Best Airports In The World For 2022

KaptainRob

2 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

It's the same worldwide though UK seems way over the top and captive patrons have little choice.

LHR @ A$9 is double that of SYD @ $4.75, (I believe).   I'm sure there are worse airport scams but it's the way of the world now ... dog eat dog 🥵

Never heard of that in my life.............wow

We don't have that in North America............yet!

Modest boast I've used 16 of these in the last 20 years, including 4 of the top six in the last 5.

Swampy looks impressive, the best things about it is the beer at realistic prices from the basement Sewen (you can take and drink it in the "hidden" local foodhall down there too!) Of course, that all depends on how much time you have as the security circus and old school paper-loving immigration is an unmitigated disaster zone to traverse, but entering, you can use it to chug a few "welcome back" Sings as you plan the train/taxi strategy into town!

They need trains to the gates at Swampy but so much money went into useless external and internal ornaments, and therefore sticky fingers, they had none left for anything useful like that!

They still owe me for a laptop their security screeners let crash to the ground after being x-ray ed.

Clowns. 

Edited by Venusianhart
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Venusianhart said:

They need trains to the gates at Swampy.....

....and a high speed link to downtown Pattaya1

On 6/26/2022 at 2:07 PM, KaptainRob said:

I know at least one Member who never want's to see Doha Airport again but  it sure looks good!

Changi is absolutely massive and the indoor forest is a must-see but you almost need a tour guide to find your way around.   I've yet to eat in the Hawker Food-court although It is by far the best and cheapest outlet in Changi, comparable to the domestic food-court at Suvarnabhumi.

I had a few hours to kill in SIN this January, but Covid paranoia meant we had to stay in our Terminal which was the Singapore Airlines one, the grandest of course, but the rainforest was a no-go. 

It was boring AF without that freedom, and coming from CNX the prices were insane $10 for a small can of Beer!

I love the landside Foodcourt at Swampy. Not sure if you are talking about the airside domestic Foodcourt though with the burger joints? The landside one in the basement serves Taxi drivers and Airport Staff so it's Thai prices! Best kept secret!

PS note to KR this is not related to the earlier post, dunno what happened there! 

Edited by Venusianhart

46 minutes ago, Venusianhart said:

I love the landside Foodcourt at Swampy. Not sure if you are talking about the airside domestic Foodcourt though with the burger joints? The landside one in the basement serves Taxi drivers and Airport Staff so it's Thai prices! Best kept secret!

I was told only yesterday they recently refurbished that former cheap foodcourt and installed burger franchises 😂 so that leaves only the secret basement eatery for cheap eats.

4 hours ago, Venusianhart said:

Modest boast I've used 16 of these in the last 20 years, including 4 of the top six in the last 5.

Impressive. I’ve been to 12 and likewise 4 of the top 6. 

Biggest surprises would be Narita and Haneda so high on the list and Hong Kong so low. Also, how did Vienna get in? Lightweight. 

4 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Impressive. I’ve been to 12 and likewise 4 of the top 6. 

Biggest surprises would be Narita and Haneda so high on the list and Hong Kong so low. Also, how did Vienna get in? Lightweight. 

Haneda was shocking to me

It seems small, drab and dated

But I guess if you are factoring in ease to get into downtown, it would rate

The bus was super easy to get to anywhere in Tokyo and easy for a tourist to figure out 

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1