News Forum - Thailand Omicron update: More than 500 cases, many Test & Go travellers

Thaiger

11 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

The NY times publishes two numbers daily, the number of new cases and deaths. New cases in the US are up 100% , but deaths are down 5%. If it continues to play out that deaths continue to go down while "cases" are high, they will no longer be able to make decisions based on testing. 

In Germany, they switched to basing decisions on considering a combination of infection rate and hospital cases. All published in the news every day.

Getting stricter now, since, just like in the UK, a surge of Omicron would cause more hospitalisation than the system can cope with.

17 hours ago, Thaiger said:

As of yesterday, there have been 514 Omicron cases reported in Thailand

Now 17 hours later …

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2239503/thailand-has-739-omicron-cases

739 Omicron cases reported……. 34% of them community infections. Looks like we’ll and truely on the increase. Must be time for parliament to work from home.

oh …. https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2239147/govt-staff-to-wfh-next-week

26 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I agree with you that we have to live with it

But being ignorant about masks(and whining about them) as well as vaccines (not accusing you of that) will only prolong it

Hey, like I said

I guarantee you that where I live has had a hell of lot more freedom through all this by following a few simple measures than where all the morons whining and yelling about "their freedoms " live 

Actually, you are wrong again. 

In several states not run by the totalitarian left, they have gone on with life as normal for well over a year now. 

But then, that would require an understanding of what this is and more importantly, what it isn't. 

Which you obviously are not ready to accept. 

2 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Actually, you are wrong again. 

In several states not run by the totalitarian left, they have gone on with life as normal for well over a year now. 

But then, that would require an understanding of what this is and more importantly, what it isn't. 

Which you obviously are not ready to accept. 

Name the states, go ahead

I would bet your whole bank account that all of them have many, many more deaths and cases(many would have long haul complications) than where I live in Vancouver 

But Americans shrug about being the only country where kids get blown away at school on a weekly basis, so we know the country doesn't value life too much

But go ahead, name those states

Or should I for you?

Florida?

South Dakota?

What other states run by ignorant Republicans that don't value life you want to name?

Then match them where I live in comparison of deaths

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Name the states, go ahead

I would bet your whole bank account that all of them have many, many more deaths and cases(many would have long haul complications) than where I live in Vancouver 

But Americans shrug about being the only country where kids get blown away at school on a weekly basis, so we know the country doesn't value life too much

But go ahead, name those states

Or should I for you?

Florida?

South Dakota?

What other states run by ignorant Republicans that don't value life you want to name?

Then match them where I live in comparison of deaths

Well, that certainly triggered your silly irrational emotional leftist sensitivities now, didn't it? 

Again, 

You are delusional. 

Are you actually trying to compare a large population to your tiny little bit of the world you live in? 

You are obviously highly emotional.

Are you actually going to ignore the difference between dying OF COVID versus dying with Covid? How obtuse can you get? 

Are you actually trying to compare death rates while ignoring the statistical comorbidities? 

Because if you are, you are even more delusional. 

Again, there will never be zero covid. There are therapeutics, that for obvious reasons, the left and their government bureaucracies refuse to be open and honest about. 

Open up the world and get on with life. 

It really is astounding how you leftists ignore the massive amount of damage you are imposing on others to make yourselves feel "safe" 

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

Well, that certainly triggered your silly irrational emotional leftist sensitivities now, didn't it? 

Again, 

You are delusional. 

Are you actually trying to compare a large population to your tiny little bit of the world you live in? 

You are obviously highly emotional.

Are you actually going to ignore the difference between dying OF COVID versus dying with Covid? How obtuse can you get? 

Are you actually trying to compare death rates while ignoring the statistical comorbidities? 

Because if you are, you are even more delusional. 

Again, there will never be zero covid. There are therapeutics, that for obvious reasons, the left and their government bureaucracies refuse to be open and honest about. 

Open up the world and get on with life. 

It really is astounding how you leftists ignore the massive amount of damage you are imposing on others to make yourselves feel "safe" 

You watch Fox News much?

Jeez have an original thought, you are an adult 

Again, name a state

Go ahead, name them and let's compare facts and statistics 

Not Fox News talking points

But we all know you won't do that, don't we??

35 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

You watch Fox News much?

Jeez have an original thought, you are an adult 

Again, name a state

Go ahead, name them and let's compare facts and statistics 

Not Fox News talking points

But we all know you won't do that, don't we??

What on earth are you talking about? 

Compare to what? 

Deaths per capita without considering comorbidities? 

Again, do you understand the difference between dying directly from covid and dying with covid? 

It's a simple question. 

And governments refuse to distinguish between the two. 

That's not "fox news" that is a valid question and is not being answered by the people in charge. 

If you can escape from your tiny leftist bubble of fear and irrationality, then you might understand that. 

Your irrational emotional unhinged responses show just how twisted you have allowed yourself to be. 

And again, why do you completely ignore the massive financial and mental damage to hundreds of millions of people created by the policies you seem to be quite proud of? 

Edited by mcambl61

17 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Have to catch me first! triple vaxxed and on the move in CM!  I lecture the loy kroh massage gals cat calling me without masks daily as i bike riding--at least that wacky gal stalking me wore her mask! :)

I think I know who the whacky girl is if it is the same CM weird girl. She is off her rocker and something happened to her, but she seems she has money so that is not her agenda.

6 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Canada is nothing but the hat of the USA.   No one cares about Canada.

Oh sorry - the whole world does not care about the US-Rednecks and Trailerparkcitizens....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hikwai said:

Oh sorry - the whole world does not care about the US-Rednecks and Trailerparkcitizens....

So you have not seen the series trailer park Boys from Canada then... 

Because you are "educated" and a proper global citizen that will do whatever you are told, right? 

6 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Now 17 hours later …

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2239503/thailand-has-739-omicron-cases

739 Omicron cases reported……. 34% of them community infections. Looks like we’ll and truely on the increase. Must be time for parliament to work from home.

oh …. https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2239147/govt-staff-to-wfh-next-week

Again.....how do they know that any guesswork or "testing" can identify Omicron? 

Thailand or anywhere. 

15 hours ago, TimL said:

How can you get tested within three days before you leave your country and be negative and then be positive when you get to a Thailand arrival airport. 

On the plane sit next to or near an infected/asymptomatic person.

22 hours ago, TV7 said:

I read in an (serious) article that this virus is seven times more contagious than the Delta and gives three times less severe symptoms than Delta. Also, two vaccines won’t do much protection, and a booster is necessary. Too make a long story short, that doesn’t look good. If with Delta 1 in 100 would end up in the hospital, now 1 in 300 would. But it’s the number 700 comparing to Delta (7 times more contagious) that will put 2,1 person into the hospital. So, the healthcare system will be under more pressure, even if it’s less fatal. Let’s hope that this new virus will be start of the end of covid and it will turn into a flu kind of illness.

An extra variable to take into account is the duration of hospitalization (and another significant variable is the probability of needing emergency care). I've read reports that consider duration and Omicron seems to reduce the previous average of 11 days to 3 days (which would be great: 2.1 --> 0.6). However, I'm not seeing that being reflected by recent hospitalizations stats (esp. of London or even the UK in general) so I'm still in a wait-and-see frame of mind. Let's hope for the best, without slacking off until conclusions become more definite.

5 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I think I know who the whacky girl is if it is the same CM weird girl. She is off her rocker and something happened to her, but she seems she has money so that is not her agenda.

Im all for crazy girls--im just not gonna pay to play! :)

34 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Im all for crazy girls--im just not gonna pay to play! :)

If it is the same one then she is really loony tunes. Your safer to pay to play . 

• Cool 1

13 hours ago, beachwalker said:

Please see my previous post I am triple Pfizer vaccinated and caught Covid beginning of December very mild,now even with a negative departure and an NHS covid recovered pass they are holding me in the test and go hotel to check an in conclusive pcr on arrival result.

Interesting, i am not vaccinated and didnt catch covid (to my knowledge).  It's almost as if having or not having the shot is irrelevant to catching covid.  

7 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

... but she seems she has money so that is not her agenda.

Sure about that?

O do not know anyone in Thailand,  'seems to have money', would not go for more, if it is in  reach!

Testing tourists on arrival wasn't the smartest thing to do. All had to do a PCR test before departure. But if they got infected during their voyage, like on a crowded airport, they will still test negative ON arrival. But positive 3 or 4 days AFTER arrival. Which is what happened with the 2 tourists in Chiang Mai. And the couple coming from Belgium. And undoubtedly with many others 

Not that it matters, omicron would have entered anyhow. Just as rho, sigma or tau will enter in a few months 

27 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Sure about that?

O do not know anyone in Thailand,  'seems to have money', would not go for more, if it is in  reach!

If it is the same gal then she is a complete crackpot who seems to have money. Her intentions are very strange. She would be a perfect stalker given the opportunity. 

6 hours ago, hikwai said:

Thailand does not give a rat a** about anything else of what the government does in the whole world in controlling COVID-19 & Omicron variant. Thailand says it's "us vs them"

23 hours ago, samiam123 said:

I can't understand why anyone is still talking about # of cases.  It is becoming almost as meaningless as talking about how many people got the flu this week. 

The ONLY number that matters is the # of hospitalizations.  The media rarely puts that number their headlines because it's not as big and scary as the # of cases.  Also, I believe the vast majority of hospitalizations in the US are still Delta and the vast majority of those people are unvaxxed.  Like 80-90% of the people in hospitals are unvaxxed.  Of the ones that are vaxxed, they usually have pre-existing conditions.

Here in the UK we get a daily report on the main news of the number of new cases, the number and deaths and hospitalisations. 

Yes, the numbers are large here compared to many countries, but then again we see the truth as we are not just testing people who think they have the virus but millions of tests are done everyday to anyone who wants one thus we find more cases.

I am always surprised at the low number reported in Thailand every day, it is almost a joke.

But I suppose if you do not look then you will not see i.e very limited testing.