News Forum - Thailand Test & Go update: No more Day 5 pre-paid hotel or PCR test

Thaiger

21 minutes ago, Soidog said:

So Anutin said the following in relation to the day 5 self ATK:

“The mandatory 5th day test can be conducted using ATK because results were very accurate and widely accepted”

Well if that’s the case, why not use them for the day 1 test also. Cheaper, quicker and no need to book a hotel. 

Think I’ve answered my own question with the word “Cheaper”. What a total con based on nothing more than pure greed. 

He had a lucid interval, but very brief....

"There will be no need for the tests because infections are spreading mostly among locals, while imported infections are relatively low, he said."

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2268351/govt-to-reassess-test-go-measures

1 hour ago, JBB said:

Where do you take the  ATK self test on the 5th day?.

I guess you are free to choose between bath and bedroom. Joke. I have read somewhere, that you have to buy it by yourself - e.g. 7-11, so I think you have to make the test by yourself too and report the results somewhere.

• Like 1

more than 10% of the arrivals in Phuket are tested positive and gonna be quarantined. This is the issue, not day 5. Additionally the risk you gonna be send to quarantine because you have a seat near to positive person. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TomSabai said:

more than 10% of the arrivals in Phuket are tested positive 

I mean that's just an outright lie

How are you a grown man and just lie to support your complaints?

It's utterly bizarre to me people just lie and make shit up

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

The ATK test on day 5 remains? That is ludicrous... it's a joke. That is completely ridiculous. 

No worries about that, I just upload my ATK negative results picture within days before arriving in Thailand and through MorChana Apps.

• Like 1

I asked my 5th day hotel and they replied the new rule is for applications from 01 March for stays from 07March. This means I am stuck with the 5th day travel back to Bangkok and test on 2nd March; too late to start another booking and new application for pass.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Johnmc17 said:

The price is still the same .....

My first thought! Perhaps even costier, b/c they'll have to offer "hospitel" accomodation, sooner or later.

And with 20k US, you don't wanna get into ICU, trust me. That is sums quickly  up to1, 2, 3k a day.  On respirator perhaps even higher.

4 hours ago, richardhames said:

I arrive on 26/02. Does this mean I still have to quarantine and PCR test on day 5 (as booked) or does this only apply to arrivals after 01/03? It’s ambiguous as expressed.

Nothing ambiguous in your case you arrive in February so you must quarantine and get tested on day 5.

33 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I mean that's just an outright lie

How are you a grown man and just lie to support your complaints?

It's utterly bizarre to me people just lie and make shit up

Why are you having a go at him when he is telling the truth?

These people know what they write is true because the little pixie living at the bottom of their garden told them so.😄

• Like 1

When I did the first test and go, the second test was also a rapid PCR done on your own. I sent the image to the original booking hotel, and they did whatever with it. No issues with the self test. I am going back in April, hopefully they remove all testing and quarantine in time for Songkran. Have a new super soaker I want to try.

Edited by L-Dogg

2 hours ago, JBB said:

Where do you take the  ATK self test on the 5th day

If I understand it correctly you by a self test kit and do it yourself and then register the result either by phone or online. If you test positive and tell them they will then be in contact with isolation instructions. Remember that if you tell them it's negative when it's not then you are not only doing the wrong thing and potentially infecting others that might die but also could be caught out if you get sick and end up in hospital when the insurance company investigates your claim...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tim_Melb said:

If I understand it correctly you by a self test kit and do it yourself and then register the result either by phone or online. If you test positive and tell them they will then be in contact with isolation instructions. Remember that if you tell them it's negative when it's not then you are not only doing the wrong thing and potentially infecting others that might die but also could be caught out if you get sick and end up in hospital when the insurance company investigates your claim...

I agree with you if it was me, I'll just self isolate for 5 days and try it again with ATK test, if positive, then it's time to do the PCR test then if positive again, be at the hospital quarantine for 10 days.

59 minutes ago, Mechalic said:

I asked my 5th day hotel and they replied the new rule is for applications from 01 March for stays from 07March. This means I am stuck with the 5th day travel back to Bangkok and test on 2nd March; too late to start another booking and new application for pass.

What I saw was that some theorized that since it was for new TP applications after the 1st  the earliest would be the 7th.  Not sure if that’s the actual rule as it hasn’t been published and won’t be for sometime.

My most recent TP applied last week to arrive tomorrow was approved by morning. I already have to push that back so deciding how long to wait.  It seems odd to have some arrivals after the 1st have a 5th day stay and others not. But then again … it’s Thailand. 

It was a stupid idea to begin with and should have never been done.  Just makes Thailand bureaucracy look that much more indecisive and incompetent.  Like they are just throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Hi everyone,
Well, I'm entering Thailand on 6th Match, then my 5th day test is scheduled on 10th of March. I don't mind to do the test but can I cancel my SHA+ accommodation? 

13 minutes ago, lukas77 said:

Hi everyone,
Well, I'm entering Thailand on 6th Match, then my 5th day test is scheduled on 10th of March. I don't mind to do the test but can I cancel my SHA+ accommodation

I would say yes, assuming the dropping of the day 5 thing is official now.  I would give it a couple days to see if they flip flop again as they have been known to do.

Edited by samiam123

Do children under 12 years old need to make that first test on the first day of arrival? I bought it for me and my wife, but do not understand about children.   Please give me some advice?

4 hours ago, JBB said:

Where do you take the  ATK self test on the 5th day?.

When I visited TH in last december I got an ATK for free, provided from the hotel. I booked a bundle incl. room, transfer from airport, PCR-Test and ATK. Since the MorChana app didn't work back then I just sent a pic of the result by Line to my hotel contact.
BTW I never used the app and no one ever asked me about that.

Guys you can only apply for Thai Pass under new rules from the 1st March, but the the dropping of the day 5 PCR and quarantine doesn't come into effect until the 7thMarch. so if you arrive before then you will still be subject to the day1 and day 5 PCR. 

• Like 1

I am entering Thailand on the 10th of march. Today I tried to apply for a Thai Pass. I entered only the first recipe for the PCR test and only one hotel (on the first day).

According to the TAT News website the new rules are for new applications for the Thailand pass submitted on or after the 1st of March for arrival in Thailand on or after the 7th of March. So all of you people with current Thailand passes arriving before the 7th must still have the 5th day PCR test and the night in a SHA hotel. 

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/02/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/

1 hour ago, lukas77 said:

Hi everyone,
Well, I'm entering Thailand on 6th Match, then my 5th day test is scheduled on 10th of March. I don't mind to do the test but can I cancel my SHA+ accommodation? 

No you can't, it's for new applications submitted on or after the 1st of March for arrival on or after the 7th of March see my previous post for a link

• Like 1

1 hour ago, switchs said:

Do children under 12 years old need to make that first test on the first day of arrival? I bought it for me and my wife, but do not understand about children.   Please give me some advice?

The rules state that you must have the test unless you are under 6 years of age. 

1 hour ago, samiam123 said:

I would say yes, assuming the dropping of the day 5 thing is official now.  I would give it a couple days to see if they flip flop again as they have been known to do.

This is wrong. It's for new applications submitted on or after the 1st of March and arriving on or after the 7th of March.