News Forum - Japanese golfers sexually assault Thai caddies

Thaiger

Netizens from Thailand and Japan condemned a group of Japanese golfers who posted a video to the Instagram platform sexually harassing Thai caddies on a golf course. Incredibly, some Thai netizens believed sexual assaulting caddies is OK if they earn a bigger tip. Some slammed the vile behaviour while others made it known that the caddies were afraid to speak out because they might get fired. A Japanese Twitter user, @nyn3ama, posted the offensive video of the golfers and Thai caddies with a caption that said… “Japanese men sexually harassing Thai women on Instagram. Some Japanese men think that they […]

The story Japanese golfers sexually assault Thai caddies as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Confused 1

What is wrong with the Japanese did it. Farangs have done that for decades. Not saying it's right to do that but no-one  have complained that white golfers have done it long time 

• Confused 2
  • Angry 1

24 minutes ago, Rebel said:

What is wrong with the Japanese did it. Farangs have done that for decades. Not saying it's right to do that but no-one  have complained that white golfers have done it long time 

Posting the assault on social media is a special kind of ignorant, and they deserve all the grief coming their way. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rebel said:

Farangs are talking about, but mostly not putting it on antisocial medias.

And I think, it has a reason, that the majority of the caddies are young and pretty. Like it has a reason in other businesses, to hire more the beauties, not the beasts.

I think, this says lot and is mostly not wrong. At least on Phuket, Samui, ....

Sadly, one netizen commented that Thai people have to accept that this is part of Thailand’s sex industry

This abuse  has been tolerated for many years ! Me thinks it wont change!

Thais have to put  signs up in Japanese ,at all golf venues. 

Sexual harassment is forbidden .

The Americans stated it, Thailand allowed it, the rest of the world is following it and Thailand is accepting it.....So who to blame? If the house is in order not dog will come inside the house to pee and shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rebel said:

Congratulations. This is by far the dumbest post I have ever read. Your post is pure racism. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rebel said:

That argument seems to hinge on the assumption that if nobody seemed to complain back then (to the best of your knowledge), then it can't be wrong now.

There are at least 3 things wrong with that reasoning. In order of increasing importance: (1) your knowledge is limited, (2) morals change over time and (1+2) information (esp. complaints) nowadays has a reach it didn't have even a decade ago (and as a result a collective awareness about what is or isn't considered moral now spreads more quickly than ever).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Congratulations. This is by far the dumbest post I have ever read. Your post is pure racism. 

I agree with you that it was dumb, but I don't see the racism (pure or impure).

If anything, it can be paraphrased as "If it's ok for farang, it should be ok for Japanese", i.e. race shouldn't matter (which is the opposite of racism).

Edited by Chatogaster

Japanese golfers..LOL. They clog the fairways. A foursome requires 16 caddies. They carry coolers, umbrellas, 

folding chairs and of course clubs. It looked more like a safari than the 9th hole.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Incredibly, some Thai netizens believed sexual assaulting caddies is OK if they earn a bigger tip

It's a cultural thing.

Obviously have serious problems with their sex life.  TIT

I know some are married and on a tight leash and looking for extras, but subtlety is currently in vogue.

2 hours ago, Chatogaster said:

I agree with you that it was dumb, but I don't see the racism (pure or impure).

If anything, it can be paraphrased as "If it's ok for farang, it should be ok for Japanese", i.e. race shouldn't matter (which is the opposite of racism).

Replace the word "white" with the word "black" and think about if the post I was replying to is racist.

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Also wonder if it is the game itself.

You walk around and hit balls into a hole for hours, boring, so you try to hole out on the side to compensate.😂🤣🤣😂

From what the ladies say about japanese guys they have quite a deficiency to try to compensate for.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Guest1 said:

And I think, it has a reason, that the majority of the caddies are young and pretty. Like it has a reason in other businesses, to hire more the beauties, not the beasts.

Sadly, one netizen commented that Thai people have to accept that this is part of Thailand’s sex industry

I have golfed all over Phuket, and I didn't find the caddies attractive...............most were a bit older and I never saw anything bad go on.............

Maybe I am going to the wrong courses 5555

PS.....I love the Thai lady caddies, I think they can be quite funny

6 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Sex freely available here for payment so no need for harassment. Caddies up for it providing they freely agree. Problem comes when the ladies say no which of course is their perfect right. Customer should then move on without taking open offense. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

I have golfed all over Phuket, and I didn't find the caddies attractive...............most were a bit older and I never saw anything bad go on.............

Maybe I am going to the wrong courses 5555

PS.....I love the Thai lady caddies, I think they can be quite funny

As tourist and farang you will never get the attractive ones Paul.
they are reserved for the Thais. Also some expats have their personal caddy, and some are living together.
And as I am staying in a house at a tee off I have ample time to check.
Funny thing is Thais always tee off from the back tees and seldom land on the fairway.

I think some of the previous comments regarding which groups of people are guilty of this type of behavior are humorous as all nationalities have done it at some point - Japanese, European, American, Thai, etc.  I think some are more comfortable if they can pick out and point the finger at a culprit.  If that is the case then just "men" would suffice.  Not all men would do it but then again not all people from any given nationality would do it either. 
You can't assume every man will act appropriately, if we could then many laws would be unnecessary.  They women can stand up for themselves, if they choose to, but they REQUIRE the bosses at the golf coursed to back them up, support them, and contact authorities if needed.  If the bosses don't support the women there is little chance that the behavior will ever stop.  In my opinion the golf course management and the ladies are the only ones that can make this stop.  The women must say no and they must feel confident that they will be supported in that decision. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Alavan said:

they are reserved for the Thais. Also some expats have their personal caddy, and some are living together.
Funny thing is Thais always tee off from the back tees and seldom land on the fairway.

I had absolutely no clue about all of that

On 9/20/2022 at 12:01 AM, Alavan said:

No wonder rain, shine or storm, it never deters a golfer. Always having a tee-rific time

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

No wonder rain, shine or storm, it never deters a golfer. Always having a tee-rific time

And I always though it was just an excuse for a piss-up at the 19th hole! 🍻