News Forum - Woe upon woe – Suu Kyi gets more jail time

Thaiger

A court in Myanmar has convicted ousted leader Aung San Suu Kyi on two more corruption charges. Her two three-year sentences will be served concurrently, though added to previous sentences that now leave her facing a 26-year prison term. In February 2021, the military took over from Suu Kyi’s government. Her NLD party had won a landslide victory in elections, guaranteeing it a further five years in government. Suu Kyi was detained and has not been seen in public since. Tom Andrews, the UN special rapporteur on human rights in Myanmar, described the situation at the time as very disturbing. […]

The story Woe upon woe – Suu Kyi gets more jail time as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is what a truly corrupt  3rd world dictatorship looks like. No justice. No freedom. Just a bunch of small men with tiny manhood complex making sure those who disagree with their stupidity stay locked up for life.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ChrisS said:

What a surprise a military Junta that wants to remain in control, remind you of anywhere?

A ridiculous comment if I may say so.  There is no comparison . 

17 hours ago, BillO said:

This is what a truly corrupt  3rd world dictatorship looks like. No justice. No freedom. Just a bunch of small men with tiny manhood complex making sure those who disagree with their stupidity stay locked up for life.

She turned out to be a coward and a collaborator with that very Military, a collaborator in the geocide of the Muslim minority of her own citizens.  I have no sympathy for her and that feeling seems to be widespread globally.  I don't hear much if any outrage and calls for her release from very many worldwide. 

11 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

a collaborator in the genocide of the Muslim minority of her own citizens. 

I have no sympathy for people who worship, identify themselves as, and blindly follow mythological deities and call it a religion.   

"A ridiculous comment if I may say so.  There is no comparison . "

Only in matters of extremity of sanctions against those that oppose them, or do you seriously believe the Thai military will EVER give up dictating Thai politics.