News Forum - CCSA to discuss re-introduction of mask-wearing in public areas today

Thaiger

Thai PM Prayut Chan-O-Cha is meeting with the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration today at Government House. The prime minister is also the Chairperson for Thailand’s Covid taskforce that has overseen ongoing policy since April 2020 when the country enacted the emergency decree. The emergency decree remains in force. Today’s CCSA meeting is held as Thailand copes with a levelling-off of Omicron infections whilst there’s a rise in the Omicron BA.4 and BA.5 sub-variant infections. On today’s agenda is concerns from the public health department about the late-June decision to make the wearing of face masks in open spaces voluntary. […]

The story CCSA to discuss re-introduction of mask-wearing in public areas today as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

Does the government want increase in tourism or do they want the tourist to travel another country in this region.?

• Like 5

Ho hum, just another U-turn from a chaotic administration that has no leadership, multiple towering egos and a dearth of competence in ever level. Increasingly it feels like the inmates have taken over the asylum.

• Like 3

I walk daily in Ayutthaya old city and have witnessed the return of foreign tourists to the area.

From what I see the Thai people continue to wear masks and all foreigners , except for a handful ( usually those accompanied by a Thai National), don’t.

I would say the Thai will welcome this reintroduction but visiting foreign tourists will have a hard time accepting this.

• Like 1

No, no and no! I think restricting your breathing all the time is unhealthy and I can’t see the need or benefit. I’ve complied, worn them and struggled with the heat and breathing since living here. If you’re sick wear them to help protect others, if not then you should have a choice. The fact Thais don’t want to let go of their mask security blanket has emboldened this government but tourists will vote with their feet if they bring them back in. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

I walk daily in Ayutthaya old city and have witnessed the return of foreign tourists to the area.

From what I see the Thai people continue to wear masks and all foreigners , except for a handful ( usually those accompanied by a Thai National), don’t.

I would say the Thai will welcome this reintroduction but visiting foreign tourists will have a hard time accepting this.

Thais are brainwashed. Anyway, why would it make a difference? Hardly any Thai has taken off their masks since June 24 so I don't understand the need to re-introduce something that nearly everyone complies with, except to cause chaos, confusion and make people, particularly foreigners, upset.

To go backwards like this would be sending a terrible message for tourism and Thailand's willingness to move forward.

I'm done with masks. I am no longer wearing one. This constant flip flopping is only going to cause more distress and confusion and foreigners are simply NOT going to start wearing one again, period. Of course, plenty of foreigners still do, but my point is, in those settings where masks no longer need to be worn, it's going to get very problematic if they try to enforce this lunacy again.

• Like 4

Who is going to pay a sh!t laod of $ to come from the real world into this clusterf*ck on holiday and walk around muzzled all day?? I completely despair, it's literally like living in a madhouse :-(

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

The ultra paranoid masked psychopaths are going out of their minds, when they can't control other people's breathing. They're freaks in desperate need of a good psychiatrist, they just don't know it. 

1 hour ago, Scarface said:

Who is going to pay a sh!t laod of $ to come from the real world into this clusterf*ck on holiday and walk around muzzled all day?? I completely despair, it's literally like living in a madhouse :-(

Animals are muzzled, not humans, unless you bought the wrong product.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Faz said:

Animals are muzzled, not humans, unless you bought the wrong product.

Having said that, there are some humans that arguably should be muzzled.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The cases are barely ticking up, yet we are witnessing this kind of thinking. Bizarre. Resist madness. 

• Like 1

Merely a suggestion, no legal requirement, same as before. If you feel safer wearing one while by yourself in the open air, then by all means wear it. /thread

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Highlandman said:

it's going to get very problematic if they try to enforce this lunacy again.

Get ready for it then, schools closing again because of Covid and online learning back.

yeah first lure in the foreigner to go to Thailand then mess around, GOOD reputation to give your country.... another government mess up ( i lost the count)

17 hours ago, palooka said:

Get ready for it then, schools closing again because of Covid and online learning back.

Stop scaremongering with your bar stool wisdom, it's pathetic, or do you have any evidence to back up what you are saying? Nah, thought not.

5 hours ago, Scarface said:

Stop scaremongering with your bar stool wisdom, it's pathetic, or do you have any evidence to back up what you are saying? Nah, thought not.

โรงเรียนสตรีวิทยา (satriwit.ac.th)

Satriwit School in Bangkok closed for Covid and Online learning back.

School closed on the 7th July 2022 with some 700 + positive tests.

Expect your apology to be your next post.  Nah thought not.

• Like 1

I suggest all Pattaya, Hua Hin, Chiang Mai coffin dodgers be forced to wear masks forever..

Hi-So Handsome, long nosed, rich, exspecial forces people such as myself should be free to do what we want..

Officer class...🤔

On 7/8/2022 at 2:41 PM, Scarface said:

True. People go on holiday for freedom, enjoyment and to observe and interact with the locals. All this is difficult when everyone is muzzled up and scuttling around faceless. 

5 minutes ago, Transam said:

"Everyone" is not muzzled up, it is remarks like that, that cause confusion to those looking for a holiday....Give it a rest......🤫 

Read the title. Everyone in public areas, i.e., everyone visible to those visiting the place. 

7 minutes ago, Transam said:

Is everyone wearing a mask in public places....?

Read the headline. It's in the future tense, with a decision due to be made today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2022 at 9:28 AM, Thaiger said:

The government should reintroduce stringent control measures, including wearing masks indoors. This is urgent, and we should not wait until there are not enough hospital beds

Since they've  reopened more entrances to shopping malls and gone sloppy on temperature checks, we can expect an enormous death tool.

Just now, Transam said:

Stop making things sound worse than they actually are, there's a good chap....🤫

Well let's see what the decision is. I hope I'm wrong, but based on past performance the CCSA does tend to approve what it announces is on the agenda. Would you like to make a bet old chap?

• Cool 1

27 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Since they've  reopened more entrances to shopping malls and gone sloppy on temperature checks, we can expect an enormous death tool.

True. People will be dropping like flies.

21 hours ago, dbrenn said:

True. People go on holiday for freedom, enjoyment and to observe and interact with the locals. All this is difficult when everyone is muzzled up and scuttling around faceless. 

Imagine sitting on a plane for 12 hours off on your holidays, having come from a country where things are back to normal, then landing here and seeing something reminiscing a zombie movie and then whipping out the old mask and putting it on? The actual concept is beyond tragic and surely unthinkable for most.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1