News Forum - Of 100,000 predicted for 2021, Hua Hin has seen 56 tourists

Thaiger

The math doesn’t look good as tourism associates estimated that the last quarter of 2021 would bring 100,000 international tourists to Hua Hin, but so far only 56 have arrived. The Thai Hotel Association explains the disparity is due to the entry process being complicated, the quarantine and testing fees being expensive, and the ban on booze and entertainment venues and nightlife activities. In the first 2 weeks of Thailand’s grand reopening plans, only 56 of the predicted 100,000 travellers expected over the next 2 months have arrived in the seaside resort town of Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan […]

The story Of 100,000 predicted for 2021, Hua Hin has seen 56 tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Even the  56 are not tourist i like to see how the idiots turn this one in a great succes because the thai know beter than the world every normal people had see this coming

• Like 4

Look at it from the bright side. 

A day or 2 ago, the news said that there were only 8 people who visited. That's 7x(!!!) higher than yesterday. 

Edited by DiJoDavO
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

An underwhelming start to the reopening for Hua Hin yet plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

Thailands tourism industry is engaging in a transition phase which may involve some short term pain but will bring great abundance to tourism regions like Hua Hin in the future.

Moving away from traditional tourism mainstays, such as sleazy bars and  massage joints, is going to take time. 

Thailand will adapt and before you know it, these areas will be awash with high quality tourists spending generous sums at cocktail lounges and luxury day spas. 

Edited by Rip255
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

In these stressful times tourists are not going to choose for sure a destination with no drinks and no night life allowed. They want to drink and party like wild animals and forget all the crap going on for a while. The government could have not performed any worse than with these insane, out of touch decisions.

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

100,000 down to 56 

That's a near miss in TAT calculating.....🤣

You can't blame them.

This is what they have to work with:

images (57).jpeg

• Haha 5

56 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Look at it from the bright side. 

A day or 2 ago, the news said that there were only 8 people who visited. That's 7x(!!!) higher than yesterday. 

Fair point!

Two days each is a real kicker, though.

Thanks to the head of propaganda office rip255 well i got news for you before high quality tourist come here you got a lot of cleaning to do the beaches are dirty as of the water the streets are a mess nothing works it has nothing for high quality tourists dream on

• Like 2

Oh Dear..what a mess! It's the people of Hua Hin I really feel for. It's lovely place and would normally be flourishing with tourists right now. Saying it will be right in 2022 is like hanging a sign on the roads into Hua Hin saying "Free beer tomorrow!!". 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oh Dear..what a mess! It's the people of Hua Hin I really feel for. It's lovely place and would normally be flourishing with tourists right now. Saying it will be right in 2022 is like hanging a sign on the roads into Hua Hin saying "Free beer tomorrow!!". 

Any beer tomorrow free or paid for might attract a few more than 56.....

• Haha 2

The average tourist stays less than two weeks. For them there is still too much risk you will spend your entire vacation in lockdown. It’s not a high risk, but for most they would just go somewhere else where the risk is almost nonexistent. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rip255 said:

An underwhelming start to the reopening for Hua Hin yet plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

Thailands tourism industry is engaging in a transition phase which may involve some short term pain but will bring great abundance to tourism regions like Hua Hin in the future.

Moving away from traditional tourism mainstays, such as sleazy bars and  massage joints, is going to take time. 

Thailand will adapt and before you know it, these areas will be awash with high quality tourists spending generous sums at cocktail lounges and luxury day spas. 

Yes, I was thinking exactly the same thing…

And then I woke up! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

going down to HH & Cha Am for a look-see soon. Chiang Mai/Rai in 2 weeks. Freinds in both places say it's a piss poor showing so far. A few resident expats and Thais from abroad showing up. No tourists want to chance the stupid Thai Pass hit or miss. Best drop it already- no one else is successfully using these overboard measures. Double vaxed, Pre flight test neg. That's it. Or no one is coming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The invoked reasons are, again, actual rules that were set before the estimation was done.

I wonder how estimations are computed ....

Anyway, that's a real sad pity, especially for all small businesses  that were hoping on tourists returned, and based on the so called estimations/previsions.

And that does not only apply here .... yesterday, Kata at 7pm, looked like a ghost city ...

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The math doesn’t look good as tourism associates estimated that the last quarter of 2021 would bring 100,000 international tourists to Hua Hin, but so far only 56 have arrived. The Thai Hotel Association explains the disparity is due to the entry process being complicated, the quarantine and testing fees being expensive, and the ban on booze and entertainment venues and nightlife activities. In the first 2 weeks of Thailand’s grand reopening plans, only 56 of the predicted 100,000 travellers expected over the next 2 months have arrived in the seaside resort town of Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan […]

The story Of 100,000 predicted for 2021, Hua Hin has seen 56 tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

High end quality tourists? 😅🤣😂

Maybe I not ask the TAT for the lotto numbers of next week 😅

Maybe they should change their astrologer or seer.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pi_Tim said:

The invoked reasons are, again, actual rules that were set before the estimation was done.

Anyway, that's a real sad pity, especially for all small businesses  that were hoping on tourists returned, and based on the so called estimations/previsions.

And that does not only apply here .... yesterday, Kata at 7pm, looked like a ghost city ...

Estimates are made by wishes, orders, dreams, incompetence, Clowns, propaganda, amulets , astrologer etc

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

Yes, I was thinking exactly the same thing…

And then I woke up! 

Yes I was angry after they told me Thailand is now a high end destination, Singapore and Monacco but when I wake up and went on my balcony everything was the same.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

"56 tourists"

Sounds like a reported number being arrested in another one of the establishments serving alcoholic beverages in violation of well thought out Thai government covid laws.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Paco said:

damn sad, but maybe it opens their eyes for once with their wild west predictions

It won't bother them Paco they will just blame something else. However they have already shot themselves by saying Entry process complicated ( Blame the Government for this ) cost of testing ( Blame the Government again ) Quarantine, ( again the Governments decision ) Booze and entertainment banned ( you've guessed it blame the Government ) If the Hotel spokesman had any balls he should have blamed his Government ministers, there to blame for everything.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Pi_Tim said:

There not computed Pi _ Tim the TAT tells someone to make up a stupid figure for that day there's no data or figures from inbound Aircraft or hotel booking figures. They just come up with the " Were predicting " and they think we believe it.

• Like 2

I'll be in HH in 4 weeks. Can't wait. Couldn't care less about bars open, or the availability of booze in a restaurant. Once you remove alcohol from the equation it is absolutely fine.