News Forum - Thailand to welcome Russian travellers back this Saturday, really?@!, Ukraine Discussion

Thaiger

On 4/7/2022 at 1:46 PM, Noble_Design said:

This announcement came just when the Ruble almost goes back to pre-war & pre-sanction rates. Coincidence?

image.png.277959f56007b4663e70bf32734a0483.png

Now try exchange rate against US Dollar not depreciating Thai Baht

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 1:34 PM, MrNovax said:

Good for Thailand!  The average Russian citizen has nothing to do with Putin's war and more counties should realize that all these dumb restrictions, sanctions, and other idiotic ideas hurt innocent people who have nothing to do with all this foolishness.  Hopefully this will allow people who want to leave Russia to get out and those trapped outside of Russia and removed from their family's to get back to them.  

Unfortunately Russians young men have been conscripted into Russian Army many of whom have died needlessly owing Putin's War

• Like 4

the last time I flew from Russia to Thailand was a Kazakh airline.

The only way to keep Russian tourists out of Thailand is to ban foreign airlines from flying from Russia. It is unlikely that this will happen with Chinese, Turkish and Arab airlines.

And I do not recall that, walking along the Patong beach and hearing English or German speech, I had a desire to reproach the speaker for the invasions of his country. Perhaps I was brought up wrong.

5 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

The only way to keep Russian tourists out of Thailand is to ban foreign airlines from flying from Russia. It is unlikely that this will happen with Chinese, Turkish and Arab airlines.

And I do not recall that, walking along the Patong beach and hearing English or German speech, I had a desire to reproach the speaker for the invasions of his country. Perhaps I was brought up wrong.

If you believe Czar Putins invasion of the Ukraine was justified then yes, you were brought up wrong.

Any comment on the deliberate targeting of a railway station killing over 50 civilians some of whom were children?

• Like 3

On 4/8/2022 at 12:45 AM, Noble_Design said:

You might want to take Myanmar out and expand that list by a whole lot more:

BcdGIc.thumb.jpg.44ad0d6d4e64c897c31ee69f81773cdf.jpg

The west should take every country on that list who voted against and remove them from their foreign aid programs. 

Its ok. Im sure Russia and China will fill the aid gap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

So what? Sanctions dont work except for where they're 'imposed.' Most Asian countries dont 'do' sanctions. They've got more sense.

Would be damaging if we refused to go to Thailand. So you're ok with Thailand embracing a butcher. oh i forgot Prayut is already sleeping with the Myanmar junta.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

Why would you want to bring that up if your on Holiday ??? a conversation opener ?

22 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

ny comment on the deliberate targeting of a railway station killing over 50 civilians some of whom were children?

You are the first to write to me that I deviate. check.

Just like in Bucha, if you want to know the truth, you need to conduct an honest investigation.

And not to make an attraction out of this by showing European officials the bodies of the dead, as President Zelensky is doing now.

Why is there no multilateral independent investigation into the events in Bucha?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, vlad said:

Would be damaging if we refused to go to Thailand. So you're ok with Thailand embracing a butcher. oh i forgot Prayut is already sleeping with the Myanmar junta.

Wild assumptions..........based on zero logic. The rantings of someone distant. 😃

• Like 3

Just now, KRLMRX said:

You are the first to write to me that I deviate. check.

Just like in Bucha, if you want to know the truth, you need to conduct an honest investigation.

And not to make an attraction out of this by showing European officials the bodies of the dead, as President Zelensky is doing now.

Why is there no multilateral independent investigation into the events in Bucha?

One of the people tortured then executed in Bucha was the towns mayor. Do you REALLY think the Ukrainians are doing that to their own people?

No they are not. She and her familly were killed because they refused to help Putins thugs.

Your denial of the reality going on inside the Ukraine paints you as very sympathetic to one side of the conflict.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, vlad said:

Why would you want to bring that up if your on Holiday ??? a conversation opener ?

I commented on the article and some belligerent claims that Russians should be pursued on the beaches of Thailand. Do you have any problems with this?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

Back in 2003, I was working in a facility in central Osaka with 800 staff from 20 countries. Among them were 100 or so Americans. There was tension; many of those from the other nations brought up the invasion of Iraq and reproached their American coworkers. It was an unjust invasion and the world was right to ask questions.

Inevitable that Russian people will field similar questions now. Different invasion, but also unjust.

Just because there is a precedent doesn’t make a barbaric action correct.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

One of the people tortured then executed in Bucha was the towns mayor. Do you REALLY think the Ukrainians are doing that to their own people?

No they are not. She and her familly were killed because they refused to help Putins thugs.

Your denial of the reality going on inside the Ukraine paints you as very sympathetic to one side of the conflict.

everything you wrote is a lie, a media headline and a false accusation.

The mayor of Buchi is a man and he is alive and well, shows the corpse to Lord von der Leyen and gives an interview to CNN.

https://youtu.be/jaUmLlsMQqw

Edited by KRLMRX

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

So what? Sanctions dont work except for where they're 'imposed.' Most Asian countries dont 'do' sanctions. They've got more sense.

And most asian countries have very small economies so irrelevant.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

everything you wrote is a lie, a media headline and a false accusation.

The mayor of Buchi is a man and he is alive and well, shows the corpse to Lord von der Leyen and gives an interview to CNN.

https://youtu.be/jaUmLlsMQqw

My mistake. She was the head of a village outside of Bucha.

Head of village near Bucha killed with family in Ukraine - BBC News

Is that a lie?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Back in 2003, I was working in a facility in central Osaka with 800 staff from 20 countries. Among them were 100 or so Americans. There was tension; many of those from the other nations brought up the invasion of Iraq and reproached their American coworkers. It was an unjust invasion and the world was right to ask questions.

Inevitable that Russian people will field similar questions now. Different invasion, but also unjust.

Just because there is a precedent doesn’t make a barbaric action correct.

I am ready to answer any question of an adequate questioner.

Aggression towards ordinary people on the beach will only cause reciprocal aggression.

The problem is that in the mainstream media you will hardly find information about the barbarity of the Ukrainian side, and therefore it seems to you that the world has been divided into bad Russians and good Ukrainians.

The world, as always, is more complicated.

• Like 2

Anyway can we please get back on topic.

Personally I have no animosity towards individual Russian tourists. However as a group I would suggest that its best if they were not in Thailand owing to a couple of things.

1. Russia is at war with the Ukraine after an illegal invasion with NO justification. At some point this is going to be mentioned to those tourists by others and circumstances may become somewhat heated. Especially where alcohol is involved.

2. Polls show that the majority of Russians support Czar Putins illegal invasion of the Ukraine. This means they condone it. People who condone such acts knowing it results in the deaths of thousands of civilians including women and children should not be accommodated in any way. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

Aggression towards ordinary people on the beach will only cause reciprocal aggression.

The problem is that in the mainstream media you will hardly find information about the barbarity of the Ukrainian side, and therefore it seems to you that the world has been divided into bad Russians and good Ukrainians.

Don't ignore the obvious in the first place......the Russians should not be there! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Marble-eye said:

Don't ignore the obvious in the first place......the Russians should not be there! 

in other words, can the barbarism of the Ukrainian military be justified by an illegal Russian invasion?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

Valid comment, KRLMRX and if you recall 2003, there was a lot of bad blood directed at Americans. I know Americans who put Canadian flags on their backpacks to prevent harassment when traveling. Fair that ordinary citizens should be harassed for the actions of their governments? Probably not, but it does stimulate introspection on the action of one’s government. 

The “bad Russian, good Ukrainian” dichotomy you mention is not that different from the “bad America, poor old Iraq” scenario 19 years ago. Widespread support in the invading countries; condemnation elsewhere. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

in other words, can the barbarism of the Ukrainian military be justified by an illegal Russian invasion?

Can you not see the nonsense in your posts, a man breaks into my house and I hit him, am I correct in thinking that in your opinion the blame would fall on me.

• Like 3

Back on the topic at hand, should Russians be allowed to travel? Yes, I think so. Americans were allowed to in 2003. 

Fake pretexts in both invasions.

Will Russians be called out for the actions of their governm… er President? (Sorry I forgot it’s only one guy who calls the shots there so no functioning government per se) - You betcha. And so they should.

Beach road, 2022:

Tourist A: Where are you from, mate?

Tourist B: Moscow, Russia.

Tourist A: Cool man, do you support Spartak or are you a Lokomotiv man?*

Tourist A’s second question ain’t happening folks. It’s going to be all about the invasion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Can you not see the nonsense in your posts, a man breaks into my house and I hit him, am I correct in thinking that in your opinion the blame would fall on me.

We have already played this game with you.  

if this man tortured your sister who married him for 8 years and then just killed her, then yes, you have the right to break into his house.  

But we live in the real world, not in an action movie, right, where there are more complex relations between states?

• Like 1