News Forum - Tourism seeing signs of recovery after Covid-19 pandemic

Thaiger

Thailand’s reopening hasn’t quite caused an avalanche of tourists pouring into the country, but the tourism industry is seeing some recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic with a steadily increasing stream of arrivals gaining momentum. The CCSA reports that nearly 60,000 international travellers have entered Thailand in the first 16 days of the reopening program. With the increasing daily arrivals, November may hit the 100,000 tourist goal that the Executive Chairman at Kasikorn Research Centre had hoped to see. He felt that figure would be a reasonable goal that indicated moderate success in the early stages of the reopening, the first […]

The story Tourism seeing signs of recovery after Covid-19 pandemic as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

48 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

but the tourism industry is seeing some recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic

Photo evidence of the tourism recovery here in Thailand as simulated by human ekg. 

image.png.0833b144b05f784d9d49b6bfe51e8c53.png

• Haha 3
  • Cool 1

51 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The CCSA reports that nearly 60,000 international travellers have entered Thailand in the first 16 days of the reopening program.

Really .. the vid's I've been looking at suggest anything but .. and a lot of folk you may see at SUV' are Thai's who wouldn't really qualify as " International " .. CCSA , TAT and the rest of the t*ts would be well advised to cut all this nonsense as it plainly ain't true in a lot of cases .. carrying on with this is just publicly flaunting what numpties they are .. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s reopening hasn’t quite caused an avalanche of tourists pouring into the country, but the tourism industry is seeing some recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic with a steadily increasing stream of arrivals gaining momentum. The CCSA reports that nearly 60,000 international travellers have entered Thailand in the first 16 days of the reopening program. With the increasing daily arrivals, November may hit the 100,000 tourist goal that the Executive Chairman at Kasikorn Research Centre had hoped to see. He felt that figure would be a reasonable goal that indicated moderate success in the early stages of the reopening, the first […]

The story Tourism seeing signs of recovery after Covid-19 pandemic as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

What people recorgnised in Bangkok and Chonbury there are lot coming connected to the Companies, key industries , services mostly from Germany, Europe or Japan and many returnees from the companies, expates, family members etc. But these travellers are not tourists and it is noticed in Chonbury and Bangkok area as that. This is for sure not for this area and officially the arrivals are here not registered as tourists. So these numbers must be for Phuket or other areas but it doesn't fit also there. We talking now about the tourist industry or about arrivals at the airports??!

• Like 4

Headline says "after the Covid 19 pandemic" 

Someone tell the CCSA to tell the PM to open up bars in Pattaya because the pandemic has passed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

By now the idiot that spin the weel for the numbers must be very tired by now its a full time job by now thats probably not what they tell him when he get hired if he know he would have say ask a immigrant  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Someone tell the CCSA to tell the PM to open up bars in Pattaya because the pandemic has passed.

That's why they will have a meeting with PM on Friday November 26 

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, ExpatPattaya said:

It's only down because the closures are working. It's not because the pandemic has passed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dedinbed said:

Really .. the vid's I've been looking at suggest anything but .. and a lot of folk you may see at SUV' are Thai's who wouldn't really qualify as " International " .. CCSA , TAT and the rest of the t*ts would be well advised to cut all this nonsense as it plainly ain't true in a lot of cases .. carrying on with this is just publicly flaunting what numpties they are .. 

First of these are the Bangkokians still enjoying to travel for free, It was not like they couldn't travel before but just with the government stimulus free meetang... to get 60-80% of the going rate of a hotel room. Sure they go now. But this is the return of tourism, paid tourism by own population, expats living here for years now don't qualify for the same scheme even while paying taxes here.

• Cool 1

46 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

It's only down because the closures are working. It's not because the pandemic has passed. 

I don't often agree with your posts, but I think this one is spot on. Currently, infection rates in Europe are 22X that of Asia, and some countries are starting to reintroduce restrictions, including Ireland, whereas there has been little change to the restrictions in Asia.

As you will be aware, I am one of your despised barflies, and I am only waiting for the bars to reopen in TH before I book my ticket and drink your health. But I am not going to criticise TH for failing to make the same mistake that Europe has made.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's going to take time...but slow and steady is better than boom bust! 

My apologies. I am only allowed to vote once for that post.

Just now, JohninDubin said:

I don't often agree with your posts, but I think this one is spot on. Currently, infection rates in Europe are 22X that of Asia, and some countries are starting to reintroduce restrictions, including Ireland, whereas there has been little change to the restrictions in Asia.

As you will be aware, I am one of your despised barflies, and I am only waiting for the bars to reopen in TH before I book my ticket and drink your health. But I am not going to criticise TH for failing to make the same mistake that Europe has made.

Actually I guess Thailand is actually learning from Europe's mistakes and they will follow a more stricter regime style which shouldn't harm the locals as this will mean their businesses are going to be reopened and all stuff should become easier.

If they look at what Austria wants to implement and what Russia and France are doing and mix this too their own cocktail most likely we end with:

1. Proof of vaccination to enter bars/restaurant/7-11/FamilyMarkt/etc/any-thing-social.
2. Ease up the opening of Thailand to vaccinated proof of PCR and antigen test on arrival, read the end of SHA+ / AQ Hotel.
3. Mandate people working in all places (with tourists) to be vaccinated and proof this to government make it part of the personnel file.

I don't have a problem scanning my customers QR code and checking body temperature when they enter my premises - Better said this would then be done by my vaccinated staff.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Shark said:

Actually I guess Thailand is actually learning from Europe's mistakes and they will follow a more stricter regime style which shouldn't harm the locals as this will mean their businesses are going to be reopened and all stuff should become easier.

If they look at what Austria wants to implement and what Russia and France are doing and mix this too their own cocktail most likely we end with:

1. Proof of vaccination to enter bars/restaurant/7-11/FamilyMarkt/etc/any-thing-social.
2. Ease up the opening of Thailand to vaccinated proof of PCR and antigen test on arrival, read the end of SHA+ / AQ Hotel.
3. Mandate people working in all places (with tourists) to be vaccinated and proof this to government make it part of the personnel file.

I don't have a problem scanning my customers QR code and checking body temperature when they enter my premises - Better said this would then be done by my vaccinated staff.

I think Thailand can't yet follow Europe's decisions, nor can you compare the region's, as here we haven't reached the levels of vaccination to allow for the same removal of restrictions and full re-opening.

Also the restrictions here are more general and not so much directed at the unvaccinated (yet).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I think Thailand can't yet follow Europe's decisions, nor can you compare the region's, as here we haven't reached the levels of vaccination to allow for the same removal of restrictions and full re-opening.

Also the restrictions here are more general and not so much directed at the unvaccinated (yet).

First, I agree with what your saying however.
Thailand did however announce more restrictions for the un vaccinated how realistic these will be and what implications they have we will see.

TiT can sometimes amaze you. I do however fully agree to the extend that vaccinations levels haven't been reached to reach these levels, however... keeping everything closed while it appears there's a lack of wanting to be vaccinated too it's like a chicken egg problem.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shark said:

First, I agree with what your saying however.
Thailand did however announce more restrictions for the un vaccinated how realistic these will be and what implications they have we will see.

TiT can sometimes amaze you. I do however fully agree to the extend that vaccinations levels haven't been reached to reach these levels, however... keeping everything closed while it appears there's a lack of wanting to be vaccinated too it's like a chicken egg problem

I think many will jump at the chance of a vaccine once their choice is offered. And the group that rejects them on principle must accept the consequences of their decision.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

I think many will jump at the chance of a vaccine once their choice is offered. And the group that rejects them on principle must accept the consequences of their decision.

Many got it and the complaints where I want brand $x. Brand $y or whatever. This is a different discussion but fact is some just didn't want it and indeed people should face consequences of their decision Thai or not. I don't care.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Prosaap said:

By now the idiot that spin the weel for the numbers must be very tired by now its a full time job by now thats probably not what they tell him when he get hired if he know he would have say ask a immigrant  

And tomorrow already forgot the numbers of today. It is always funny to see after they come up just with another number fir the same thing after one day. I guess by this amounts of numbers they forget which predictions they made already a day before.

54 minutes ago, Shark said:

Good for TH. If and when I finally arrive, it will be so much safer for me,

• Cool 2

54 minutes ago, Shark said:

TiT can sometimes amaze you. I do however fully agree to the extend that vaccinations levels haven't been reached to reach these levels, however... keeping everything closed while it appears there's a lack of wanting to be vaccinated too it's like a chicken egg problem.

'TiT can sometimes amaze you' . . . too true, @Shark and the chicken/egg conundrum, too, with my wife, almost proudly, telling me earlier that the village hospital now has 5 vaccines (incl Sin, AZ, Pf, but not Mod) available for locals who want jabbing.

And this, with the country's double-vaxxed still only at 54.4% (yesterday), how are the PHM people going to persuade the remaining masses to get what the country needs them to get, both for their own and the greater good?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Shark said:

Many got it and the complaints where I want brand $x. Brand $y or whatever. This is a different discussion but fact is some just didn't want it and indeed people should face consequences of their decision Thai or not. I don't care.

I guess not here it is a minority , most not want a Chinese Vaccine in conversation with people especially with Thai people. Another problem is the chaos in the deliveries or complications with registratiins. If they would make walk ins for first and second shots the vaccinated number would much higher. Example they make rounds only second shots and when people come and ask when is the round of first shot none of the staff knows asking them to inform or registrate them they can not do it and say they should follow the facebook. Older people or people who said I am not in facebook what can I do they tell them they don't know. So there are other reasons and this people are not anti vaxxers. Walk ins for all is the answer also because many people live not near the the vaccination centers. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stardust said:

What people recorgnised in Bangkok and Chonbury there are lot coming connected to the Companies, key industries , services mostly from Germany, Europe or Japan and many returnees from the companies, expates, family members etc. But these travellers are not tourists and it is noticed in Chonbury and Bangkok area as that. This is for sure not for this area and officially the arrivals are here not registered as tourists. So these numbers must be for Phuket or other areas but it doesn't fit also there. We talking now about the tourist industry or about arrivals at the airports??!

I'm pretty sure they count everyone that gets off of an international flight as a tourist.. makes the figures look good for tourism.

I presume it would be quite difficult to compile a true reason why everyone is arriving

• Like 3