Evisa and flight tickets

Sharp_Elbow

Hey peeps!

Hoping to get some clarification on the flight tickets requirement when applying for the 60 day TR online.

I'm currently in London UK. I previously applied online for the TR with no issues but my flight was directly from London.

Will it be an issue if my flight ticket into Thailand is from Vietnam? My plan is to travel there first for a month.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Thanks Faz, just wanted to confirm before booking my flights.

Learnt a lot from you just from lurking over the past year, really appreciate it. 🙏

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Hello,

We plan to stay in Thailand for 45 days.

In this moment the Thai Immigration Bureau will allow foreigners to stay in Thailand for 30 days. Tourists will be able to apply for a 30 days visa extension.

I know that we have to show the flight back when we arrive to Thailand.

Can we book our flight with a flight back ticket in 45 from the day of arrival?

Thank you for help

It's not Immigration but the airlines that request a return ticket within 30 days if you're entering Visa exempt when checking in at your departure point.
If for any reason you are denied entry, without a return ticket, the airline would be responsible for returning you to your point of departure.

• 2 months later...

Going to ask about this again and wonder if anyone has had recent personal experience?

I have travelled to Thailand 3 times in the last 1.5 years and sometimes on the same airline and sometimes different airlines and was never asked to see a return ticket by the airline (or immigration).

Plan to go back August and rather get a 1-way to BKK as I plan to travel to other countries and maybe fly home from one of them...

On 6/25/2023 at 2:18 AM, Dezmo said:

Going to ask about this again and wonder if anyone has had recent personal experience?

I have travelled to Thailand 3 times in the last 1.5 years and sometimes on the same airline and sometimes different airlines and was never asked to see a return ticket by the airline (or immigration).

Plan to go back August and rather get a 1-way to BKK as I plan to travel to other countries and maybe fly home from one of them...

its a lottery some airlines/airports check that you have a ticket out with 30 days of arrival, the same airline/ check in staff may ask today but not tomorrow 

On 6/25/2023 at 2:18 AM, Dezmo said:

The airline have your flight itinerary and know whether you booked return or single.
The only time they may ask is if they only have a booking for a single journey.

Last year, a friend of mine who intended entering visa exempt, with the intention to change his status to Non Immigrant (Non O) and a subsequent extension, booked one way, but bought a cheap throw away outbound ticket from DMK to Siam Reap, Cambodia.

Asked if he had an outbound ticket, he proudly showed his flight out.
The airline check in clerk was obviously on the ball and asked ''Sir, if refused entry at Suvarnabhumi airport, just how do you intend to travel to DMK to catch an outbound flight''.

Think about it, she isn't wrong.

2 hours ago, cockneyboy said:

its a lottery some airlines/airports check that you have a ticket out with 30 days of arrival, the same airline/ check in staff may ask today but not tomorrow 

They could refuse entry o the flight if your return is not within 30 days?   I go for longer than 30 days with the intention of getting an extension.  That does not seem fair.

So if they check, and you don't have a return ticket, they refuse your ability to board.... wonder if they refund your ticket fee, etc....?   (I don't recall any legal language when buying a ticket about this...)

Just to double check, if I get a 1-way from USA-BKK, but also a 1-way from BKK-Manila (maybe for 4 weeks later) that should be ok if checked as nobody cares if I am returning home or just getting out of Thailand  :)

Assume when I do go to Manila they might want to see an exit ticket somewhere too...

On 6/26/2023 at 5:34 PM, Dezmo said:

So if they check, and you don't have a return ticket, they refuse your ability to board.... wonder if they refund your ticket fee, etc....?   (I don't recall any legal language when buying a ticket about this...)

You can't even obtain a TV from a Thai Embassy without proof of a round trip ticket.

2.4 Proof of a round trip flight confirmation/reservation showing going from the US to Thailand and leaving from Thailand (The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly)
https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/

On 7/2/2023 at 8:56 AM, Faz said:

You can't even obtain a TV from a Thai Embassy without proof of a round trip ticket.

2.4 Proof of a round trip flight confirmation/reservation showing going from the US to Thailand and leaving from Thailand (The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly)
https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/

But to be clear... RT means (to me) back to original point of deprature.. but i assume any ticket OUT of Thailand would be acceptable.