News Forum - Thailand Test & Go update: No more Day 5 pre-paid hotel or PCR test

Thaiger

From the start of March, the requirement for the 2nd pre-paid PCR test on Day 5 after your arrival in Thailand will be dropped. But it will instead be replaced with a rapid antigen test you can take yourself. In addition, the required insurance will be reduced from $50,000 to $20,000. Hotel reservations will be required for the 1st day only in order to wait for the results of you PCR test. Travellers won’t need to book for a second hotel night on the 5th day after their arrival. So, it’s back to the same requirements when Test & Go was […]

The story Thailand Test & Go update: No more Day 5 pre-paid hotel or PCR test as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

From the start of March, the requirement for the 2nd pre-paid PCR test on Day 5 after your arrival in Thailand will be dropped. But it will instead be replaced with a rapid antigen test you can take yourself. In addition, the required insurance will be reduced from $50,000 to $20,000. Hotel reservations will be required for the 1st day only in order to wait for the results of you PCR test. Travellers won’t need to book for a second hotel night on the 5th day after their arrival. So, it’s back to the same requirements when Test & Go was […]

The story Thailand Test & Go update: No more Day 5 pre-paid hotel or PCR test as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Bout bloody time.

9 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

In addition, the required insurance will be reduced from $50,000 to $20,000.

From 100k to 50k, and now 20k. So I guess we can expect gradually tapering to10k,  5k, 1k? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, steve860 said:

Bout bloody time.

It's a small step in the right direction. But it won't make much difference for the tourism. Thailand Pass application+ pre PCR testing+ insurance+ hotel and pcr after arrival...no, it's to much hussle for most (sane) people.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

Hold steadfast in not feeding the Test and Go machine. Day One test, and a PCR test prior to flight home (if required) can still jam you up.

And regarding the day 5 antigen test.. How are those results supposed to be turned in? And who is the idiot that is going to self report a positive test?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Does this mean I can forget the day 5 hotel and test that I already have booked? I am due back in from Cambodia on the February 27th. Getting a refund would be like getting blood out of stone that has already been worked over by a divorce lawyer, but it would still free me from the absurdity of having to leave my hotel and check in to another one for just one night and the risk of getting stitched up for ten days quarantine.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

From 100k to 50k, and now 20k. So I guess we can expect gradually tapering to10k,  5k, 1k? 

The price is still the same .....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

Can you buy a negative antigen test on Khao San Road?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

A step forward, but not a bold one. Why is there still a requirement for an antigen test on day 5? How is this going to be monitored? And what exactly should be achieved?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Hold steadfast in not feeding the Test and Go machine. Day One test, and a PCR test prior to flight home (if required) can still jam you up.

And regarding the day 5 antigen test.. How are those results supposed to be turned in? And who is the idiot that is going to self report a positive test?

There will be some development on that Day 5 ATK test later on, possibly you have to report that on MorChana Apps through your IPhone so someone can track your movement, regarding the PCR Test prior to flight home, need to add 10 days through the departure date on that COVID insurance so in case of false positive, your cover and more expenses coming up: B100K hotel/hospital isolation, B30K on flight home & finally B5K on overstaying, those can be arrange via Trip Interruption when submit the claim under covid insurance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ace035 said:

There will be some development on that Day 5 ATK test later on, possibly you have to report that on MorChana Apps through your IPhone so someone can track your movement, regarding the PCR Test prior to flight home, need to add 10 days through the departure date on that COVID insurance so in case of false positive, your cover and more expenses coming up: B100K hotel/hospital isolation, B30K on flight home & finally B5K on overstaying, those can be arrange via Trip Interruption when submit the claim under covid insurance.

Possibly.

37 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

Does this mean I can forget the day 5 hotel and test that I already have booked? I am due back in from Cambodia on the February 27th. Getting a refund would be like getting blood out of stone that has already been worked over by a divorce lawyer, but it would still free me from the absurdity of having to leave my hotel and check in to another one for just one night and the risk of getting stitched up for ten days quarantine.

I have the same question. I've already paid for my second test but would like to avoid taking it in case i get forced into quarantine, and it would save me the trouble of checking out of my normal hotel to check back into the quarantine hotel i pre-booked. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fundok said:

A step forward, but not a bold one. Why is there still a requirement for an antigen test on day 5? How is this going to be monitored? And what exactly should be achieved?

Based on personal experience I wouldn't give much thought to the day 5 RAT test. No one ever asked for minr and as its self administer you can be sure positivity will be near 0% as funnily enough was mine.

Absolutely not enough to revive tourism to any meaningful state.

Even the first hotel and pcr is big annoyance and on top of that, 11pm over for bars and still no regular nightlife.

When people in the west have now after 2 yrs no masks, no curfew, no lockdowns, no limits on events, nightlife opened as pre covid, walking freely, enjoying….it is hard to imagine, that they will travel to a country where you have to walk in 36 degrees in a mask, nightlife closed, bars closing at 11 and have to do 2 pcr tests in 3 days and forcefully stay in a hotel and risking thay if you sneeze, your vacation will be limited on the hotel if lucky. On top of that, filling that pile of paperwork. 

I am sorry, I just dont see this working at all. Maybe it worked in November, when west was still also kinda closed, but now when even asian countries are opening fully, Thailand is lacking behind a lot. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Mopi said:

Based on personal experience I wouldn't give much thought to the day 5 RAT test. No one ever asked for minr and as its self administer you can be sure positivity will be near 0% as funnily enough was mine.

I suspect it's a face-saving intermediate step to dropping the day 5 test completely.

Good! But I’ve advised all my friends who want to visit me here in Thailand to wait until there are no more restrictions to entry. These rules change so often, it’s not worth the possible extra money, frustration, and anxiety. Sorry, TAT.

• Like 3

I have a friend just arrived last week who explained all the hoops and attempted corruption he had to fight (i.e., he was told he had to book a full 5 days at a hospitel upon arrival which he told them to shove). He said it turned into a very expensive trip and if he hadn't had some pressing issues he had to deal with, he'd never have come in the first place. They still have a long way to go in making Thailand an appealing destination.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1