News Forum - Thailand’s Parliament passes Marriage Equality Bill

Thaiger

27 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

What makes Australia better than Thailand?

Football, meat pies, kangaroos and Holden cars. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Even if it's a bad influence that corrodes traditional Thai society. 

I personally think it is a good thing, ESPECIALLY if it erodes traditional Thai society. Thai society is stuck in the past and was carefully designed to keep the majority down. The modern social media age and the progressive thinking of the younger Thai generation will slowly shake off the chains of traditional Thai society and the country will prosper.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dbrenn said:

It's a shame to see Thailand bowing to all this poisonous wokist American culture. 

Those damned equal rights. We don't want any of them now do we!!😆😆😆

19 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I personally think it is a good thing, ESPECIALLY if it erodes traditional Thai society. Thai society is stuck in the past and was carefully designed to keep the majority down. The modern social media age and the progressive thinking of the younger Thai generation will slowly shake off the chains of traditional Thai society and the country will prosper.  

Well said. That’s why I commented that it is good that the MFP managed to get progress on this. If I understand correctly the MFP came out of the remnants of the FFP which was strongly supported by young people before being banned. If young people see that their votes and opinions actually count for something that has to be a good thing.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Fanta said:

You can get Aussie meat pies in Thailand😂. Plenty of football too unless you are talking about Aussie rules 

46 minutes ago, Fanta said:

Don't forget Kylie...

IMG_20220616_141131.thumb.jpg.e3307f6e64ce37e102b50cdb49834926.jpg

• Like 1

Back in the day when men were men and sheep were nervous 

Back on topic - imo, same sex couples can get married. None of my business so I have no reason to care.

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

Sounds good, what would make it perfect is if it was emptied of Ozzies. 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Progressive thinking ! I hope it is different from the western  term of progressive ideas! I like traditional when it involves nuclear family values.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dbrenn said:

It's a shame to see Thailand bowing to all this poisonous wokist American culture. 

How does this affect you? Why do you care should two men or two women marry?  This illustrates the danger of ending your academic career at the 5th grade.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, riclag said:

Progressive thinking ! I hope it is different from the western  term of progressive ideas! I like traditional when it involves nuclear family values.

I’m sure it will be whatever the younger and future generations wish it to be. Things are totally out of control in the West. Equality is so engrained that these so called minority groups (their own term, not mine) seem stuck for new ideas. This leads to utterly ridiculous  conversations such as “Do women have a Penis?” and “Can a man have ovaries?”

Thai youth will follow many of the Western ways, and it’s only a matter of time before they mimic most of what goes on in the West. Trouble is, the West will have moved on to even more outlandish ideas. 

I will sign off as Soidog (He/Him) 😉

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I’m sure it will be whatever the younger and future generations wish it to be. Things are totally out of control in the West. Equality is so engrained that these so called minority groups (their own term, not mine) seem stuck for new ideas. This leads to utterly ridiculous  conversations such as “Do women have a Penis?” and “Can a man have ovaries

It doesn’t all go in one direction though. I see that one state in USA has introduced a law which allows parents of athletes to insist that athletes that seem to be winning too much be subjected to genital inspections and blood tests in case they are actually transgender and cheating but the rule can be applied to any athlete who is considered to be “too good”

https://thehill.com/news/wire/3519065-ohio-bill-would-require-genital-exams-for-student-athletes-if-sex-is-questioned/

1 hour ago, MJCC1987 said:

How does this affect you? Why do you care should two men or two women marry?  This illustrates the danger of ending your academic career at the 5th grade.

How on earth would you know?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Don't forget Kylie...

IMG_20220616_141131.thumb.jpg.e3307f6e64ce37e102b50cdb49834926.jpg

Pensioner. A fit pensioner, but a pensioner none the less. 🤪

19 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I’m sure it will be whatever the younger and future generations wish it to be. Things are totally out of control in the West. Equality is so engrained that these so called minority groups (their own term, not mine) seem stuck for new ideas. This leads to utterly ridiculous  conversations such as “Do women have a Penis?” and “Can a man have ovaries?”

Thai youth will follow many of the Western ways, and it’s only a matter of time before they mimic most of what goes on in the West. Trouble is, the West will have moved on to even more outlandish ideas. 

I will sign off as Soidog (He/Him) 😉

The things you mentioned are talked about on TV shows etc which the majority of people do not watch, peoples concerns and discussions are much more down to earth and are everyday concerns.

Many of us think for example why are we having tens of thousands of healthy young guys getting on boats and crossing over from a safe country (France) to England and can say "asylum" and are then housed in hotels while many local people who have a problem with housing are not looked after so well. 

And to top it all we pay them for the privilege of being here.

A Thai woman told me about the time she went to the council office in Chelmsford, South East England.

She was trying to get a small rebate on her restaurant business rates, she paid £1200 per month, the council woman on the other side of the desk was rude and said there will be no rebate, you must pay now.

She looked over to the next desk and saw a so called refugee, the woman was crying as she said she needed a better place to stay for her and her four kids, the council woman dealing with her told her it was all OK and she will deal with it now and find a place to stay.

The Thai woman said to the rude woman dealing with her, I suppose when I pay you will just lean over and give the money to that woman there.

If the West is so crap why are hundreds of thousands of people trying to get in, they could of course go to Thailand instead?

The West is great for doing business, education etc and if you are self driven you can be successful.

Many times in Thailand it is about who you know.

Mostly we farangs only go and live in Thailand after we have made our money while in the West and even then not fully committed financially etc to Thailand, well if we have any sense that is. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

It doesn’t all go in one direction though. I see that one state in USA has introduced a law which allows parents of athletes to insist that athletes that seem to be winning too much be subjected to genital inspections and blood tests in case they are actually transgender and cheating but the rule can be applied to any athlete who is considered to be “too good”

https://thehill.com/news/wire/3519065-ohio-bill-would-require-genital-exams-for-student-athletes-if-sex-is-questioned/

It is so funny as you make it all up as you go along. ☺️

The story in your link says nothing about athletes who seem to be winning too much, it states they are checked if there is a question over their sex.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Pensioner. A fit pensioner, but a pensioner none the less. 🤪

You wouldn't chuck her out of bed!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

You wouldn't chuck her out of bed!

No, true. But then again I'm a pensioner too. 😄

10 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Did you mean to say How did you know?😂😂😂😂

Nope. That's not what I meant. Read what I wrote in plain English. 

43 minutes ago, Poolie said:

No, true. But then again I'm a pensioner too. 😄

She just turned 54 last month. Not exactly a pensioner, but she does qualify for a retirement visa....😆

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

She just turned 54 last month. Not exactly a pensioner, but she does qualify for a retirement visa....😆

Close enough. 😄

15 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Close enough. 😄

Many years ago in London my  sister used to teach her yoga and give her a massage on a regular basis. 

I said I would give her the massage for free.😃