Jump to content

News Forum - LATEST: Ukraine-Russia crisis, western leaders “convinced” Russia is ready to invade


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

The British PM Boris Johnson claims he has evidence that Russia is planning “the biggest war in Europe since 1945”. Speaking to the BBC, Mr. Jonhson said “all the signs are that the plan has already in some senses begun”. “People need to understand the sheer cost in human life that could entail. Asked if a Russian invasion is imminent, Mr Johnson responded… “I’m afraid that that is what the evidence points to, there’s no burnishing it.” Meanwhile, the UK foreign secretary has said… “Worst-case scenario between Ukraine and Russia could happen as early as next week.” Foreign Secretary Liz Truss is accusing […]

The story LATEST: Ukraine-Russia crisis, western leaders “convinced” Russia is ready to invade as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Remembering history, is important here, because so often what is past is prologue. Hitler used a trumped up attack by Polish Soldiers as a pretext to invade Poland and so began WW2. Actually, the "Polish Soldiers" were in fact Nazi soldiers, who had gone over the polish border, killed polish soldiers and then used their uniforms to fake an attack. The dead Poles were then redressed and dragged over the border into Germany and photographed as proof. (Well it was something like that). 

So if Russia plans all out war (which would be a completely stupid thing to do), it might start that way. In reality, I think Putin has made a critical mistake that may end up costing Russia dearly. Not sanctions, or the loss of any credibility in the world community, but a danger he does not expect. At the moment Russia has about 60 % of it's ground forces on the border with Ukraine, in the west. The bulk of Russian armorment production is in the east of the country. It was moved there during the worst days of the Nazi advance. A remarkable feat moving from one side of the country to the other in 6 months. That's one of the reasons for Russian's WW2 success. protecting their war production. 

But what a unique opportunity for another country to attack Russia from the east, cut off their war production and take over large swathes of Russia. Their armies would suffer that same fate as the Nazis. Of course, Putin doesn't expect that, because his old friend is covering his back. But his old friend needs living space and a war in the west would be the perfect opportunity to strike and give living space for his people, who have expanded as far as they can. 

It would appear the Putin is playing from "Adolph's Book of world domination". A fake attack, the Sudetenland (Russian separatists in Ukraine), the Anschluss (marching into Ukraine to reunify it with the Soviet Motherland). Time will tell.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

US also said that Russia would invade last Wednesday

All I see is US constantly saying they will invade, as a deterrent of their actual invasion and to spark more countries to deter Russia.

This buys time for Ukraine to prepare as well, thus the longer Russia waits, the more difficult it'd be for them to invade. 

This is all looking worse and worse for Russia, I think if they wanted to invade they would have already.

Edited by dj230
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Before this Ukrainian issue I had some sympathy with Putin. Over the past 30 years, western powers have continued to push ever closer to Russia and equip bordering countries with military equipment that they claim is for peaceful purposes. The same is true with China being virtually surrounded with American allies and military personnel/hardware. However, massing army’s on the border of a sovereign country and potentially starting a war that will kill thousands is utterly beyond the pale. This is 2022 for god sake. Surely we have all learned this is no way to solve the problems. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

the most immediate.  Putin commits aggression for the same reasons that Johnson whips up hysterics - the economic crisis.

Putin wants the borders of the former soviet union or whole Europe. For that you have to understand the mindsets of Dictators. KGB chief, President now he wants to be the new Zar. And also just use the term show me your friends and I tell you who you are then you know a bit more about his reasons. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Before this Ukrainian issue I had some sympathy with Putin. Over the past 30 years, western powers have continued to push ever closer to Russia and equip bordering countries with military equipment that they claim is for peaceful purposes. The same is true with China being virtually surrounded with American allies and military personnel/hardware. However, massing army’s on the border of a sovereign country and potentially starting a war that will kill thousands is utterly beyond the pale. This is 2022 for god sake. Surely we have all learned this is no way to solve the problems. 

Free nations bordering tyrannies will form defensive alliances with other free states and install defensive weapons. If unfree countries were free there would be no need for any of that as democracies have never fought each other.China Russia Iran people have chosen dictators & will either free themselves or take the consequences especially when stupidly confronting NATO which could smash their military in days if attacked. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Soidog said:

What economic “Crisis” are you referring to in the UK? Crisis is an over used word in the UK. Everything is a crisis. Road surface Crisis. Global warming Crisis. Cost of living Crisis. Education Crisis. Knife crime Crisis. Water shortage Crisis. It’s all utter Bullocks. People in the UK have no concept of a Crisis as many do in the world.  People in the UK need to calm down. Get life in to perspective. Realise just how fortunate and lucky they are and enjoy what they have.  

And at the moment we see a russian crises, their troops and has nothing to do with pounds or the economy of the UK. Wondering about such jumps and conclusions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Free nations bordering tyrannies will form defensive alliances with other free states and install defensive weapons. If unfree countries were free there would be no need for any of that as democracies have never fought each other.China Russia Iran people have chosen dictators & will either free themselves or take the consequences especially when stupidly confronting NATO which could smash their military in days if attacked. 

You make valid points and it always frustrates me when I see people being held back by tyrants and dictators. I simply fail to understand how enough people never seem to come together and overthrow these people and demand a better future. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Stardust said:

And at the moment we see a russian crises, their troops and has nothing to do with pounds or the economy of the UK. Wondering about such jumps and conclusions.

I agree. Well off topic but since the comment was made, I felt compelled to point out that in my opinion, the UK has no concept of a crisis. An over used word which results in everyday people finding excuses not to get off their lazy idle backsides and enjoy the wonderful country their ancestors have created. There are no  Crises in the UK. Just a few problems in life that are normal and can be fixed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Free nations bordering tyrannies will form defensive alliances with other free states and install defensive weapons. If unfree countries were free there would be no need for any of that as democracies have never fought each other.China Russia Iran people have chosen dictators & will either free themselves or take the consequences especially when stupidly confronting NATO which could smash their military in days if attacked. 

USA, Eu and allies have 60% of the world gdp and no check Russia or even Russia and China together. And not forget where all the tech comes. It is really stupid their actions but their lost of any sense of reality comes from that they are victims of their own propaganda and their own people deliver only wrong informations because they are trained to do so. That we can see in China since a while they are their worst enemy.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Soidog said:

You make valid points and it always frustrates me when I see people being held back by tyrants and dictators. I simply fail to understand how enough people never seem to come together and overthrow these people and demand a better future. 

Western European (& Chinese) people have done this. African Russian Asian People ? Never. Too much respect for authority and “strong” leaders. Trapped by Passive Submissive Tribal Survivalist Cultures.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I agree. Well off topic but since the comment was made, I felt compelled to point out that in my opinion, the UK has no concept of a crisis. An over used word which results in everyday people finding excuses not to get off their lazy idle backsides and enjoy the wonderful country their ancestors have created. There are no  Crises in the UK. Just a few problems in life that are normal and can be fixed. 

Sure there will be always obstacles and to handle it is a support for the development. Learning and development never ends that is one main purpose of life. How would it be the whole life only backwards, no development nothing learnt. It would be a waste of time and life. But still we see some people who like to go backwards and no development. Yes it is sometimes unbelievable, I agree.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

USA, Eu and allies have 60% of the world gdp and no check Russia or even Russia and China together. And not forget where all the tech comes. It is really stupid their actions but their lost of any sense of reality comes from that they are victims of their own propaganda and their own people deliver only wrong informations because they are trained to do so. That we can see in China since a while they are their worst enemy.  

Chinese people historically lose patience and kill their rulers but only if starving. CCP knows to keep power they need only allow capitalism which feeds so controls the masses whose undeveloped cultures are collectively e, passive & submissive,

unlike individualistic westerners who will band together and die, whether fed or not, to overthrow tyranny for idea of better world for them &  their children…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Remembering history, is important here, because so often what is past is prologue. Hitler used a trumped up attack by Polish Soldiers as a pretext to invade Poland and so began WW2. Actually, the "Polish Soldiers" were in fact Nazi soldiers, who had gone over the polish border, killed polish soldiers and then used their uniforms to fake an attack. The dead Poles were then redressed and dragged over the border into Germany and photographed as proof. (Well it was something like that). 

So if Russia plans all out war (which would be a completely stupid thing to do), it might start that way. In reality, I think Putin has made a critical mistake that may end up costing Russia dearly. Not sanctions, or the loss of any credibility in the world community, but a danger he does not expect. At the moment Russia has about 60 % of it's ground forces on the border with Ukraine, in the west. The bulk of Russian armorment production is in the east of the country. It was moved there during the worst days of the Nazi advance. A remarkable feat moving from one side of the country to the other in 6 months. That's one of the reasons for Russian's WW2 success. protecting their war production. 

But what a unique opportunity for another country to attack Russia from the east, cut off their war production and take over large swathes of Russia. Their armies would suffer that same fate as the Nazis. Of course, Putin doesn't expect that, because his old friend is covering his back. But his old friend needs living space and a war in the west would be the perfect opportunity to strike and give living space for his people, who have expanded as far as they can. 

It would appear the Putin is playing from "Adolph's Book of world domination". A fake attack, the Sudetenland (Russian separatists in Ukraine), the Anschluss (marching into Ukraine to reunify it with the Soviet Motherland). Time will tell.

First of all, you named it…it would be stupid. Putin is not planning taking over Ukraine. He is not stupid u know.

That also answers the other argument you have, majority of forces on one border. It is not an issue because he does not go for a war.

 

But even if he went for a war, noone is going to fight Russia even if all soldiers leave for Ukraine.

 

And lastly, once you have thousands nukes, it does not matter hoe many soliders are where. Nukes take care of the fact thay noone goes against you

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Putin wants the borders of the former soviet union or whole Europe. For that you have to understand the mindsets of Dictators. KGB chief, President now he wants to be the new Zar. And also just use the term show me your friends and I tell you who you are then you know a bit more about his reasons. 

Putin needs money.  Just like Johnson, Biden, Xi and the rest of the errand boys for the real owners of this world

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

Putin needs money.  Just like Johnson, Biden, Xi and the rest of the errand boys for the real owners of this world

This will make the opposite for Putin. He is creating a huge damage for his economy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Could be wrong. But I think an attack on Ukraine will happen just hours after the closing ceremony of the Olympics. China and Russia made this pact prior to the  opening. 

Putin will start with a night attacks then  followed by day time attacks from all fronts!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Sandbar said:

Could be wrong. But I think an attack on Ukraine will happen just hours after the closing ceremony of the Olympics. China and Russia made this pact prior to the  opening. 

Putin will start with a night attacks then  followed by day time attacks from all fronts!

Good idea. I’ll send this to Putin for his consideration 🤔

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Stardust said:

This will make the opposite for Putin. He is creating a huge damage for his economy.

the transition of Ukraine and the entire post-Soviet space into the sphere of influence of the West reduces the ability of Russian capital to rob these peoples.  no one wants to give up the won positions.  thus only war.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jason said:

The bulk of Russian armorment production is in the east of the country. It was moved there during the worst days of the Nazi advance. A remarkable feat moving from one side of the country to the other in 6 months. That's one of the reasons for Russian's WW2 success. protecting their war production.

To a degree yes the dismantling of vast industrial complexes and relocating them to the east was a remarkable achievement particularly considering the distances involved that gave Russia the capacity to continue the war but let's not kid ourselves , a lot of what the Russian arms industry produced from those factories was sub standard to the German's kit .. the T34 tank that Russia made over 50,000 of was despite the legend a deathtrap that was mercilessly exposed once the Germans upgunned their own armour and anti tank capabilities to deal with it after the initial surprise of confronting it during the opening weeks of Barbarossa .. that is if it even got the front as the breakdown rate straight from some factories was 2 out of 3 and though many were minor faults that is not a lot of good when you need utter reliability on the battlefield .. Russia ultimately prevailed during WW2 by committing hundreds of thousands of troops in blunt headlong attacks ( one of many but for example the battle of Rzevh Feb' to March 1943 was nick named the " meat grinder " by the Russians themselves such were the losses they suffered ) that would eventually batter their way through and force the Germans to give up ground as they were pushed out from 1943 on .. But that strategy is one of the reasons why they lost so many personnel during WW2 and refer to it as the " Great Patriotic War " .. 

a T34 with a spare gearbox lashed to the engine deck .. just the sort of thing you'd want to change in the middle of a battle .. 

IMG_20220220_115237.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

I agree. Well off topic but since the comment was made, I felt compelled to point out that in my opinion, the UK has no concept of a crisis. An over used word which results in everyday people finding excuses not to get off their lazy idle backsides and enjoy the wonderful country their ancestors have created. There are no  Crises in the UK. Just a few problems in life that are normal and can be fixed. 

We do enjoy this wonderful country that is why we are living here.

"There are no  Crises in the UK"

We know that is why we live here.

"Just a few problems in life that are normal and can be fixed. "

We know that is why we live here.

You seem to be mixed up with what the press say and what we the people say and the way we behave, I laugh every time an overinflated newspaper report come out, but it does not mean we the people believe any of the nonsense.

I see the same type of news in America and think what a lot of nonsense too, do they expect us to believe that I think to myself.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dedinbed said:

To a degree yes the dismantling of vast industrial complexes and relocating them to the east was a remarkable achievement particularly considering the distances involved that gave Russia the capacity to continue the war but let's not kid ourselves , a lot of what the Russian arms industry produced from those factories was sub standard to the German's kit .. the T34 tank that Russia made over 50,000 of was despite the legend a deathtrap that was mercilessly exposed once the Germans upgunned their own armour and anti tank capabilities to deal with it after the initial surprise of confronting it during the opening weeks of Barbarossa .. that is if it even got the front as the breakdown rate straight from some factories was 2 out of 3 and though many were minor faults that is not a lot of good when you need utter reliability on the battlefield .. Russia ultimately prevailed during WW2 by committing hundreds of thousands of troops in blunt headlong attacks ( one of many but for example the battle of Rzevh Feb' to March 1943 was nick named the " meat grinder " by the Russians themselves such were the losses they suffered ) that would eventually batter their way through and force the Germans to give up ground as they were pushed out from 1943 on .. But that strategy is one of the reasons why they lost so many personnel during WW2 and refer to it as the " Great Patriotic War " .. 

a T34 with a spare gearbox lashed to the engine deck .. just the sort of thing you'd want to change in the middle of a battle .. 

IMG_20220220_115237.jpg

The Russians built 80,000 T34 tanks in WW2, many historians say it was the best tank of the war, it was easy to produce and easy to repair, it had a superior gun, I could go on.

Re the gearbox on the tank above, so you think they would change the gearbox in the middle of a battle?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

Putin needs money.  Just like Johnson, Biden, Xi and the rest of the errand boys for the real owners of this world

The pixie who lives at the bottom of my garden is the real owner of the world, It makes me laugh when I read such crape. 😀

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

 

The British PM said…

“I’m afraid to say that the plan we are seeing is for something that could be really the biggest war in Europe since 1945 just in terms of sheer scale.

 

Maybe BoZo's unaware of the invasion of Czechoslovakia, that involved 500,000 Warsaw Pact troops.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 2

      News Forum - Thailand’s potential for space travel

    2. 4

      News Forum - American man with depression commits suicide at Phuket hotel

    3. 5

      News Forum - Cannabis supporters urge Thai PM to prevent reclassification as narcotic

    4. 5

      News Forum - Top 10 troubles you will find during retirement in Thailand

    5. 23

      The most popular Northern Thai dishes

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use