News Forum - Delicious Northern Thai food you have to eat in Thailand

Thaiger

The cuisine of Thailand is diverse and special in each region. Some of Thailand’s most delicious dishes come from the northern part of the country. Set among mountain valleys with a cool climate, Northern Thai Food is highly influenced by Burmese cuisines.Additionally, it’s more subdued than Northeastern (Isaan) food. Below, we’ve compiled some of our favourite Northern Thai food. 1. Khao Soi (Curry Noodle Soup) Khao soi is possibly the most popular Northern Thai food, and it should be on top of your list when trying Thai food. Mainly made of egg noodles and curry, the dish has tame flavours […]

The story Delicious Northern Thai food you have to eat in Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Be aware that some laab in Northern Thailand may consist of raw pork, offal, and pork blood – so if you can’t stomach raw pork and blood, stick with the cooked option.

If you can't stomach.... raw pork could contain Taenia soleum which turns your brain into a Swiss cheese.

1 hour ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Taenia soleum which turns your brain into a Swiss cheese

I ate with a village in Isaan and was warned about the "goy" (which is like raw Laab) after a woman pointed at her mother and father who were both blind. She told me it was "goy" that caused it.

10 hours ago, ThaiFoodGuy said:

I ate with a village in Isaan and was warned about the "goy" (which is like raw Laab) after a woman pointed at her mother and father who were both blind. She told me it was "goy" that caused it.

Not to mention, northern food mix with bile. That is next level beyond me.

49 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Not to mention, northern food mix with bile. That is next level beyond me.

The funny thing is, bile is actually quite safe to eat. It's...shocking. But it's quite safe.

It's raw blood and raw meat that are actually much more dangerous. At least bile is highly acidic and will kill most pathogens. It's probably why it was chosen as an ingredient to the dishes it's usually added to...