News Forum - Thailand to welcome Russian travellers back this Saturday, really?@!, Ukraine Discussion

Thaiger

56 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

I don't know.  but I admit that these people could have been killed by anyone in the chaos of war.

No further comment. We are way off topic here.

• Like 1

Just now, KRLMRX said:

We have already played this game with you.  

if this man tortured your sister who married him for 8 years and then just killed her, then yes, you have the right to break into his house.  

But we live in the real world, not in an action movie, right, where there are more complex relations between states?

If's and buts are all you have, needless to say I will play your game. 

'If' Putin hadn't invaded there would be no killings, no destroying of cities are you still with us? 

Your last sentence really takes the biscuit though, "not in an action movie" so can we take it from what you say it doesn't matter about innocent men women and children being slaughtered, you come across as a very uncaring and cold person Karl. Hopefully one day the Ukrainians will have their day in court and justice will be served.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

No further comment. We are way off topic here.

Yes I agree, I've had as much as I can take from the Putin apollogists, I'm out of here and will go find a dark room to lie down in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vvdb.fr said:

how can a russian plane land in thailand if it is not properly maintained ?

Fleet maintenance systems are disabled...

in the coming months, or maybe years - only by foreign airlines.  Business will fill this niche if it is not banned by Western governments.

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

If's and buts are all you have, needless to say I will play your game. 

'If' Putin hadn't invaded there would be no killings, no destroying of cities are you still with us? 

Your last sentence really takes the biscuit though, "not in an action movie" so can we take it from what you say it doesn't matter about innocent men women and children being slaughtered, you come across as a very uncaring and cold person Karl. Hopefully one day the Ukrainians will have their day in court and justice will be served.

I and most of the normal people in the world regret the deaths of the military on both sides and especially the civilians.

it’s hard for you to understand, but for most Russians, Ukrainians are not just neighbors in another country, they are relatives, friends, good acquaintances.

And in order to find out the true reasons for what is happening, it is not enough to read the mainstream media, you need to study the history of the issue and cause-and-effect relationships with a cool head. Otherwise, we will get another myths, which will subsequently lead to even greater victims.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, vvdb.fr said:

how can a russian plane land in thailand if it is not properly maintained ?

Fleet maintenance systems are disabled...

The solution: They use the planes from the "friendly countries", whom they allow into Russia. Thai Airways, Turkish, Chinese Airlines, the one or the other from the Golf region, India. Just to name some of them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KRLMRX said:

I and most of the normal people in the world regret the deaths of the military on both sides and especially the civilians.

it’s hard for you to understand, but for most Russians, Ukrainians are not just neighbors in another country, they are relatives, friends, good acquaintances.

And in order to find out the true reasons for what is happening, it is not enough to read the mainstream media, you need to study the history of the issue and cause-and-effect relationships with a cool head. Otherwise, we will get another myths, which will subsequently lead to even greater victims.

More gobbledygook spin, where do we start with your latest offering.

"I and most of the normal people in the world regret the deaths of the military on both sides and especially the civilians."

Can we at least agree that without Russia's intervention that there would be no deaths.?

"it’s hard for you to understand, but for most Russians, Ukrainians are not just neighbors in another country, they are relatives, friends, good acquaintances."

Which makes it even harder to understand why you are killing the Ukranians, "relatives, friends, good acquaintances" are not normally in the habit of doing this to one another. If you were that good friends and the rest you claim I am sure that the Ukranians would embrace you and not want shut of you, so on that one as it has been shown I shall call total nonsense.

"And in order to find out the true reasons for what is happening, it is not enough to read the mainstream media, you need to study the history of the issue and cause-and-effect relationships with a cool head. Otherwise, we will get another myths, which will subsequently lead to even greater victims."

Every man and his dog appears to pretty much know what's going on, the only people who are not interested in the truth are the ones that believe everything that Putin tells him, now in all fairness I just cannot put my finger on it of whether your protestations are down to party allegiance or you are just too embarrassed to admit the catastrophic failure of Putin and his dysfunctional embarrassment of his so called army.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Typical Nordic la la land naivety.
LIke those Nordic girls going “ hiking” in Morocco, believing all cultures are equal & welcoming, ignoring common sense & visual evidence, ended up raped, beheaded & very dead.

Replace “ Morocco” with Russia for Reality Check 🤣

Russia would eat Norway for breakfast without NATO ! Russia is “nice” to Norway for self- interest only. 

It is only the propaganda land of the NATO and UK press that Russia intends to invade Norway.

And IF we DID get invaded, NATO would not send a cartridge to us. They would keep focus on the continental Europe.  

Actually, Scandinavia is a very minor and off-beat strategic route for Russia compared to continental Europe. 

16 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

It is only the propaganda land of the NATO and UK press that Russia intends to invade Norway.

And IF we DID get invaded, NATO would not send a cartridge to us. They would keep focus on the continental Europe.  

Actually, Scandinavia is a very minor and off-beat strategic route for Russia compared to continental Europe. 

If Putins thugs can't beat the Ukraine then they have no chance against professional western armies. 

49 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

You dont have to read very much. This is Czar Putins attempt to re-create the Russian empire.

Russian tourists may not be aware of this but I imagine it will be brought to their attention soon enough.

Imagine paying for a holiday and having to spend your entire time  explaining to westerners with free access to news sources how Czar Putin is right with his illegal invasion of the Ukraine.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

If Putins thugs can't beat the Ukraine then they have no chance against professional western armies. 

The Ukraine soldiers are REAL men and fight for their country. Of course they will fight better than a bunch of entitled mercenaries. 

These "professional" armies hardly ever win anything they start. "professionals" were in Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan and Syria and none of these places ended up with the way they wanted. 

This is a conflict where two neighbors have been brought into fighting each other due to complex global proxy play.  Without NATO agitation, there would be no war. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

You are the first to write to me that I deviate. check.

Just like in Bucha, if you want to know the truth, you need to conduct an honest investigation.

And not to make an attraction out of this by showing European officials the bodies of the dead, as President Zelensky is doing now.

Why is there no multilateral independent investigation into the events in Bucha?

Already the firm validated satellite & ground evidence against Russia is the Overwhelming Truth.No Reasonable Doubt of Multiple Russian War Crimes.

Mockery for Perpetrator Russians to, as usual, talk about “ an attraction” or “ protocol” & that THEY should be allowed “ investigation” rights. Pathetic.

Cheap Obvious Trick to try to access & corrupt the evidence against them. Despicable & Obscene. Same circus re. MH 777 shoot-down.

Russian UN Rep. moaning about UN “meeting protocol” when summoned to discuss Bucha massacre. 

Nazis were not called to “investigate “ Holocaust atrocities. This practice only works in (Russian) Criminal Minds.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

53 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

No mention of Russia invading Norway until you mentioned that. Geography not required. 

NATO would bolster Norway which has highly strategic coastline & energy. You appear to know nothing important. Ready for that hike in friendly Iraq? 

5 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

The mayor of Buchi is a man and he is alive and well, shows the corpse to Lord von der Leyen and gives an interview to CNN.

2 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

You completely lost it. Norway is a full NATO member and will fall under the NATO umbrella if attacked.
Many NATO forces train in the North of arctic Norway .
And don't forget Norway is the point to intercept Russian navy vessels comming from Murmansk.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dialemco said:

Now try exchange rate against US Dollar not depreciating Thai Baht

This topic is about Russian tourists coming to Thailand, I don't see the relevance of comparing with the US $. Last I checked Thailand's official currency is the baht.

6 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

The west should take every country on that list who voted against and remove them from their foreign aid programs. 

Its ok. Im sure Russia and China will fill the aid gap.

Normally I don't agree with most of the stuffs you wrote but in this case I have to agree. Removing aids from them is probably the best non confrontative non military actions the west can take to persuade those countries from supporting Russia.

9 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Surely the “ home” of Disinformation would be Unfree Tyrannies eg Russia, China, Iran, where every word can be presumed a Fabricated Lie & can only be challenged / exposed by Free Nations.  USA -originated lies are swiftly exposed inside USA, a Free Nation. 

Free nations? I am not even sure how far stupidity has to go that one really believes that. I mean it and nothing else. Capital letter to write the Tyranny?? Pathetic… enjoy life and that i mean it.

2 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Can we at least agree that without Russia's intervention that there would be no deaths.?

of course yes.  

but this invasion did not just happen out of nowhere.  

This invasion would not have happened without 8 years of Ukraine's military operation in the Donbass and the deaths of thousands of civilians.  And this, in turn, would not have happened if "pro-Western" forces plus outright neo-Nazis had not come to power in Ukraine in 2014 (what an interesting alliance).  And so on into the depths of history.  

There are ALWAYS causes and consequences, this is how our physical world works.  To ignore this is to engage in self-deception.

3 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Which makes it even harder to understand why you are killing the Ukranians, "relatives, friends, good acquaintances" are not normally in the habit of doing this to one another. If you were that good friends and the rest you claim I am sure that the Ukranians would embrace you and not want shut of you, so on that one as it has been shown I shall call total nonsense.

that is why I wrote about the complexity of understanding you.

by many in Russia, the desire of Ukrainians to join Europe, forgetting about a common history, is a betrayal.

Not all Ukrainians want to break with Russia and join the "European family of peoples." This is a tragedy for both the Ukrainian and Russian peoples.

3 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Every man and his dog appears to pretty much know what's going on, the only people who are not interested in the truth are the ones that believe everything that Putin tells him, now in all fairness I just cannot put my finger on it of whether your protestations are down to party allegiance or you are just too embarrassed to admit the catastrophic failure of Putin and his dysfunctional embarrassment of his so called army.

if by knowledge you mean the paradigm "crazy Putin loves to kill children, that's why he invaded Ukraine, and free nations are trying to stop him", then no, sorry, you're wrong.  

I don't believe Putin's talk.  The party, of course, matters.  

But the main thing is the economic system, which is the REASON and motivation for all the actions of the real owners of this world and their managers in governments.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

You dont have to read very much. This is Czar Putins attempt to re-create the Russian empire.

Russian tourists may not be aware of this but I imagine it will be brought to their attention soon enough.

Imagine paying for a holiday and having to spend your entire time  explaining to westerners with free access to news sources how Czar Putin is right with his illegal invasion of the Ukraine.

I highly doubt that in Thailand western tourists will hunt down Russians to tell them they are wrong.

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Already the firm validated satellite & ground evidence against Russia is the Overwhelming Truth.No Reasonable Doubt of Multiple Russian War Crimes.

On Maxar satellite images, we see the bodies of the dead.  But we don't see who killed them.  

A video appeared on the Russian segment of the Internet with supposedly Ukrainian soldiers laying out corpses in Bucha.  BBC has a video of dead bodies on the road, Russia has this video.  Why is the BBC video more true?

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Nazis were not called to “investigate “ Holocaust atrocities. This practice only works in (Russian) Criminal Minds.

don't call the Russians on this investigation.  there are many other nations.  Just do it.  

What are you afraid of?  

Today, Hungarian Prime Minister Orban called for an independent investigation into the events in Bucha.  Why do you have a "Nazi" in the EU?

16 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Putin invaded the Ukraine without justification. What negotiations should happen? He needs to pull his troops out and stand trial for war crimes. Anything else is appeasement. 

Russia has a veto on the UN's security council so what actions can it take?

We as countries, individuals and groups do what is best for us, we make alignments based on self interest, then they change, and then they change again, it has been like that for thousands of years, look at history, right and wrong shifts based on results.

Human nature.

There will be no war crimes regarding this conflict against Russia, too much self interest. It will not happen.

Many examples but I will mention one of the many, three million Vietnamese dead, any war crimes agains the USA?

1 hour ago, KRLMRX said:

that is why I wrote about the complexity of understanding you.

by many in Russia, the desire of Ukrainians to join Europe, forgetting about a common history, is a betrayal.

Not all Ukrainians want to break with Russia and join the "European family of peoples." This is a tragedy for both the Ukrainian and Russian peoples.

Not the place of any nation to deny the peaceful wishes of another. Let Russians wallow in their unfree brutal misery without the true tragedy of  inflicting that on others outside their borders.