News Forum - Indian actress almost denied entry at Bangkok airport for not having a printed document

Thaiger

A famous Indian actress says she was almost denied entry to Thailand for apparently not having a document printed out. Travellers are required to obtain a Thailand Pass QR code to present at the airport upon arrival, but the actress, Vanitha Vijayakumar, says she needed to have a document printed out for her Visa on Arrival. The 41 year old actress was eventually allowed to enter the country, but apparently it wasn’t easy. Vanitha made a post on Twitter saying she was stuck at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi International Airport for hours because she didn’t have a document printed out for her […]

The story Indian actress almost denied entry at Bangkok airport for not having a printed document as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

I experienced something similar when I was pulled over at a checkpoint in Phuket and was asked to produce my passport. It was in the hotel safe of course, but the policeman said a photocopy would suffice. Ever since I've carried a certified copy in my wallet. Despite all the app for this and app for that, a document with a stamp still has chudos in Thailand.

Heaven forbid that a “famous” actress has to follow the same rules as others. Where were her minions that do these pesky things, like immigration paperwork and that Covid stuff?  daft bovine.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 1

No Simpothy for her . i knew the rules when.i arrived on Fridaythis week . Everything printed out from my Thailand pass to my insurance documents and my all three vacination certificates for vacs and booster plus my SHA+ Hotel and Test & Go confirmation . Showing again that the Rich & Famouse think they are entitled to be treated different. i had all in had and it took me from leaving the plane to getting threw the first quevk point to immigrationand to the baggage hall in total 15mins then 15mins from bags to in car off for my PCR test  No Simpothy for her . i knew the rules when.i arrived on Fridaythis week . Everything printed out from my Thailand pass to my insurance documents and my all three vacination certificates for vacs and booster plus my SHA+ Hotel and Test & Go confirmation . Showing again that the Rich & Famouse think they are entitled to be treated different. i had all in had and it took me from leaving the plane to getting threw the first quevk point to immigrationand to the baggage hall in total 15mins then 15mins from bags to in car off for my PCR test  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

15 minutes ago, Choccy said:

No Simpothy for her . i knew the rules when.i arrived on Fridaythis week . Everything printed out from my Thailand pass to my insurance documents and my all three vacination certificates for vacs and booster plus my SHA+ Hotel and Test & Go confirmation . Showing again that the Rich & Famouse think they are entitled to be treated different. i had all in had and it took me from leaving the plane to getting threw the first quevk point to immigrationand to the baggage hall in total 15mins then 15mins from bags to in car off for my PCR test  No Simpothy for her . i knew the rules when.i arrived on Fridaythis week . Everything printed out from my Thailand pass to my insurance documents and my all three vacination certificates for vacs and booster plus my SHA+ Hotel and Test & Go confirmation . Showing again that the Rich & Famouse think they are entitled to be treated different. i had all in had and it took me from leaving the plane to getting threw the first quevk point to immigrationand to the baggage hall in total 15mins then 15mins from bags to in car off for my PCR test  

Sorry for the misspelled words and the thread getting mix up Will try better next time 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, whitesnake said:

THE "Land of Smiles"!!!! Freekin' joke!

If your planning to come here Don't, if your here don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

Thats the Thailand goes digital they announced. If she got the Thai pass already, then all the datas are already in the system and approved. Just watch in your damn pc or stop talking nonsense about Thailand goes digital. And for what they have the scanner for the passports when they not know how to use a computer and nothing is digital?!

1 hour ago, yetanother said:

"@srilankanairlinesofficial so rude and unethical doesn’t care after taking exorbitant ticket fares…the manager is asking me to buy a new ticket and go back to India to get a print out."

==> well in the face of overwhelming thai logic , she didnt back down;

good for her

Where is the "thai logic"?

The hold up wasn't with Thai Immigration but with Sri Lanka Airlines, as she says very clearly.

... but, of course, who cares about what actually happened ...

13 minutes ago, Choccy said:

Wow this sounds childish, how old are you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I experienced something similar when I was pulled over at a checkpoint in Phuket and was asked to produce my passport. It was in the hotel safe of course, but the policeman said a photocopy would suffice. Ever since I've carried a certified copy in my wallet. Despite all the app for this and app for that, a document with a stamp still has chudos in Thailand.

Exactly - it's hardly complicated or a problem.

12 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Wow this sounds childish, how old are you? 

Well, credit where it's due since it's better English and far more comprehensible than yours generally are 😂

21 minutes ago, Choccy said:

Sorry for the misspelled words and the thread getting mix up Will try better next time 

Welcome to the board, @Choccy, and thanks for the easily understood and informative post - a breath of fresh air 😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Well, credit where it's due since it's better English and far more comprehensible than yours generally are 😂

Welcome to the board, @Choccy, and thanks for the easily understood and informative post - a breath of fresh air 😇

Clowns and kids are united 😅🤣😂

"She says she was even told to fly back to India to print out the document"

I'll never complain about staff anymote who are sending me 3x downstairs to make an extra copy. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Choccy said:

So good you said it twice!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

How did you get the certified copy?

Not from me, it was actually @Jason who does.

I'm guessing notarised, but I carry a Thai driving licence so can't really help there, sorry.

• Like 1

"Has been" actress on the skids trying anything for publicity. Tried acting FAILED, tried producing FAILED, tried Thailand FAILED.  Famous for failing.

Didn't add link Wikipedia sorry.

"the manager is asking me to buy a new ticket and go back to India to get a print out."

i would like to see this brainless, low iq, manager that had this brilliant idea, while he is the manager, seems he did not prepare for a printer for these issues to solve easy and painless, i guess another one over paid and not doing his job correctly... either way they can probably bury Thailand in paper work, because thailand stays behind in the world and should do it ALL digital, immigration, multiple copies (useless, 3 extra trees going down for that) everywhere copies... and printouts, while digital, cheaper, easier and environment friendly... like always stone age for thailand because they can never move on to the future

10 minutes ago, Paco said:

"the manager is asking me to buy a new ticket and go back to India to get a print out."

i would like to see this brainless, low iq, manager that had this brilliant idea, while he is the manager, seems he did not prepare for a printer for these issues to solve easy and painless, i guess another one over paid and not doing his job correctly... either way they can probably bury Thailand in paper work, because thailand stays behind in the world and should do it ALL digital, immigration, multiple copies (useless, 3 extra trees going down for that) everywhere copies... and printouts, while digital, cheaper, easier and environment friendly... like always stone age for thailand because they can never move on to the future

If you think it happened anything near the way she claimed, maybe it's the 'actress' you need to see.

4 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

How did you get the certified copy?

Yeah! What is a certified copy as I was also wondering. Thanks for mentioning it to as I had already scrolled too far down to go back. Lazy. It wasn’t Stonker but someone else. 

4 hours ago, Stonker said:

Not from me, it was actually @Jason who does.

I'm guessing notarised, but I carry a Thai driving licence so can't really help there, sorry.

I’m guessing stated wrong and just a copy of front page and entry stamp and whatever stamp that allows him here.