News Forum - Gov’s 1 million cannabis plant hand out poses a danger to the health of Thailand’s youth

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Greeneyes said:

" cannabis makes you lazy"

As a grower of cannabis and you can check my answer and reply if you wish. 

There are two basic types of cannabis, Indica and sativa. 

Sativa will give you a head high which more often than not will make you more active. 

Indica has the opposite effect and will give you couch lock.

So you are completely mistaken to say cannabis makes you lazy 

You can usually tell the difference between Sativa and Indica 

Sativa has long thin leaves where as Indica is usually broad wider leaves. 

I was thinking more about the after effects, the cannabis hangover. Sure, when I was high on it I felt like a superhero. The lingering laziness and irascible mood is when it wears off though.

No problem if you're permanently stoned, I guess. But it's hard to deal with mundane reality if that's your thing. Potheads generally aren't successful in the world of work (of the mental kind), lacking faculties like concentration and memory, because it mashes your brains. I should know, having been a pothead myself for a while, before kicking it because it was getting in the way of things I wanted to do that required sharpness of mind.

For every high, there's a corresponding low with any psychoactive substance I've ever tried, and I've tried most. 

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I don’t believe you. Send me some of each so I can conduct my own tests. Actually, send a lot so I can do some blind testing with friends just to be sure. Your reputation depends on this. And chocolate. Always include the chocolate. 

Lol at £10  for 1.1 grams you can buy as much as you want and I will throw in a free toblerone and a packet of skins 😁😂🤣

4 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

I was thinking more about the after effects, the cannabis hangover. Sure, when I was high on it I felt like a superhero. The lingering laziness and irascible mood is when it wears off though.

No problem if you're permanently stoned, I guess. But it's hard to deal with mundane reality if that's your thing. Potheads generally aren't successful in the world of work (of the mental kind), lacking faculties like concentration and memory, because it mashes your brains.

For every high, there's a corresponding low with any psychoactive substance I've ever tried, and I've tried most. 

Lol ridiculous statement,  pot heads generally aren't successful in the world of of work ( of the mental kind )

I think that you have ingested, smoked or chased the dragon  to many chemicals 

You have tried most of the psychoactive drugs in the world? Wow!!!

11 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

Lol ridiculous statement,  pot heads generally aren't successful in the world of of work ( of the mental kind )

I think that you have ingested, smoked or chased the dragon  to many chemicals 

You have tried most of the psychoactive drugs in the world? Wow!!!

Now you're attacking the poster rather than debating the content. If I told you I'd never tried drugs, you'd dismiss me as ignorant. The fact that I have tried them you dismiss instead with infantile jeering and mocking.

Fact is I used to smoke the stuff regularly, when I was younger, so I'm speaking from my own experience, and the experience of those around me. Dope makes you lazy, distorts your thinking and smoking anything is bad for the respiratory system. 

It's common knowledge and documented in so many places, like this one: https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/health-effects/index.html

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Now you're attacking the poster rather than debating the content. If I told you I'd never tried drugs, you'd dismiss me as ignorant. The fact that I have tried them you dismiss instead with infantile jeering and mocking.

Fact is I used to smoke the stuff regularly, when I was younger, so I'm speaking from my own experience, and the experience of those around me. Dope makes you lazy, distorts your thinking and smoking anything is bad for the respiratory system. 

While I can't disagree that smoking is bad for your respiratory system saying cannabis makes you lazy it depends if you smoke a Indica or a sativa, but I would have thought you would have known that?

Also Google famous and rich people who smoke cannabis.... you will be either amazed or possibly you won't believe it, 

You say you smoked cannabis when you were younger did you know the strains?

I very much doubt it. 

You don't need to reply because personally I really don't care. 

11 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

Admitting defeat? Fine. But you really do care, because you grow the stuff and offer it for sale, so you have a vested interest.

What about this then?

https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/health-effects/mental-health.html

Edited by dbrenn
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Greeneyes said:

While I can't disagree that smoking is bad for your respiratory system saying cannabis makes you lazy it depends if you smoke a Indica or a sativa, but I would have thought you would have known that?

Also Google famous and rich people who smoke cannabis.... you will be either amazed or possibly you won't believe it, 

You say you smoked cannabis when you were younger did you know the strains?

I very much doubt it. 

Yeah, a lot of people who smoke dope regularly dont.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Yeah, a lot of people who smoke dope regularly dont.

True, all the dope I ever saw was offered for sale using all kinds of funky descriptions and nicknames, or just weed in plain heat sealed or ziplock bags. Nobody really gave a toss about strains, so long as it got you wasted.

Perhaps I was an amateur. 99% of people are.

Edited by dbrenn

46 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

True, all the dope I ever saw was offered for sale using all kinds of funky descriptions and nicknames, or just weed in plain heat sealed or ziplock bags. Nobody really gave a toss about strains, so long as it got you wasted.

Perhaps I was an amateur. 99% of people are.

Most of the stuff I bought wasn't. It was the solid stuff that went soft when you applied a heater (lighter) to one corner. It was a 'teenth' for a tense seven quid and it never went up or down. 😃

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

I rather have my child playing football, but hey, each to his own, a parent has to do what they think is best for their child even if that includes taking drugs I suppose.

When quoting, quote the whole sentence please. Now you make @RedBirdy look like some weirdo who helps his kid getting an addiction 😂

16 hours ago, RedBirdy said:

however id rather have my child smoking herb occasionally than processed cigarettes' or developing a taste for alcohol

The whole quote. I agree with this, that if there's a choice, I'd rather have my kid smoke Marijuana than causing chaos somewhere being drunk. For as far as I know, high people have never caused chaos anywhere. 

25 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

When quoting, quote the whole sentence please. Now you make @RedBirdy look like some weirdo who helps his kid getting an addiction 😂

The whole quote. I agree with this, that if there's a choice, I'd rather have my kid smoke Marijuana than causing chaos somewhere being drunk. For as far as I know, high people have never caused chaos anywhere. 

Marijuana, like anything can have negative effects and either cause or contribute to acts of violence as discussed in the attached research.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7084484/

Overuse of something that may give you a temporary high, can also then drag you down into a state of depression, even paranoia, after the effects of the high reduce.

Equally for others it may seem to have no discernable change in their demeanour or activity. But, like any drug, like in fact anything we put into our bodies, our bodies may react differently.

If the "high" gets too normal, then people may choose to turn to harsher drugs to restore that level of difference. In such cases, the use of marijuana may not be the cause, but it certainly maybe the catalyst for increasing problems.

Be careful and check that a lust for a quick high is not offset by far worse effects.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Which ever way you look at it, it is as broad as it's long, I personally wouldn't like my offspring doing any of those things, but I would never interfere with other parents on their parenting skills. 

If my child said to me can I have a fag dad, in all honesty I don't think my reply to him would be 'I'd rather you smoked pot son'. 🚬💨🥴

13 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

Marijuana, like anything can have negative effects and either cause or contribute to acts of violence as discussed in the attached research.

I seriously yet have to meet anyone using it and being aggressive. And trust me, I've known a sht ton of people who use it. It would be weird if I know exactly the only ones who are not violent😂 But like I mentioned, once they have to quit, some of them might become violent. 

16 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

Overuse of something that may give you a temporary high, can also then drag you down into a state of depression, even paranoia, after the effects of the high reduce.

Overuse of anything can do that. If this is about confronting me on my point that Marijuana is less bad than alcohol.... I wonder what you have to say about the dangers of alcohol. They are much bigger. 

17 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

Equally for others it may seem to have no discernable change in their demeanour or activity. But, like any drug, like in fact anything we put into our bodies, our bodies may react differently.

That's true, that's why we also shouldn't say Marijuana is the worst thing we can use. Some people make it sound like that. For some people it's not a good fit. Other people use it and are completely cool. 

19 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

If the "high" gets too normal, then people may choose to turn to harsher drugs to restore that level of difference. In such cases, the use of marijuana may not be the cause, but it certainly maybe the catalyst for increasing problems

Interesting point. This is why we shouldn't make people silent on drugs and if there's a conversation, don't approach it biased. Some drugs can really change people's life in a positive way. We should teach people from a certain age and up about what drugs are totally bad, as in literally nothing good comes out of it. Also what drugs can help in some ways, and how to use it responsibly. If you teach this to young teenagers already, they might approach drugs with way more respect and knowledge and others won't do drugs but at least know why, other than 'bad'. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

If my child said to me can I have a fag dad, in all honesty I don't think my reply to him would be 'I'd rather you smoked pot son'.

That sounds like a whole different approach than what he meant. Or else I'm seeing it wrong. Just a 'no' as answer is alright. 

However, if you had the choice of having your kid come home with cigarettes/alcohol/becoming an alcoholic OR smoking Marijuana, and ONLY those were the choices, my choice is easily made. 

Adding to that, that my kid has to know how to respect it and not use it recklessly. 

4 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

That sounds like a whole different approach than what he meant. Or else I'm seeing it wrong. Just a 'no' as answer is alright. 

However, if you had the choice of having your kid come home with cigarettes/alcohol/becoming an alcoholic OR smoking Marijuana, and ONLY those were the choices, my choice is easily made. 

Adding to that, that my kid has to know how to respect it and not use it recklessly. 

You're the parent, you bring up your child as you think best. But please don't come out with rediculous statements like, "if you had the choice".....those are not the only choices though are they, those are your choices you have chosen. In reality I don't want my son to become pothead, whether you have seen it or not smoking pot is not good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jerm138 said:

I'm not going to insult you like most people would, but I will say that you are very misinformed if you think they are equally as bad. Alcohol is FAR worse in pretty much any metric you can look at. Alcohol is a deadly poison. You can accidentally drink yourself to death in one sitting (and it happens quite frequently.) There are ZERO recorded incidents of someone dying from a weed overdose... it's just not possible. Cannabis doesn't make people violent like alcohol (quite the opposite, actually.) Cannabis is not chemically addictive like alcohol (stopping alcohol can literally kill you. Stopping cannabis, at worse, causes mild irritability for a few days.)

Again, I'm not trying to insult you, but please look into actual facts before making such a horribly misinformed statement.

I was prescribed cannabis in 2014, only used it for a few months, to say it’s not addictive is a complete fallacy, it’s derived from the thought that it has no effect on dopamine receptors. That doesn’t mean it’s not addictive, that was a myth created by “cannabis users”. I’ve never heard of someone stopping alcohol and dying, that makes no sense.

You can overdose on alcohol, but you can also overdose on water, if you want to go into health reproductions I’d still say both are equally as bad. Actually alcohol in small quantities has no health reproductions, on the contrary smoking cannabis will have negative effects on your lungs, cardiovascular system, and increase your chances of cancer. 

I’ve seen lives ruined both from cannabis and alcohol, so I will stick to what I said with both being equally as bad. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Actually alcohol in small quantities has no health reproductions, on the contrary smoking cannabis will have negative effects on your lungs, cardiovascular system, and increase your chances of cancer. 

Smoking Cannabis in small quantities occasionally also has no "health reproductions".

2 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

You're the parent, you bring up your child as you think best. But please don't come out with rediculous statements like, "if you had the choice".....those are not the only choices though are they, those are your choices you have chosen. In reality I don't want my son to become pothead, whether you have seen it or not smoking pot is not good.

A lot of people read each other's first line and immediately seem to know the rest of the post. You should read until the end. But that seems standard procedure on The Thaiger. 

If you know how to use it respectfully, you won't become what you call a pothead. That'd be like you drink a glass of beer and I call you an alcoholic. 

Being reckless, then, yes, you'll be addicted. 

Now, there won't be anyone just telling their child: Hey! Smoke this! 🤪

But when my child will show up with Marijuana vs cigarettes/alcohol. I would actually be understanding, like every parent should, and explain the details about both. I wouldn't be as protective if it was Marijuana, but I would teach how not to abuse it. 

You talk about 'not the only choices' while your choice seems just 'no'. You seem to have only 1 choice. That way the kids will either wonder what it's like and get more likely triggered to try it out. That, or they'll be completely negative forever and shut the doors on something that has some positive effects if being used in a respectful way. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

A lot of people read each other's first line and immediately seem to know the rest of the post. You should read until the end. But that seems standard procedure on The Thaiger. 

If you know how to use it respectfully, you won't become what you call a pothead. That'd be like you drink a glass of beer and I call you an alcoholic. 

Being reckless, then, yes, you'll be addicted. 

Now, there won't be anyone just telling their child: Hey! Smoke this! 🤪

But when my child will show up with Marijuana vs cigarettes/alcohol. I would actually be understanding, like every parent should, and explain the details about both. I wouldn't be as protective if it was Marijuana, but I would teach how not to abuse it. 

You talk about 'not the only choices' while your choice seems just 'no'. You seem to have only 1 choice. That way the kids will either wonder what it's like and get more likely triggered to try it out. That, or they'll be completely negative forever and shut the doors on something that has some positive effects if being used in a respectful way. 

Yes there are two choices, one being leave it alone, the other choice could lead to long term mental issues. And those that say 'in moderation' well it doesn't always work out like that for everyone now does it.

Now at this point can I just say that I feel this exchange of words between you and I is like having a debate on how Pit Bull Terriers can be, of course the owners of such a beast are going to say 'my Satan wouldn't harm a fly' and the day after it bites someone's head off.

So let's stop wasting each others time, I will never be convinced that taking pot is not harmful, there is enough evidence out there to prove the fact.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, dj230 said:

I was prescribed cannabis in 2014, only used it for a few months, to say it’s not addictive is a complete fallacy, it’s derived from the thought that it has no effect on dopamine receptors. That doesn’t mean it’s not addictive, that was a myth created by “cannabis users”. I’ve never heard of someone stopping alcohol and dying, that makes no sense.

You can overdose on alcohol, but you can also overdose on water, if you want to go into health reproductions I’d still say both are equally as bad. Actually alcohol in small quantities has no health reproductions, on the contrary smoking cannabis will have negative effects on your lungs, cardiovascular system, and increase your chances of cancer. 

I’ve seen lives ruined both from cannabis and alcohol, so I will stick to what I said with both being equally as bad. 

True - weed is habit forming - as is anything else that gets you high. You do it with your friends, then you can't be bothered meeting friends who are not doing it. If you stop doing it, you have to change your circle of friends. Fact is that most successful people don't do it, so your social circle becomes limited.

Edited by dbrenn

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

Yes there are two choices, one being leave it alone, the other choice could lead to long term mental issues. And those that say 'in moderation' well it doesn't always work out like that for everyone now does it.

That's why I mentioned elsewhere in this topic, teach young teenagers about the dangers of bad drugs, and the dangers of overusing drugs that can help. They only help if you approach it with respect. 

Now at this point can I just say that I feel this exchange of words between you and I is like having a debate on how Pit Bull Terriers can be, of course the owners of such a beast are going to say 'my Satan wouldn't harm a fly' and the day after it bites someone's head off.

I do understand you actually. Maybe a bad experience in life, or something that you've seen before, could make you think it's all bad. 

I, for example, am slightly biased against alcohol as my family abused it when I was a kid. Maybe in some other posts you might have seen that I don't really understand why people even like to get drunk😂

And I get that of course you'd rather want your kid to be clean rather than using drugs. But if there's any choice of drugs, I'm happier with my kid using Marijuana than some hard core stuff like heroin. 

Pot is harmful if misused and a constant thing in someone's life. You'll see any life long pot smoker is like a goofy old man at the end of his life. They seem happy tho😂 But smoking it occasionally won't do much harm actually. 

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

You probably have nice friends.... but weed isn't always benign....

https://attackersmokedcannabis.com/

But what else did they use? Were they already mentally a bit odd? It's easy to blame it on Marijuana. 

Someone said, was it you (?) (bit too lazy to scroll through the messages) that people smoking Marijuana lose motivation quickly and become lazy. 

I guess we can't have it both ways😂 Guess the guys who choose violence have quite a lot of motivation. 

Either you use some over the top type of Marijuana, or used other drugs. With normal Marijuana and a normal mental health, violence wouldn't happen. 

The same could be said about alcohol.

There are always people who overindulge and get intoproblems, equally already troubled and unstable people often get drawn to alcohol, cannabis or other drugs.

At the same time, there are those who consume moderately for decades without any adverse effects on their body or psyche.

The choice is not yours to make for everyone else.

1 hour ago, astro said:

The same could be said about alcohol.

There are always people who overindulge and get intoproblems, equally already troubled and unstable people often get drawn to alcohol, cannabis or other drugs.

At the same time, there are those who consume moderately for decades without any adverse effects on their body or psyche.

The choice is not yours to make for everyone else.

The same could be said of shoving nitrogen gas up your nose, that still doesn't merit the usage of pot.

Can I make one thing absolutely clear, I am not bothered if every man and his dog and all the king's horses and all the king's men want to take pot and space themselves out whilst chanting "groovy man", I don't.

And if father's are in favour of their sibling getting high on a drug that might or can leave long term mental illness that is their parogitive, however irresponsible it may be, it is not for me I am afraid.

But just don't blame me when your youngest walks in the house looking and acting like Neil from The Young Ones.😂😂😂

Edited by Faz
image removed
  • Like 1