News Forum - Of 100,000 predicted for 2021, Hua Hin has seen 56 tourists

Thaiger

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I'll be in HH in 4 weeks. Can't wait. Couldn't care less about bars open, or the availability of booze in a restaurant. Once you remove alcohol from the equation it is absolutely fine. 

With some it is not about the availability of Alcohol. It is about the having the choice. Anyone who seriously believes that 'high end" tourists will flock to Thailand needs a reality check. If you have money I can think of a lot more high end destinations around the world than Thailand. Thailand like it or not has built its holiday reputation on wine women and song with nice food and and enough culture for mongers to be able to say they go for the food and culture. The idea of a relatively cheap family destination is slowly disapearing with a strong baht, expensive alcohol and increasing prices. There is a vast chasm between what the government thinks will make Thailand tourism great again and what actually will. Maybe they should ask some of the small operators who relies on foreign tourists about the value of Chinese group tours and the indian tourists looking for a cheap holiday that they seem to be putting their hopes on.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Bob20 said:

You can't blame them.

This is what they have to work with:

images (57).jpeg

Rubbish.....its  this image.jpeg.3ed19b78c0552c4c9723e83f75267a90.jpeg although Thailand 5.6 willbe  getting this  upgrade

image.jpeg.70b82730daa28f8083870cf5bde12dc6.jpeg

Edited by RampantRabbit

4 hours ago, hughcow said:

With some it is not about the availability of Alcohol. It is about the having the choice. Anyone who seriously believes that 'high end" tourists will flock to Thailand needs a reality check. If you have money I can think of a lot more high end destinations around the world than Thailand. Thailand like it or not has built its holiday reputation on wine women and song with nice food and and enough culture for mongers to be able to say they go for the food and culture. The idea of a relatively cheap family destination is slowly disapearing with a strong baht, expensive alcohol and increasing prices. There is a vast chasm between what the government thinks will make Thailand tourism great again and what actually will. Maybe they should ask some of the small operators who relies on foreign tourists about the value of Chinese group tours and the indian tourists looking for a cheap holiday that they seem to be putting their hopes on.

Exactly is absurd and the operatirs now it is crap. They told the people that the high ebd tourists like taliban rules, no maintainance, dirty beach all clubs closed, no champagner and red wine. Exactly the opposite happend as everybdody knew before who not lost his mind. But the clowns, dumb heads, empty heads not stop to open their mouth. Reality is who pay the salary, operating costs and maintainance? Why is everything apart. Nobody in Thailand wanba hear anything from dumb and dumb or dumb clowns. Nobody wants this clowns anymore. Also this dumb heads who even advertise and advocat clowns to destroy Thailand are a embarassment. Nobody needs this clowns here! 

Tourist leave after one night after they realize everything is closed as predicted. Stop the Clowns 

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/18/chonburi-tourism-council-president-says-pattaya-very-quiet-for-foreign-tourism-since-thailand-reopened-blames-bar-and-nightlife-closures-and-complex-entry-rules/

Just now, Stardust said:

Exactly is absurd and the operatirs now it is crap. They told the people that the high ebd tourists like taliban rules, no maintainance, dirty beach all clubs closed, no champagner and red wine. Exactly the opposite happend as everybdody knew before who not lost his mind. But the clowns, dumb heads, empty heads not stop to open their mouth. Reality is who pay the salary, operating costs and maintainance? Why is everything apart. Nobody in Thailand wanba hear anything from dumb and dumb or dumb clowns. Nobody wants this clowns anymore. Also this dumb heads who even advertise and advocat clowns to destroy Thailand are a embarassment. Nobody needs this clowns here! 

Tourist leave after one night after they realize everything is closed as predicted. Stop the Clowns 

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/18/chonburi-tourism-council-president-says-pattaya-very-quiet-for-foreign-tourism-since-thailand-reopened-blames-bar-and-nightlife-closures-and-complex-entry-rules/

By the way this clowns who advocate here the nonsense bring no money because the ones who enjoy the holidays spent the most!

As this rip clown who was talking about high end but himself couldnt afford to have car! No more Clowns!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, hughcow said:

Exactly and it is what the operators think, too! But Clowns are Clowns and Clowns advocate Clowns.

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Only if you include father Christmas and all the elves 🎅

Santa is not coming too many hoops to jump through and cannot risk showing positive on arrival....🤣

• Haha 2

Well what do you expect if less than the recommended 70% of the Thai population is “fully vaccinated” with actual vaccines. Nobody wants to visit that place. Not to mention A large portion of fully vaccinated were jabbed with Sinovac. And looked how that turned out for Indonesia and Malaysia. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stardust said:

I guess this person failed comprehension, or was drunk at the time of posting

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, hughcow said:

Yeah, I was just speaking for myself. I know the booze scene is a big draw for some.

3 hours ago, 9S_ said:

Well what do you expect if less than the recommended 70% of the Thai population is “fully vaccinated” with actual vaccines. Nobody wants to visit that place. Not to mention A large portion of fully vaccinated were jabbed with Sinovac. And looked how that turned out for Indonesia and Malaysia. 

If you're double vaxxed with a good vaccine, why would people worry about other people's vaccines. I don't get that. 

13 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

I'll be in HH in 4 weeks. Can't wait. Couldn't care less about bars open, or the availability of booze in a restaurant. Once you remove alcohol from the equation it is absolutely fine. 

Except its it like a  building/bomb  site with redevelopment/destruction  of fishing piers  in town certainly not looking good around there at moment

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, poohy said:

Except its it like a  building/bomb  site with redevelopment/destruction  of fishing piers  in town certainly not looking good around there at moment

Not bothered by that either! 😆

4 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Not bothered by that either! 😆

I understand You are perfectly entitled To your opinion but unless you have a home family or partner why would you go to hua hin

The last time i went other than work visa etc was 2004 it was passable then

In the last 10 years or more I really cannot see any attraction there now,anyway i wish you well

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

And who pay the rents, maintainance, sallaries?. Selfish! The new quality tourists but not spent money?! Foolish!

13 minutes ago, poohy said:

I understand You are perfectly entitled To your opinion but unless you have a home family or partner why would you go to hua hin

The last time i went other than work visa etc was 2004 it was passable then

In the last 10 years or more I really cannot see any attraction there now,anyway i wish you well

He is just a foolish!