1 Year Extension 2.18 Family member of a Thai National

CaptainAnthony

I highlighted what is relevant to me. My daughter is 15-Years-Old and the divorce papers say I have 100 percent custody and responsibility. 

What other document would I need besides the divorce decree?

The 400,000b does not mention seasoning. 

Is there a list of documents? 

I am assuming, Birth Certificate, Divorce Decree, and bank book with 400,000b.

Anything else?

2.18 In the case of being a family member (1) The alien must have been granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM). of a Thai national (applicable only to (2) The alien must have proof of relationship. parents, spouse, children, adopted (3) In the case of spouse, the relationship must be de jure and de facto: or children, or spouse’s children): (4) In the case of children, adopted children, or spouse's children, said children, adopted children, or spouse's children must not be married, must live with the alien as Each permission shall be granted for no part of the family, and must not be over 20 years of age except in case of the person more than one year. hereof is of illness or disability and cannot live without support of father or mother: or Translated by Siam Translation. The translation of this document is for information purposes only. (5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year. In case the father of mother requests to be under maintenance of children, the age of father or mother must be 50 years of age or over. For other necessary cases, the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Immigration Bureau is granted the authority to make decisions regarding approval on a case-by-case basis. (6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

I should have noted, that I am here on retirement. My plan is to take the 400,000 I don't need and buy Baht Gold with it. I would be changing from Retirement to taking care of a Thai.  I got divorce this past November.

Hi CA and welcome to the forum.

Note when changing the reason of your stay from retirement to Thai child, any new extension will be dated from the date of application, not from the expiry date of your current extension.
Any original documents + two sets of copies are required.

7 hours ago, CaptainAnthony said:

The 400,000b does not mention seasoning. 

No seasoning period required based on Thai child. 400K on the day of application.

7 hours ago, CaptainAnthony said:

Is there a list of documents? 

I am assuming, Birth Certificate, Divorce Decree, and bank book with 400,000b.

There is a document checklist but very vague and scarce with what will actually be requested.
138-2557 (2014) Docs for extensions - ENG.pdf  Section 2.18

Attached my own recommended universal list of documents, with notes, that you should consider submitting. Docs extension of stay based on Thai child..pdf