News Forum - Russian flights keep arriving in Thailand, for now

Thaiger

1 hour ago, yselmike said:

Add sporting and cultural ties to your list.look where being "fair" has got us,should have crushed them when we had the chance.Let them get into bed with the Chinese,that will put the fear of God into the average Russian citizen.

Where has it got you?

6 hours ago, Searat said:

Allowing Russian flights to continue might be good for the economy but it is tacit approval for one of the most brutal and unwarranted events I have seen in my lifetime. 

And what about the war in Irak? Ah it was the US then, their wars are never brutal and always justified.

Also just in case you have not seen in the news, but thousands of BRAVE russians have been protesting in major russian cities AGAINST the war, 100s have been arrested, a brutal repression against anyone protesting by...the same guy that went to war (https://www.axios.com/photos-people-protest-russia-war-against-ukraine-c7fecd0e-6dfe-436f-8959-7016797ceeca.html). It is not the Russian people that went to war, it is Putin. By not allowing russians to come on holiday in Thailand, you punish russian people and thai people's businesses. I do not think Putin could not care less.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

What utter crap.

Ban the flights and send the Russians already here home.

The only way to influence Putin and halt the chosen slaughter of Ukrainians is to assault Putin's base economically. Respectfully, any Russian in-country meets that definition. Putin's base is the oligarchs and the other wealthy people, not the average 'Ivan' on the street/farm nor members of government, etc.

The best policy now is target the Oligarchs/Wealthy with everything that the West has; go after the foreign bank accounts, go after the property, remove the right of travel, target each and every investment, Sanction every private jet, drive the Ruble out of existence, sanction Russian families and low-level staff who hide their monies and don't let up. Those people need to learn the price of Putin, and to understand that it is not worth paying anymore.

The lesson to drive home is that while perhaps Putin helped you get rich, you only stay that way by the graces of the more economically-powerful. If you don't comply, enjoy your holidays in North Korea.

Follow the money, always follow the money.

There you said it, it's the West that has a problem with Russia not Thailand. So Thailand should do what is best for their country and their people. If banning Russian people coming here would do more harm economically to Thais then there's no reason to do that at all.

The West may sanction or even go to war with Russia but I don't see why Thailand needs to do the same at the moment. Do it for a good or noble cause? Sure but that won't be filling hungry stomachs of those depending on Russian tourists money.

And if Thailand didn't ban and repatriate Americans back in 2003 for invading Iraq without a UN mandate and despite international condemnation, why should they do that to the Russians now?

• Like 5

this guys are russians or Ukrainians ?

If Ukrainians, sure they are going to stay for ever, they will disappear in thai forest or will become buddhist monk !

11 minutes ago, Tobert said:

Thailand should show that they are against what russia is doing now and refuse russian planes to enter thai airspace, as other countries have done

What if these planes are full of asylum seekers?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poolie said:

What if these planes are full of asylum seekers?

Thailand doesn't accept those Seeking Asylum .

They would just get sent back on the airplane they arrived on .

Even if A Gent was Seeking Asylum, he would still be refused in Thailand , even sausages in gullivers are refused 

6 hours ago, JustAnotherExpat said:

At the time I post this, Wise (formerly TransferWise) is not allowing rubels to baht. Any Russians living here are in for a tough time. Might be a good idea to scoop up some really cheap rubels if you can.

rubel-to-baht.jpg

Wise has a Baltic origin.

Thailand is firmly in the China/Russia camp.  Too bad for them, has been for years selling their soul for rubles and rmb.  Don't expect any support from us when China eventually takes you over, and you can forget about those stealth fighters...no f'in way.  I guess I'll just have to find another tropical second home.

4 minutes ago, WR2 said:

Thailand is firmly in the China/Russia camp.  Too bad for them, has been for years selling their soul for rubles and rmb.  Don't expect any support from us when China eventually takes you over, and you can forget about those stealth fighters...no f'in way.  I guess I'll just have to find another tropical second home.

What a great loss for Thailand, I guess the government and the rest of Thais won't sleep tonight lamenting what a great loss it is that you will find another tropical second home.

Also, I don't understand why we need to blame the average Russian tourist for what their government is doing. 

If this is about government's actions... let this sink in: 

image.thumb.png.0c72bd9f5353da6904de91d6ef77ddd0.png

Edited by Lyp14 [ctxa]
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Manu said:

And what about the war in Irak? Ah it was the US then, their wars are never brutal and always justified.

Also just in case you have not seen in the news, but thousands of BRAVE russians have been protesting in major russian cities AGAINST the war, 100s have been arrested, a brutal repression against anyone protesting by...the same guy that went to war (https://www.axios.com/photos-people-protest-russia-war-against-ukraine-c7fecd0e-6dfe-436f-8959-7016797ceeca.html). It is not the Russian people that went to war, it is Putin. By not allowing russians to come on holiday in Thailand, you punish russian people and thai people's businesses. I do not think Putin could not care less.

Iraq invaded another country, and threatened further invasions.  You don't think there's a difference between invading a country and liberating a country that was invaded?

1 minute ago, Lyp14 [ctxa] said:

What a great loss for Thailand, I guess the government and the rest of Thais won't sleep tonight lamenting what a great loss it is that you will find another tropical second home.

Many others will think the same, but enjoy your anti US attitude, I'm sure your Chinese and Russian overlords will be much better masters.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WR2 said:

Many others will think the same, but enjoy your anti US attitude, I'm sure your Chinese and Russian overlords will be much better masters.

If you're an American citizen it makes sense. 

But I'm not American and the Americans are not gonna give me anything or make my life any easier, hence to me to it is of no difference whether Thailand looks up to the Americans to the Russians or to the Chinese. If I had to choose, I would very much rather it was the Chinese, provided I am married to one.

But still it won't change my life in any way shape or form. 

Edited by Lyp14 [ctxa]

6 hours ago, Thomlion said:

😀

Stop flights from criminal Russian terrorist country. 

Otherwise tourists from democratic countries might stay away

No connection whatsoever 😫

20 minutes ago, WR2 said:

Iraq invaded another country, and threatened further invasions.  You don't think there's a difference between invading a country and liberating a country that was invaded?

Finding it difficult to separate the Russian People from the Putin Regime.

Immutable Law with No Exceptions:-

” People Always Get the Govt. They Deserve” .

Putin has not survived 23 years in charge without massive support from his people who clearly have had no real idea or interest in democracy for their entire sad 1000 year history, always wanting “ strong leaders”. And Suffering Massively.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, WR2 said:

I think you're mixed up between the Gulf War (1991) and 2003 Invasion of Iraq

44 minutes ago, Lyp14 [ctxa] said:

Also, I don't understand why we need to blame the average Russian tourist for what their government is doing. 

If this is about government's actions... let this sink in: 

image.thumb.png.0c72bd9f5353da6904de91d6ef77ddd0.png

Based on actions, the world should boycott Russia and USA for good. They are causing most of the problems in the world and prevent us from creating a better world. There are 60+ countries suffering from US interventions in recent years. Compared to that, Ukraine invasion by Russia is almost trivial.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Thomazz59 said:

Biden isn't going to commit US Forces to the defense of the Ukraine. Arms supply and economic sanctions are the game plan. SWIFT is not in play because a couple Europeon country's are not on-board.. The UN is become weak issuing nothing more than condemnation of the invasion.  The CVOID pandemic has exposed the agenda of world leaders and this scenario will only go further to expose their objectives.   

I'm no fan of Biden, but if the US puts troops in the conflict, NATO or otherwise, the US will be at war with Russia.  And then it will be game on.

Stop Russian flights immediatly! Cancel all Russian visas and kick the criminals out of the country! 

Yes, you will lose some money, but how good does it feel when you know that the money has innocent blood on it! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Lyp14 [ctxa] said:

I'm not American and the Americans are not gonna give me anything or make my life any easier, hence to me to it is of no difference

The device you are typing on and the network you are communicating into  - where do you think the technology was invented?

• Angry 1