News Forum - Third foreigner this week dies from building fall in Pattaya

Thaiger

13 minutes ago, Stonker said:

That'd supposedly be 3 million baht paid out in 'life insurance' under the new system - in a week!

Supposedly . . . Phantasmagorically more like ⚰️ !

1 hour ago, SomtamMcSporran said:

Pattaya is a brothel, these dirty old men are not getting their fix of bar girls. Sex addiction is as bad as heroin addiction. 

No, it's not - and no, it's not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

So, what is the government doing about this …. Maybe make new laws …

1. All condo people now have to wear helmets.
  2. All condos must have crash landing pads
  3. No condos allowed to be built above 6 feet in height 

and all new laws will be rigorously policed by the Thai Police  as rigorously as the road rules the police.

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, Easterneye said:

Should have stayed in his home country , Norway has some of the most gorgeous landscapes on the planet instead of banging himself up in some horrid tower full of old men with beer guts bored out their skulls

That's exactly what I see when I watch video footage of Pattaya, it's depressing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

In my opinion Thailand could be a beautiful and desirable country to retire to if one gets his priority right. If his priority is carnal pleasures and alcohol, reality will hit them hard once they don't have the funds to sustain this kind of lifestyle further.

Perhaps he may also have had a business here, real estate etc and like many Thais is being decimated by the Covid crisis.

8 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Please tell me what is more beautiful than a lovely lady sharing her time and carnal pleasures with you?

There's the issue right there. Every solo guy settled down in Pattaya, or Sunny Beach or wherever pay for play is the standard is going to face their own reality sooner or later. Money can buy sex from pretty girls. Sadly removing these beautiful women from the dating pool but that's a separate issue. Eventually even money won't be enough. If you call that "beautiful" your a sad case waiting for your turn at the balcony. Don't fret, at least you'll have plenty of company while you wait. I'm not judging by the way.

6 hours ago, palooka said:

When you have 25,000 a year die on the roads (ie Thailand) even readers start to skip the articles, hence becomes un-news worthy.

But this creates a perception that driving is safe, when it's not.  

We've been terrorized with COVID death tolls daily but death from cardiovascular disease is as high or higher, and can't be prevented with a vaccine - and no one mentions the latest stroke or heart attack death unless it's someone super-famous. 

"Viral facebook posts" make the news these days. 

• Like 1

this is the fate of foreigners in an alien country, with dwindling finances and expenses for staying, food cannot manage.

they do not have any means to go back too.

pathetic situation !

11 hours ago, Saunk said:

That's exactly what I see when I watch video footage of Pattaya, it's depressing.

It doesn't depress me, I just stay away from the place and those people

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Funds are paid monthly, so the idea that you do not have them one month is impossible from what I know as a retiree.

Please tell me what is more beautiful than a lovely lady sharing her time and carnal pleasures with you?

Thailand is beautiful and travel is great, but after a few years how many more villages, forests, foods, flora, and fauna do you need to experience?  Travel once a month or 2 for a few days and take an extended trip a couple times a year is sufficient IMO.

Peace and Love 

Those funds or retirement pensions are at a fixed monthly rate no? It's great if one's income/ funds/ pensions can cover one's expenses but what if one develops an unhealthy addiction which requires more funds that what one is getting? And if they can't satiate that addiction they may feel like the end of the world.

Of course there is nothing more beautiful than a lovely lady sharing her time and carnal pleasures with you but the emphasis is on a lovely lady. 

There is a lot of things that one can do in Thailand that will not bore oneself even if doing it repeatedly, they just have to find one hobby. I go fishing almost every weekend in Thailand since there are so many rivers, canals and ponds to explore. Heck I even feel happy and satisfied just fishing at the same old spot even getting the same type of fish. It never bores me.

19 hours ago, Markwick said:

Don’t leave your home country poor and go to Thailand and live poor 

look at condo 

unless you can live like king in foreign country don’t go stay we’re u are 

poor home country always better 

Reminds me of that song the Green green grass of home. 

14 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

Perhaps he may also have had a business here, real estate etc and like many Thais is being decimated by the Covid crisis.

Perhaps it could be.

This has been going on for years in Pattaya particularly, life seems to have run its course, run out of money, relationships bust up, and they see no way out.

17 hours ago, Noble_Design said:

Those funds or retirement pensions are at a fixed monthly rate no? It's great if one's income/ funds/ pensions can cover one's expenses but what if one develops an unhealthy addiction which requires more funds that what one is getting? And if they can't satiate that addiction they may feel like the end of the world.

Of course there is nothing more beautiful than a lovely lady sharing her time and carnal pleasures with you but the emphasis is on a lovely lady. 

There is a lot of things that one can do in Thailand that will not bore oneself even if doing it repeatedly, they just have to find one hobby. I go fishing almost every weekend in Thailand since there are so many rivers, canals and ponds to explore. Heck I even feel happy and satisfied just fishing at the same old spot even getting the same type of fish. It never bores me.

Reminds me of that song the Green green grass of home. 

They drink themselves to death , I can’t stop it they don’t want to stop it .my parents were club pub types ... they were bums too 

you drink daily and sloth around you are a bum 

they just fit in here ... so it’s justified to they can’t throw up anymore 

millions across the planet so they think there normal 

achole is worst drug on planet 

17 hours ago, KataBruce said:

This has been going on for years in Pattaya particularly, life seems to have run its course, run out of money, relationships bust up, and they see no way out.

It’s as simple as that 

deer in headlights 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 11:34 PM, SomtamMcSporran said:

Pattaya is a brothel, these dirty old men are not getting their fix of bar girls. Sex addiction is as bad as heroin addiction. 

Sex addiction and throw in drinking 

and old age the three don’t go together 

On 1/13/2022 at 2:37 AM, billywillyjones said:

That’s life you adapt like the guy who put shoes on horse 

it’s a holiday town , no holiday no town 

so with rules u close and protect cash 18 months ago and most did 

or be bar owner and e beg on YouTube 

life tough adapt that’s all you can do , or don’t and end up in bad place . 5.5 mil dead so far that’s real . 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 4:36 PM, ExpatPattaya said:

Funds are paid monthly, so the idea that you do not have them one month is impossible from what I know as a retiree.

Thailand is beautiful and travel is great, but after a few years how many more villages, forests, foods, flora, and fauna do you need to experience?  Travel once a month or 2 for a few days and take an extended trip a couple times a year is sufficient IMO.

Peace and Love 

A woman who wants to be with you for you and not the money you pay her in the morning. 

• Haha 1

Time to clean up Pattaya and make it a family resort. 

They should ban all alcohol consumption immediately to anyone over the age of 60.

• Cool 1

23 hours ago, kalyan said:

this is the fate of foreigners in an alien country, with dwindling finances and expenses for staying, food cannot manage.

they do not have any means to go back too.

pathetic situation !

It's the fate of desperate people in every country. Japanese people fall out of tall buildings in their own country all the time. Or go to that forest.  

It's just "news" in some places where foreigners stand out. When was the last Thai suicide covered? 

• Like 3