12/29/2022 at 3:54 PM, Thaiger said:

The Ministry of Tourism and Sports Ministry

they said that twice .. 

It's probably the same idea as New York, New York - so good they named it twice.

• Haha 2