News Forum - Professor tells US to sit and talk to China instead of warmongering

Thaiger

World-renowned United States Professor Jeffrey Sachs appealed to the presidents of China and the US to get around a table and talk before the globe is dragged into yet another war. The 67 year economist and best-selling author called on US President Joe Biden and President Xi Jinping to sit down and discuss their future social, economic, and political plans instead of listening to the conspiracy theories of sociopaths. China is the latest in a long line of targets on a US hit list that includes Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, Libya, Yemen,  Russia, North Korea, Julian Assange, and many, many more. […]

The story Professor tells US to sit and talk to China instead of warmongering as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

I just wish the US governement and their elites behind them would listen to this, but I do not think they ever will, especially this perticular current administration. Noam Chomsky and others have been saying exactly that for years. But it has never been so close to that disaster than today.

• Like 1

I liken China to an English Football Club, namely Millwall FC. Their supporters were so proud of being disliked they had car stickers that read' No one likes us, we don't care'.

19 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

Congratulations Bob, telling it like it is. It’s too bad we hardly ever get to hear an alternative narrative in the msm.

Indeed but the alternative is out there. And there is also one "thing", it is called "reading books", surely a better alternative than turning on a tv on a (any) news channel.

The American Imperialism has been in declin for some time now while China (and others) is rising. So loosing the control of the World, it is panicking and panic often result to mad actions. Let us remind ourselves that only the USA so far used the nuclear weapon on this planet. Chomsky in the conclusion of his book who rules the World? (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28514478-who-rules-the-world) published 6 years ago was already warning us, saying nothing else than what Sachs is saying now, and his prediction seems to get closer and closer as the current World situation is showing us today.

4 hours ago, Manu said:

I just wish the US governement and their elites behind them would listen to this, but I do not think they ever will, especially this perticular current administration. Noam Chomsky and others have been saying exactly that for years. But it has never been so close to that disaster than today.

How very naïve, to think talking ever achieves anything with China, or Russia for that matter.  or any totalitarian regime.  Force and sanctions are the only way to get through  their thick criminal skulls and I prefer them in that order.   

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Force and sanctions are the only way to get through  their thick criminal skulls and I prefer them in that order

70 years later and that approach has not working out very well with nuclear armed North Korea. 

1 minute ago, Fanta said:

70 years later and that approach has not working out very well with nuclear armed North Korea. 

NK Korea is isolated from the rest of humanity, it didn't need 'talking' to solve that problem. The fact that they have nuclear weapons is irrelevant.  To use them, they would commit National suicide, as if they are not doing that already, just a tad slower . 

• Like 1

As soon as I read the headline I knew this was going to be a Bob Scott Chinese propaganda piece.

Clicked on the link to the full story, saw the name Bob Scott, laughed and did not read any further. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Pinetree said:

How very naïve, to think talking ever achieves anything with China, or Russia for that matter.  or any totalitarian regime.  Force and sanctions are the only way to get through  their thick criminal skulls and I prefer them in that order.   

How naive yiu are to write that comment. Inform yourself, read some books and perhaps you will eventually realise that there is no simple good/bad guys, just bad guys. Understand basic geopolitics and human psychology and then you realise, maybe if you have a thinking brain that there are only bad guys. It seems also although no reason yiu are on that side. No war, end of.

8 hours ago, Fanta said:

Nor for the USA, if anyone has to worry about a nuclear weapon being launched anywhere on this planet, It will very likely be from the he USA, not from North Korea… nor china nor Russia. 

China has already shown their future intentions to the world. They illegally built islands in the South China Sea, they said they wouldn't militarise them, but they did, they use fishing boats as weapons against other Nations fishing legally in their territorial waters. They're building the biggest naval fleet ever, China are preparing for war. The world needs to band together, sail, fly and show a combined military presence to China as warning to just settle the hell down or be wiped off the face of the planet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah we should be nice to those cute cuddly Chinese Communists. They incarcerated one million Uyghurs in concentration camps subjecting them to forced sterilization and forced labour. They subjugated the once sovereign country of Tibet and systematically erased their culture and traditions. They operate a vast police state which spies on every citizen - the only place there are no cameras watching you are in the toilet stall. They threaten to invade and subjugate the sovereign country of Taiwan. They claim the entire south China sea all the way to Indonesia as their own territory. Jeffrey Sachs is a Chinese Communist agent and should be arrested for high treason.

Edited by Bangkok_Gary
  • Like 1