Thaiger Talk Quiz #038 - Name that Beer

BigHewer

3 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Yes San Mig Lite is easily my favourite but apart from the new Lotus's is almost impossible to buy without a 3 hour drive.

No bloating is a big plus.

A big negative is, it''s the only beer my wife will drink so I have to share 😀.

I prefer the regular San Miguel 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BigHewer said:

I don’t mind either of them. I usually drink Leo I suppose, but I know that’s a controversial statement based on past experience in this forum 🍻😎

Mystery why Thais like Leo as it has almost no taste at all, maybe their taste buds have been burned out with all those chillies?

22 hours ago, Thommo said:

I can only assume you were in QLD drinking 4X lol

Fair enough Thommo 😂

I can’t remember the names of any of them, but it wasn’t XXXX.

The first one was a silver can (“everyone likes this one”) - tasted like water mixed with beer.

The second one was a blue can with white writing (“You’ll like this for sure, safe option”) - tasted like someone’s first attempt at home brewing. 

The third one was a blue orange and white can, something to do with “summer”. Enthusiastically recommended but by some margin the worst beer I’ve ever drunk.

Any idea what these monstrosities were? I was in North Queensland at the time if that helps narrow it down.

12 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Fair enough Thommo 😂

I can’t remember the names of any of them, but it wasn’t XXXX.

The first one was a silver can (“everyone likes this one”) - tasted like water mixed with beer.

The second one was a blue can with white writing (“You’ll like this for sure, safe option”) - tasted like someone’s first attempt at home brewing. 

The third one was a blue orange and white can, something to do with “summer”. Enthusiastically recommended but by some margin the worst beer I’ve ever drunk.

Any idea what these monstrosities were? I was in North Queensland at the time if that helps narrow it down.

I actually don't  I am from down south (melbourne)  hope you enjoyed your visit to Nth QLD  Post Dougals is on eof my favorite palces to visit  especially during our winter :)

Cheers

1 hour ago, Thommo said:

hope you enjoyed your visit to Nth QLD  Post Dougals is on eof my favorite palces to visit 

Beautiful part of the world, loved it there. The “beer incident” was in Cairns so not far away.

Had Carlton Draught there a couple of times. That’s a good’un, just hard to find.

On 2/12/2022 at 3:15 PM, Saltire said:

Now with my small win, lobbying has started for San Miguel Lite 😀 may take another 5 years.

On 2/12/2022 at 2:04 PM, Marc26 said:

There should be a case study on Heineken's distribution salesmen

The quiz stated, "How well do you know your Thai beers? Can you get 5 out of 5?"

AFAIK San Miguel is Filipino, and Heineken is Dutch, so would not be in the quiz of course.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

The quiz stated, "How well do you know your Thai beers? Can you get 5 out of 5?"

AFAIK San Miguel is Filipino, and Heineken is Dutch, so would not be in the quiz of course.

But if Heiny and San Miguel are brewed in Thailand, are they Thai?  🥴

Controversial.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

It's called having a fun discussion from the quiz

Have a Thai beer, or German beer, and lighten up  :)

• Thanks 1