Jump to content

News Forum - Thailand’s Parliament passes Marriage Equality Bill


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yesterday, Thailand’s Parliament passed the Marriage Equality Bill in the first reading with 210 votes in favour, 180 votes in opposition and 4 abstentions. The bill – previously rejected by Cabinet in March – was pushed by Thailand’s Move Forward Party. A parliamentary committee has been set up to scrutinise the bill over the next 15 days before it is submitted for its second and final readings in the House of Representatives. The bill would allow same-sex marriage. Earlier this month, the Cabinet passed the Civil Partnership Bill, drafted by the Justice Ministry, which would allow same-sex couples to register […]

The story Thailand’s Parliament passes Marriage Equality Bill as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Yesterday, Thailand’s Parliament passed the Marriage Equality Bill in the first reading with 210 votes in favour, 180 votes in opposition and 4 abstentions. The bill – previously rejected by Cabinet in March – was pushed by Thailand’s Move Forward Party. A parliamentary committee has been set up to scrutinise the bill over the next 15 days before it is submitted for its second and final readings in the House of Representatives. The bill would allow same-sex marriage. Earlier this month, the Cabinet passed the Civil Partnership Bill, drafted by the Justice Ministry, which would allow same-sex couples to register […]

The story Thailand’s Parliament passes Marriage Equality Bill as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's a shame to see Thailand bowing to all this poisonous wokist American culture. 

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

It’s good to see the MFP having an influence

Even if it's a bad influence that corrodes traditional Thai society. 

Edited by dbrenn
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Even if it's a bad influence that corrodes traditional Thai society. 

You are living in the wrong century 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

You are out of touch with what’s going on in the world. 31 countries have legalized same sex marriage

https://www.hrc.org/resources/marriage-equality-around-the-world

I suppose that one of the greatest fallacies in the Western world is that 'progressive' politics has to be a good thing.

All it's led to so far is the disintegration of society, unhappiness, ugliness, loneliness and lack of respect for anything. Yet people still support it.

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

I suppose that one of the greatest fallacies in the Western world is that 'progressive' politics has to be a good thing.

All it's led to so far is the disintegration of society, unhappiness, ugliness, loneliness and lack of respect for anything. Yet people still support it.

What do you support then? Prejudice and discrimination like the “good old days”  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

You are living in the wrong century 

That should be shortened to "You are living".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

most people per, country and the world,
not want what govern-ment ( few, in % ) want.

and much of those people who are a direct part, of any topic,
not want it, what includes all other kinds of, governmetn supporting groups, and
many of this exist this days.

and call something, to be
legal, a law, vote, election etc. made by few, is no democracy.
by the way, to believe in something, for exmaple, numbers on T.el e V.ision, is never to know it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, think-and-ask said:

most people per, country and the world,
not want what govern-ment ( few, in % ) want.

and much of those people who are a direct part, of any topic,
not want it, what includes all other kinds of, governmetn supporting groups, and
many of this exist this days.

and call something, to be
legal, a law, vote, election etc. made by few, is no democracy.
by the way, to believe in something, for exmaple, numbers on T.el e V.ision, is never to know it.

Is there something wrong with your keyboard?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

What do you support then? Prejudice and discrimination like the “good old days”  

You don't think that happens anymore? Western society is more divided than it's ever been.

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Is there something wrong with your keyboard?

That's very patronising. For all you know, the esteemed member may not speak English as a first language, but you shouldn't dismiss him because of that, as you seem to cruelly do by mocking him. Instead, you should embrace him as a friend. 

Isn't that what you progressives claim to represent? Or aren't you one?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

I suppose that one of the greatest fallacies in the Western world is that 'progressive' politics has to be a good thing.

All it's led to so far is the disintegration of society, unhappiness, ugliness, loneliness and lack of respect for anything. Yet people still support it.

Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you.....🤔

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Transam said:

Sorry to hear things didn't work out for you.....🤔

In what way? Go on, challenge me with your conspicuously absent intellect, debating the point rather than the person. If you can.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

That's very patronising. For all you know, the esteemed member may not speak English as a first language, but you shouldn't dismiss him because of that, as you seem to cruelly do by mocking him. Instead, you should embrace him as a friend. 

Isn't that what you progressives claim to represent? Or aren't you one?

I didn’t mean to be patronizing. I just couldn’t understand what he was trying to say and there seemed to be too many punctuation marks mid word. I don’t claim to represent anyone apart from myself. I don’t categorize myself as a progressive because life’s issues are too complex just to blindly follow one group

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dbrenn said:

In what way? Go on, challenge me with your conspicuously absent intellect, debating the point rather than the person. If you can.

Sorry, the way you wrote that post, I thought you were on about the effects on your life in general, well wasn't it, I mean, unhappiness, ugliness, loneliness, lack of respect...😢

If it's not, what are you on about....?   🤔

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Stevejm said:

I didn’t mean to be patronizing. I just couldn’t understand what he was trying to say and there seemed to be too many punctuation marks mid word. I don’t claim to represent anyone apart from myself. I don’t categorize myself as a progressive because life’s issues are too complex just to blindly follow one group

So you say.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Transam said:

Sorry, the way you wrote that post, I thought you were on about the effects on your life in general, well wasn't it, I mean, unhappiness, ugliness, loneliness, lack of respect...😢

If it's not, what are you on about....?   🤔

You thought wrongly. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

You don't think that happens anymore? Western society is more divided than it's ever been.

What do you support? You didn’t answer the question. When Australia took a postal survey on allowing same sex marriage they voted yes by 61% to 38% which is hardly an indication of a divided country.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Marriage_Law_Postal_Survey

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

That's very patronising. For all you know, the esteemed member may not speak English as a first language, but you shouldn't dismiss him because of that, as you seem to cruelly do by mocking him. Instead, you should embrace him as a friend. 

Isn't that what you progressives claim to represent? Or aren't you one?

Don’t you think it is patronizing to answer the question on someone else’s behalf?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use