News Forum - Mountain B fire claims 19th life, 23 year old woman dies in hospital

Thaiger

A 23 year old woman injured in the Mountain B nightclub fire in Chon Buri’s Sattahip district on August 5 passed away at Chon Buri hospital at 2:50am today. The fire has now claimed 19 lives and 26 people are still receiving treatment in hospital. “Ice” went to Mountain B with her boyfriend, 30 year old Chatchai “Im” Chuenkha, who worked as a singer in the nightclub. Im died on the night of the fire. The couple have left behind a 5 year old daughter. The young woman received one night of treatment at Queen Sirikit Hospital in Sattahip before […]

The story Mountain B fire claims 19th life, 23 year old woman dies in hospital as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sometimes, I hate this nation with a cold fury.

"Netizens" (numpties!) railing at two old farang men running in Speedos, claiming cultural offence, when they should be at the steps of parliament, rioting about this treatment of their own ordinary citizens.

All of it: the lax safety, the corruption that ignored it, the prick that opened it, and the submarine buying crony government that hands out $500 compensation half of which they were begged to provide. 

Bastards. 

• Like 1

What yet is another really sad piece of news as another life lost. But from the sounds of it, as she was 100% burned being covered from the metling toxic fireball it was not a positive thing for her future if she survived. I would not want to live afterward if even maybe 50% burned with my head and face looking like a burned out match stick head. Beautiful gorgeous little girl now gone and her 5 year old daughter, mom, family and friends will never forget it.

• Like 1

I do find it tragic the loss of these lives plus the likely lifetime injuries the other burn victims will likely face.  With that said, it never ceases to amaze me how in every country the response is the same.  You have a noticeable loss of life and suddenly preventing that becomes a national priority.  Case in point, here suddenly the transfer of police, stepped up enforcement of fire hazzards, potential new regulations to prevent future fires etc.  

Yet somehow seeing motorcycles each and every day with people not wearing helmets, often with babies on board, motorcycle side cars loaded with passengers often at night without any lights, that is ok.  

They would most certainly save more lives with less effort just by enforcing the helmet law here in Thailand than will ever be saved via tougher fire prevention efforts. 

8 hours ago, Venusianhart said:

Sometimes, I hate this nation with a cold fury.

"Netizens" (numpties!) railing at two old farang men running in Speedos, claiming cultural offence, when they should be at the steps of parliament, rioting about this treatment of their own ordinary citizens.

All of it: the lax safety, the corruption that ignored it, the prick that opened it, and the submarine buying crony government that hands out $500 compensation half of which they were begged to provide. 

Bastards. 

But isn't that the country most choose to live and spend time in?

Don't get me wrong, it is abhorent

But so many guys bitch and moan about the West and how things are done there, then expect the developing country they moved to because it is less regulated, to be regulated to Western standards

As for the compensation...............life is cheap in Thailand

Again, I have always stated I find paying victims off as an abhorrent practice , but that is how it works in Thailand