News Forum - 10 year old girl allegedly forced into child labour & abused by parents

Thaiger

Non-profit organization Zendai yesterday rescued an abused 10 year old girl they found selling snacks at a petrol station in the Ayutthaya province of central Thailand. The child had wounds and bruises on her body and face. Zendai (เส้นด้าย) posted a video of the girl on their Facebook page highlighting her plight… “One of our team found this girl selling snacks at a petrol station in the Wang Noi district of Ayutthaya. The girl had a huge bruise on her left eye and busted lips, looking like she had been attacked by someone. “She insisted to our team that it […]

The story 10 year old girl allegedly forced into child labour & abused by parents as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Angry 1

This person that calls himself a father,needs education on being a provider & protector of children. If this young girl is helping to provide income for the family,what is this male persons contribution to the family? Reading between the lines,I can believe he would be selling her body off as she gets older. I do hope this young girl is wanted by an adoring family with some means for her education & support for her coming years. I know family blood is important,but there has to be a line drawn.

This is infuriating, surely the confession by the step father, beating not only this poor child but also her siblings is enough to arrest him and put him in with some lovely hardened child adoring fathers. Why does he get to leave the police station? As for the mother, I'd better not comment!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

This is infuriating, surely the confession by the step father, beating not only this poor child but also her siblings is enough to arrest him and put him in with some lovely hardened child adoring fathers. Why does he get to leave the police station? As for the mother, I'd better not comment!!!

As for the mother Mandy, she probably gets a beating too. 

I too have seen this in many places in Thailand. Take note, this happens right in front of everyone who walks the streets in Bangkok. Little children walking up to you trying to sell you something or with a cup in there hand asking for change. And one particular case with the mother sitting on a blanket and an infant in her hands. One night I was going back to my hotel at like 4am and seen the family (two little girls and a brand new infant) sleeping on cardboard on one of the cross over bridges. Broke my heart…..I awakened the mother up and gave her $20.00 in Thai Baht. I seen them regularly for a few years while I traveled in Thailand (Bangkok) and always gave the mother a few dollars….when they seen me the kids faces would light up and the mother would put her hands together and bow. I would tell her no need to bow, I knew she was thankful. 

Thank you

Marvin

Edited by Marvin