News Forum - LGBTQ+ protesters in Thailand want marriage equality, not ‘civil partnerships’

Thaiger

9 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Unless celebrities, no, they are not 🤣

Buddhists believe that there is no fundamental difference between any human. It is you who is closed off and suffer from your phobias. Don't project. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, dbrenn said:

What's all this tosh about calling LGBetc a 'community' - a word that suggests that they're separate from the rest of us. All the gays I know are fully integrated, normal, hard working people who keep their sex lived private and have a beer in the pub with everyone else.

The ones who bang on about imaginary 'communities' are actually lefty activists,  who are using identity as a revolutionary pretext to reconstitute society, and bring about the downfall of capitalism so they can take over.

Thailand should reject this foreign poison. 

Spot on !  Flower child wokeism,gone viral imop

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Cabra said:

Buddhists believe that there is no fundamental difference between any human. It is you who is closed off and suffer from your phobias. Don't project. 

Ain’t no Buddhist 😉

On 6/16/2022 at 11:52 AM, BillO said:

Marriage is a legal contract primarily designed to protect children resulting from the marriage. Society has a very strong interest in this as it should. The vast majority of these couples will not be raising children. So what’s the point? I’m 62 and been married and divorced. At my age another marriage serves no positive purpose for me. It only gives someone else an interest in my property for no real reason. Why would I do that if kids weren’t involved? Doesn’t matter whether you’re straight or gay. 

Exactly So. Marriage also protected the Wife & Mother from rampant Male attention at a time when unmarried Women had little other protection or rights😉

On 6/15/2022 at 10:37 PM, astro said:

Are you feeling offended again by the topic at hand? 😂

“stimulated” certainly; “ triggered” yes, unfortunately. I take this opportunity to apologize to all for using derogatory terms  unacceptable as forum rules. 😔

• Cool 1

42 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

“stimulated” certainly; “ triggered” yes, unfortunately. I take this opportunity to apologize to all for using the derogatory terms “ freaks” & “ faggot”, both unacceptable as forum rules. 😔

No problem. Just meant we all learnt a lot more about you. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

No problem. Just meant we all learnt a lot more about you. 

My repeated polite response never got posted ….weird 😔

Just now, oldschooler said:

It was, for 3rd time ; “ that’s the general idea here isn’t it ? Open Honest Transparent. Apology doesn’t necessarily mean any change of mind”.😎

Just now, oldschooler said:

It was, for 3rd time ; “ that’s the general idea here isn’t it ? Open Honest Transparent. Apology doesn’t necessarily mean any change of mind”.😎

That’s better ….. wish is not to be “ silenced” only duly reprimanded 🥺🙃👍

2 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

It was the repeated not so polite ones before that which were the problem. 

1 minute ago, oldschooler said:

No change of mind. 

You meant that you were sorry for expressing what was really on your mind, and that those views are generally regarded as offensive, and sorry that other people had to hear your offensive views. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

It was the repeated not so polite ones before that which were the problem. 

No change of mind. 

You meant that you were sorry for expressing what was really on your mind, and that those views are generally regarded as offensive, and sorry that other people had to hear your offensive views. 

No. Sorry to have broken Forum rules and hurt some peoples feelings.  “Generally regarded as offensive” … “for public politically correct diversity compliance purposes so as not to be cancelled and lose your income and life”, I think is the complete status. Privately, I reckon 80-85 % hold my views …. just dare not speak out openly 

as they do on another are threatening our Social Cohesion (National Identity), i.e. Mass Immigration,  upon which no Vote or Referendum was ever held by our elected reps….and which STILL continues despite the new bypassed fair Points System for Legal Immigrants ..

18 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

No. Sorry to have broken Forum rules and hurt some peoples feelings.  “Generally regarded as offensive” … “for public politically correct diversity compliance purposes so as not to be cancelled and lose your income and life”, I think is the complete status. Privately, I reckon 80-85 % hold my views …. just dare not speak out openly 

as they do on another are threatening our Social Cohesion (National Identity), i.e. Mass Immigration,  upon which no Vote or Referendum was ever held by our elected reps….and which STILL continues despite the new bypassed fair Points System for Legal Immigrants ..

A more than ironically amusing situation where in some instances these unwelcome bypassers of nominal Immigration criteria are refugees in the true sense from locations that have been "saved" by unrequested military interventions which in reality have been less than subtle quashing of perceived non compliance to greater "authoritarian"  dictate. Sow to reap ?

29 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

You're sounding like a dinosaur 🦖🦖

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Perhaps wise  not to aggravate ? It is  likely that in his mind he misses the days when to nobble a politician simply required smearing an individual with accusations of sexual "misconduct". How inconvenient it  must be that now the UK has cohabiting PM Boris ? Maggie would be enraged !

3 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

“Labeling” never a smart tactic in isolation, without any case. 😞☹️

You do know Classic Dinosaurs lasted 175 million years, are still with us as birds & lizards, and would probably still be here, instead of us Mammals, in classic form, but for that meteor strike 66 mya. So don’t knock Dinosaurs !😉🤣Top Predators. They can teach a lot about survival, adaption & durability. 

2 hours ago, Outsider said:

Perhaps wise  not to aggravate ? It is  likely that in his mind he misses the days when to nobble a politician simply required smearing an individual with accusations of sexual "misconduct". How inconvenient it  must be that now the UK has cohabiting PM Boris ? Maggie would be enraged !

Bojo is Married. Uninterested in MP sexuality. Just don’t tell me he has a “ husband”. 🤣😔

3 hours ago, Outsider said:

A more than ironically amusing situation where in some instances these unwelcome bypassers of nominal Immigration criteria are refugees in the true sense from locations that have been "saved" by unrequested military interventions which in reality have been less than subtle quashing of perceived non compliance to greater "authoritarian"  dictate. Sow to reap ?

Some truth in that. By just having Colonies or indulging in Expeditionary Wars against genocidal tyrants in shitholes, West beats some responsibility to accommodate at least those who helped us there like Translators & Suppliers, but not those who don’t share our values. 😎😏

5 hours ago, oldschooler said:

That sounds more like an apology to the mods, not to those you have unnecessarily offended with derogatory swearwords, who you now again are putting down and ridicule with your invented "pc" waffling.

Edited by astro
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, astro said:

That sounds more like an apology to the mods, not to those you have unnecessarily offended with derogatory swearwords, who you now again put down with your invented "pc" waffling.

Referendums / Secret ballots would expose the massive hypocrisy & substantial differences between public & private opinions.

UK Public simply never consulted on Homosexual “Marriage” & Child Adoption or Mass Immigration or Transitioning from Common Market Trade Agreement (as voted for by referendum) to EU Political Superstate with Imposed Civil Laws ( never voted for & thankfully Brexited). 

The civilized NE European nations simply don’t allow Homosexual Marriage / Adoption or Mass Immigration ….. because their people are known NOT don’t want those things. The West simply ignores the people on these issues. 

Perhaps the populations of Poland, Czech, Hungary, Baltics think entirely differently to Western Europe on these matters…… I rather doubt it though …

Please refer to the topic at hand, which is not secret ballots in the UK or Hungary.

Your rabid, hate-fueled agenda is shared by only a tiny minority in Thailand.

Perhaps you'd feel more comfy in places like Russia, where your attitude is more common.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, astro said:

Please refer to the topic at hand, which is not secret ballots in the UK or Hungary.

Your rabid, hate-fueled agenda is shared by only a tiny minority in Thailand.

Perhaps you'd feel more comfy in places like Russia, where your attitude is more common.

Have you conducted a poll then ?🤣😩

the issue is passing certain laws in parliaments which know damn well are not supported by the majority.😡

now sometimes that IS necessary though …..😉

don’t do hate ….only contempt derision disdain dismay 😎😉

On 6/16/2022 at 5:52 AM, BillO said:

Marriage is a legal contract primarily designed to protect children resulting from the marriage. Society has a very strong interest in this as it should. The vast majority of these couples will not be raising children. So what’s the point? I’m 62 and been married and divorced. At my age another marriage serves no positive purpose for me. It only gives someone else an interest in my property for no real reason. Why would I do that if kids weren’t involved? Doesn’t matter whether you’re straight or gay. 

so you believe that marriage should not be legal for anyone over child bearing age or anyone not capable of having a child?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Have you conducted a poll then ?🤣😩

the issue is passing certain laws in parliaments which know damn well are not supported by the majority.😡

now sometimes that IS necessary though …..😉

don’t do hate ….only contempt derision disdain dismay 😎😉

I think you need to review the purpose of democracy. Simple "majority" rule is no more than mob rule.

Democracy is "government of the people for the people by the people" .....under that premise the views and needs of "minorities" need to be considered and catered for.

• Like 1