News Forum - Gov’s 1 million cannabis plant hand out poses a danger to the health of Thailand’s youth

Thaiger

3 hours ago, astro said:

Smoking Cannabis in small quantities occasionally also has no "health reproductions".

Smoking anything would have health repercussions 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

I seriously yet have to meet anyone using it and being aggressive. And trust me, I've known a sht ton of people who use it. It would be weird if I know exactly the only ones who are not violent😂 But like I mentioned, once they have to quit, some of them might become violent. 

I have met violent ones on a high whilst doing volunteer work. I have also met non-violent ones. Stating an absolute as the truth for the whole world is rather a silly thing to do. Each of us can have different experiences. For example, I saw people at the worse end of usage and rarely met casual users. So simply our experiences can be different.

Overuse of anything can do that. If this is about confronting me on my point that Marijuana is less bad than alcohol.... I wonder what you have to say about the dangers of alcohol. They are much bigger. 

The only part I was challenging was the non-violence aspect. The topic is about Marijuana and the health risks on Thai youth. The report I attached just challenged your comments with which seemed to indicate you felt is an absolute for the world. It is not.

I am happy to discuss my observations about alcohol in an appropriate topic although you may take note that I did say "like in fact anything we put into our bodies, our bodies may react differently.". I'll add to that by saying it may also cause different actions in different people. 

Interesting point. This is why we shouldn't make people silent on drugs and if there's a conversation, don't approach it biased. Some drugs can really change people's life in a positive way. We should teach people from a certain age and up about what drugs are totally bad, as in literally nothing good comes out of it. Also what drugs can help in some ways, and how to use it responsibly. If you teach this to young teenagers already, they might approach drugs with way more respect and knowledge and others won't do drugs but at least know why, other than 'bad'. 

There is merit in this and effective education I support. What I don't support is inept education that only fosters curiosity to try it for themselves. 

Responsibility includes where to use it and when. I have unfortunately seen the effects of people turning up "high" at a workplace and even smoking it in an irresponsible manner around others. There is a fine line between safe use and irresponsible use and too often those who did it had no idea of the potential impact on the safety of their colleagues.

What they do in their own home is their own business. But outside that, even with education, the desire to get "high" can remove conscious levels of responsibility for some. As like anything in life, there are those who use something responsibly and in responsible locations and those who do not.

Sadly it is those irresponsible ones that are the danger and have more effect on the freedom of laws etc, like most things in life.

• Cool 1

21 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

The same could be said of shoving nitrogen gas up your nose, that still doesn't merit the usage of pot.

Yeah, but nobody wants to hand out 1 mil Nitrogen tanks to the population. lol

Oh, and smoking cannabis is still illegal, so forget about the "bad for the lungs" argument.

None of the arguments you brought up show why alcohol should be legal and cannabis shouldn't.

9 minutes ago, astro said:

Yeah, but nobody wants to hand out 1 mil Nitrogen tanks to the population. lol

Oh, and smoking cannabis is still illegal, so forget about the "bad for the lungs" argument.

None of the arguments you brought up show why alcohol should be legal and cannabis shouldn't.

Except this thread is about pot and not alcohol.

Did I say it was bad for the lungs, show me my quote please as I cannot remember "arguing" that fact. And also where did I say alcohol should be legal and pot shouldn't. 

Are you feeling ok today Astro?

10 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Except this thread is about pot and not alcohol.

Then why did you bring nitrogen into it? 🤪

10 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Are you feeling ok today Astro?

I am fine, thanks.

Not your words?

"...whether you have seen it or not smoking pot is not good. "

🤔

1 minute ago, astro said:

Then why did you bring nitrogen into it? 🤪

I am fine, thanks.

Not your words?

"...whether you have seen it or not smoking pot is not good. "

🤔

When I get the answer from you for what you have just accused me of we can continue, but it is very disingenuous to put words into other posters mouths.

It's from your posts on the last page.

Does anybody else have your login?

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

And also where did I say alcohol should be legal and pot shouldn't. 

Oh I forgot that snippet.

My apologies, Marbles, I didn't know you are an anti-alcohol guy, from your posts I assumed you are a regular user.

Still, comparing something which is already legal to something which is being legalised, is a common way to approach a subject, no Uni education required to see the sense in that.

Edited by astro

1 minute ago, astro said:

It's from your posts on the last page.

Does anybody else have your login?

Oh I forgot that snippet.

My apologies, Marbles, I didn't know you are an anti-alcohol guy, from your posts I assumed you are a regular user.

Still, comparing something which is already legal to something which is being legalised, is a common way to approach a subject, no Uni education required to see the sense in that.

You are being very belligerent Astro, again this thread is about pot and even you must understand that to have a debate it is not conducive to tell lies about what the other poster has said, it does make it difficult if not impossible for me to debate about something I haven't said.

However I will put your belligerency and lack of comprehension skills down to the wacky baccy, have an early night and with a bit of luck you may have slept your gibberish posts off. You are totally embarrassing yourself.

18 minutes ago, astro said:

Good night to you!

Read your posts again when you're sober in the morning and make appropriate apologies.

If you show me where I said those things you accuse me of saying I will apologize, but you know as well as I do that you have lied to save face.

From your first post this evening you have baited me, very unsuccessfully I hasten to add. But I think it is about time this pathetic childish behaviour of yours is put to bed. Hopefully the mods can make their own minds up about your disingenuous posting behaviour.

• Haha 1

Bit too much bickering going on.

Please, just stay on topic, which is this.

"News Forum - Gov’s 1 million cannabis plant hand out poses a danger to the health of Thailand’s youth"