News Forum - Thai Lion Air to resume direct flights to Taipei

Thaiger

Budget airline Thai Lion Air will resume its direct service between Bangkok and Taipei in Taiwan on December 17. Tickets start at 2,950 baht one-way. Flight SL396 will depart from Bangkok’s Don Mueang International Airport on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays at 8.35pm and will arrive in Taipei at 1.25am the next day. Flight SL397 will depart from Taipei’s Taoyuan International Airport on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays at 2.35am and arrive in Bangkok at 5.35am. The flight time is approximately three hours. The journey takes approximately 3 hours 50 minutes. Tickets will go on sale today on […]

The story Thai Lion Air to resume direct flights to Taipei as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have been travelling for almost three decades now and have used many different airlines. Thai Lion Air is the absolute worst I have ever encountered. I missed a 03:00 (Monday, 4 March) flight to Taipei by about 10 minutes, but there was no one at the desk to talk to. Ninety minutes later the window opened and a lady helped me, saying I might have to pay in the difference in cost, which I was fully willing to do. Halfway through the process she handed me over to an extremely rude colleague because her shift had ended. After waiting 30 minutes this employee handed me a slip with the full price of almost 20 000 baht for a new ticket. I asked about the discount and she then told me "you missed the plane by yourself, right? That's the price." I turned around and walked over to Air Asia. The lady at the counter was willing to help me. I bought a new ticket for 18000 baht. So instead of earning 10000 baht, Thai Lion Air lost my business and any future business from me because they lied to me and were extremely rude. I have read comments about them on Skytrax... their record is appalling. It's not the fuel price causing their financial woes, it's their complete incompetence. I will never recommend them to anyone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Charmainepret said:

I have been travelling for almost three decades now and have used many different airlines. Thai Lion Air is the absolute worst I have ever encountered. I missed a 03:00 (Monday, 4 March) flight to Taipei by about 10 minutes, but there was no one at the desk to talk to. Ninety minutes later the window opened and a lady helped me, saying I might have to pay in the difference in cost, which I was fully willing to do. Halfway through the process she handed me over to an extremely rude colleague because her shift had ended. After waiting 30 minutes this employee handed me a slip with the full price of almost 20 000 baht for a new ticket. I asked about the discount and she then told me "you missed the plane by yourself, right? That's the price." I turned around and walked over to Air Asia. The lady at the counter was willing to help me. I bought a new ticket for 18000 baht. So instead of earning 10000 baht, Thai Lion Air lost my business and any future business from me because they lied to me and were extremely rude. I have read comments about them on Skytrax... their record is appalling. It's not the fuel price causing their financial woes, it's their complete incompetence. I will never recommend them to anyone.

So you missed the flight due to your own late arrival, your ticket was none refundable. with a low cost operator and you were being charged for a new ticket.  That is all quite normal with all low cost airlines.  I would take a good guess that, as you are posting this none event story here,  it was probably your bad attitude that caused the negative ground staff reaction. You have no case my friend. Next time, get there on time, or buy a refundable ticket from Thai or Eva.

3 hours ago, Charmainepret said:

You missed your flight 

That's on you.....