News Forum - Indian actress almost denied entry at Bangkok airport for not having a printed document

Thaiger

Always have a copy of the document coming from the Thailand Pass as a back-up. Don't rely too much on the digital coming from I-phone & think that immigration officers at the airport will automatically help you because you don't do all the requirements that need to enter Thailand.

1 hour ago, atiger said:

Thai immigration police use this method to pressure foreigners into paying tea money to enter Thailand and approve visas otherwise they make you wait for as long as possible giving you more time to think about how you can make the painful wait go away. 

What absolute balls. 

Thai Immigration weren't involved in this in any way, and the idea that those applying for a visa on arrival are held up and delayed at the airport "for as long as possible" to pressure them into paying tea money to speed up the process is about as uninformed and absurd as it gets here, and I haven't put anything this strongly here for a long time.

• Like 1

What she doing simply overreacting everything. 

1 it's clearly mentioned to bring Thailand pass paper. She knows this still choose not to do it, taking the whatever happens, happens attitude. 

2 she insults Bangkok Airport in her post, no coffee, or tea, waiting for fours hours, she should know there is pandemic going on, sometimes will be open or not, there are people in other countries not having food or drink for days, but she comes with complaints of just fours hours waiting time, then what about layovers waiting for more than 12 hours hungry. 

3 she misused social media to get sympathy from followers, to shame the people who rejected her for not getting her way

She is just got fame from big boss India not the world. Not recognise the whole world. 

If she admitted she made a mistake, then okay, but shouting like a crazy person doesn't solve anything. 

I have nothing against her, but such people who acts like this I hate. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, yetanother said:

"@srilankanairlinesofficial so rude and unethical doesn’t care after taking exorbitant ticket fares…the manager is asking me to buy a new ticket and go back to India to get a print out."

==> well in the face of overwhelming thai logic , she didnt back down;

good for her

I used  Sri Lankan once , they were  very  nice in fact go as  far as to say the best flight Ive ever  had with free  overnight  accommodation at Colombo in a  really nice  big room with shower etc, lovely  little  airport and a pleasant change from the monstrosities everywhere else. The flight was  also a good  price but that does  vary.

she insults Bangkok Airport in her post, no coffee, or tea,

I cannot think of any airport in the world that has any facility (except toilets) on the international side of immigration. 

I was once stuck in a room in Hawaii for nine hours waiting for connection to LA which was the point of entry for my flight. And worse one could see the concourse through the plate glass windows. Awful.

Hawaii was the shuffle point for trans pacific flights and a number were delayed due to typhoon activity in the south.

Edited by Disenfranchised

10 hours ago, atiger said:

Thai immigration police use this method to pressure foreigners into paying tea money to enter Thailand and approve visas otherwise they make you wait for as long as possible giving you more time to think about how you can make the painful wait go away. 

Utter b***ocks. You have no idea. Never ever heard of an incident of that nature happening at the airport here and I've been here a long time. Love to know where you got this fantasy tale from ..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, nobusinessofurs said:

If your planning to come here Don't, if your here don't let the door hit you on the way out.

It seems that some here have become the most outspoken defenders of the Thai "way" and attack anyone that have warranted criticism . As far as I can see it Thailand will loose many tourists and would be long term residents. Not just because of the present crisis, but because of it's heavy bureaucracy and negative bias towards none Thais. I was planning to come to Thailand with my Thai wife, but decided against it when I realized that I would have basically no rights whatsoever. No possibility to work, no possibility to own land, having to pay a lot more then locals when visiting parks, and just generally having to accept the fact that I would always be treated as a "tolerated" Farang instead of being just another human being. We now both live already many years in an ex Soviet Republic where both me and my wife enjoy the same rights and benefits as the locals. No distinction when visiting sites. They have also a double pricing system when visiting sites, but with a residence status one pays the same. Only tourists have to pay the higher rate. It might be more of a symbolic issue, but the devil does stick in the detail. So, I won't have to worry about doors hitting me on the way out. Just for your information. My wife not only agrees, but is even more militant about the issues that foreigners have to deal with in "her" country. But that's probably because she has been living in an international environment for many years and never experienced being treated differently.

Famous ? 
So famous where ? In her local rice paddy 

Looks like yet another tatted up instagramskank 

Should have sent her back , but yet again , rules are rules in Thailand , er cough , unless you can come up with the money 

If the word almost was missing from this article I could indeed consider this news, now by any means... piece of trash gets allowed in-to the country has zero news value.

6 minutes ago, Shark said:

If the word almost was missing from this article I could indeed consider this news, now by any means... piece of trash gets allowed in-to the country has zero news value.

Could be that she is just getting publicity for her work trip to Thailand hoping for new contracts 

• Haha 1