Retirement visa extension.

Hi Faz. You wrote: 

That is not a good idea. If you're not confident of what the requirements are for an extension of stay (a permit, not a Visa) based on Thai spouse, you leave yourself open to corruption. Certain officers will play on your ignorance, find fault, but can fix it for a fee.

Actually my intention is not to ask about the extension based on Thai spouse. My intention is ask about the documents needed when I am doing the extension of the retirement visa (stay permit) by myself. If I have understood right, I need 400k bank deposit (400k because I am married to Thai, otherwise 800k is needed) OR I need to have minimum 40k monthly income (40k because I am married to Thai, otherwise 60k income/month is needed). Now I have this 40k monthly income, which I am going to show to Immigration. It depends on their requests of documents, how I will proceed with the extension. If they need documents that I don't have, I have the option to continue with the agent as before, OR, if I have understood right, I can go to Savannakhet to obtain a visa (stay permit) based on Thai spouse.

I responded on you PM.

327-2557 (2014) - Criteria for extension ENG.pdf

43 minutes ago, Ripa said:

Actually my intention is not to ask about the extension based on Thai spouse. My intention is ask about the documents needed when I am doing the extension of the retirement visa (stay permit) by myself.

It should be 'your intention is to ask about documents needed for an extension based on Thai spouse'.
You're already on an extension based on retirement and want to change the reason for the 1-year extension to based on Thai spouse.

I already previously posted a list of the required documents.
Docs Extension of Stay based on Marriage.odt 

The financial requirements for extensions based on Thai spouse are;
1. 400K funds deposited in a Thai bank account in your sole name for 2 months, prior to the date of submitting your application. Once your application has been approved, you can withdraw and spend those funds.
2. An Embassy Income letter stating receipt of pension of at least 40K per month.
3. For those unable to obtain Embassy Income letters, overseas transfers to a Thai bank account in your sole name of 40K per month.
4. If employed in Thailand, tax receipts proving a monthly income of 40K per month.
327-2557 (2014) - Criteria for extension ENG.pdf Section 2.18

Amend 138-2557 (2014 ) clause 2.18-2.22 for Thai bank income ENG.pdf

Hi Faz. The Embassy of Finland need originals regarding my pensions from Finland and Belgium. When they have received the original, they can prepare the income letter. So waiting for the originals. 

I received from Roi Et immigration instructions about the documents needed for Marriage visa (extension). it is more simple than the one you sent. I got it about 1,5 years ago. I tried to attach the document here, but it is too big in JPG and converted to PDF. Here 1,95 is quite small. However, the instructions can vary from one Immigraton office to an other.

BTW it was not me you met outside of IO a few weeks ago :-)

20 hours ago, Ripa said:

Hi Faz. The Embassy of Finland need originals regarding my pensions from Finland and Belgium. When they have received the original, they can prepare the income letter. So waiting for the originals. 

👍 I'm assuming they can provide the letter via email/post, or do you need to actually attend the Embassy?

20 hours ago, Ripa said:

I received from Roi Et immigration instructions about the documents needed for Marriage visa (extension). it is more simple than the one you sent. I got it about 1,5 years ago. I tried to attach the document here, but it is too big in JPG and converted to PDF. Here 1,95 is quite small. However, the instructions can vary from one Immigraton office to an other.

Immigration tend to be vague with their lists of documents. They are not concerned if you have to make a 100Km round trip to provide a document that wasn't on their list, but they now request it.
The onus is on you to supply any document they request.

I successfully obtained my 1-year extension of stay last month (July) from Roi Et Immigration and that comprehensive list I supplied is up-to-date and every document listed was required.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

questions about the renewal of Retirement Visa.

I did the Retirement Visa by myself one year ago. How many days before expiry, at the earliest, can one go to the Bangkok Immigration office for renewal?

Is there an agent that can do it for me, here on Thaiger, and if so, how much does it cost for the renewal?

Thank you in advance for the info

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gavi said:

Pretty sure you mean extending your permission of stay based on retirement.

8 hours ago, gavi said:

I did the Retirement Visa by myself one year ago. How many days before expiry, at the earliest, can one go to the Bangkok Immigration office for renewal?

45 days.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, gavi said:

Hello,

Is there an agent that can do it for me, here on Thaiger, and if so, how much does it cost for the renewal?

Thank you in advance for the info

normally 30 days but some offices allow 45 days. visa's can not be extended, only the permission of stay they give can be extended

Edited by cockneyboy
  • Thanks 1

On 9/1/2022 at 7:18 AM, Faz said:

Pretty sure you mean extending your permission of stay based on retirement.

45 days.

Thank you!

And, yes, what I need to do is what you described as "extending permission of stay based on retirement". Thank you also for the clarification.

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2022 at 8:22 PM, Faz said:

3. You can obtain the Non Imm O multiple entry from either the Thai Embassy in HCMC, Vietnam, or from the Thai Consulate in Savannahket, Lao, without any proof of finances.

This applies only to the Non-O for marriage or also for the Non-O for retirement? 

34 minutes ago, MPK said:

This applies only to the Non-O for marriage or also for the Non-O for retirement? 

Only for the Non O based on Thai spouse.
The Non Imm O multiple entry is available based on retirement at Savannahket, but only with proof of the equivalent of 800K THB.

• Like 1